Wounds- A SuVan Drabble

Posted: 3 years ago

Wounds!

Suman was seating in a dimly lit tent cleaning her gun. As she was intently cleaning the gun she heard the tent door open in a single action and as a protective reflex she stood up and hit the person with her gun's grip. "Crazy woman" came the voice on being hit. Suman could have recognized that voice in any corner of the world, she instantly regretted her action, it was Shravan, Major Shravan Malhotra!

Suman said a quick sorry and went to fetch the torch at the corner of the tent where she was seated earlier. Shravan meanwhile touched his collarbone as he felt some blood ooze out, his fingertips instantly got covered with the shining red liquid. Suman came with a small torch and got worried seeing the blood on Shravan's fingertips. She splayed the torch light on his collar and gasped, the uniform had absorbed some of the blood. A lump formed in her throat as she wanted to say a sorry.

Shravan saw her shocked as well as guilty expression and spoke, "The dinner is served early today, come on time"

"I am sorry Shr...Major, I was just alarmed by the sudden intrusion"

"I should be the one thanking you Captain, I am alive here, all at your mercy or had you known it's me I am sure you would have fired a bullet" Shravan spoke sarcastically!

Suman got offended at his remark, "What do you mean? After the sudden terrorist attack we had yesterday I thought it was again an attack. Moreover you should have announced that you are here, I didn't even hear your footsteps. You came in like a thief and are blaming me now!"

"A properly lit tent wouldn't have you alarmed and me wounded!" Shravan spoke ignoring her accusations 

"My torch wasn't working! Anyway, wait a minute "

"Excuses!" Shravan whispered while Suman went to bring the first aid box 

"Sit here and stay still Major till I bandage your wound"

"I'll do it myself"

"You didn't know it earlier!"

"I DO NOW" and the three words somehow pierced Suman's heart!

Shravan continued "Circumstances change a person and trust me Captain I had the best!

Suman just hummed in response, thinking of their previous cordial talks she said, "I thought wounds heal with time"

"But the scars remain"

"And they haunt you reminding about the wounds" Suman completed his words.

It was written for Spellwork- A Drabble Competition!

Thanks for reading🤗

i loved this ! trauma so big ! ! love it! afterall internal wounds speak a lot of words despite not speaking!

Beautiful piece of writing

It was quite deep❤️

emotional too

Thanks for writing 👍🏼

This was so heartfelt Lavy!❤️

Wounds heal but the scars remain is such a deep thought! So insightful! Loved it Babu!👏

I'd love to see this scene on the show!

Originally posted by Meena_J

i loved this ! trauma so big ! ! love it! afterall internal wounds speak a lot of words despite not speaking!

Thanks🤗❤️

Yes...somethings need not be spoken!

Originally posted by Bacillusbadius

Beautiful piece of writing

It was quite deep❤️

emotional too

Thanks for writing 👍🏼

Thanks🤗❤️

Originally posted by Bucky

This was so heartfelt Lavy!❤️

Wounds heal but the scars remain is such a deep thought! So insightful! Loved it Babu!👏

I'd love to see this scene on the show!

Thanks Bucky!🤗❤️

@bold That's a huge compliment❤️

It reminded me another couple! Beautifully written! Hope we'll get to see scenes like this. You guys write so good that wish all of this were included in show!

This was so beautifully written! I know Mayfly was everyone's favorite but TBH I liked this drabble a lot more....you kept us in the dark, Miyaan, by saying you don't write emotional scenes and ended up surprising us all 😆 you did an amazing job and hopefully you'll write more pieces like this 👍🏼

Originally posted by MusicOfTheHeart

It reminded me another couple! Beautifully written! Hope we'll get to see scenes like this. You guys write so good that wish all of this were included in show!

Thanks❤️

Glad you liked it😳