Suvan Drabble: Indefinite Proposal

Bucky thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Indefinite Proposal

One fine morning of a dull day, Shravan woke up determined to have his heart spoken to the love of his life. Ever since his mentor and neighbour Colonel Vijay Tiwari had come to praise his efforts at the group study sessions, Shravan had begun taking decisions a rather too impulsively. Even if it meant chasing the pizza delivery guy for his change of 2 Rs.

Bunty was done informed with where he seemed like a contestant on a game show, depleted of options and a thinking hat. Jibbing yet finally turning to go ahead with whatever lied in front.

Multiple scenarios were tried out mentally and rejected. ‘Google Miyaan is useless!’, was all Bunty had to declare after a thorough scan through “How to propose to a girl” 's search results. Ultimately it was decided on Shravan taking Suman out on a movie and both boys prided themselves for not having another wasted afternoon to their account.

Suman took a little while to be convinced, with her firing away a barrage of questions for the most part and then on the mentioning of it being an army based movie, unwillingly snapping a yes.

“Tomorrow at 8?”

“Okay. I’ll book the tickets.”

Shravan took to the best shirt to be worn for the D-day, eventually settling on a camouflage green shirt and matching green pants. Bunty marvelled at the theme his best friend had chosen and how fittingly it complemented both Suman and the movie. His lines were well rehearsed into the night that day and he found his abandoned school play coming to use at last. Sleep was a sweet baby that willingly hopped into his arms as an overly amazing day awaited him. He snuggled the tickets and kissed them good night.

What could go wrong after all?

The next morning dawned and Shravan had a few missed calls, well if 20 counts in the category. Perhaps Murphy was right with his law all along.

“Hello SUMO!”

“What Sumo! Where are you!”

The ticket that still fitted snugly in his palms, drenched with overnight saliva displayed a little A.M to the right of the number 8.

Army kids and their love for mornings I tell you!

----------

I know it's really silly. Just a random thought that had popped if Suman books tickets for a movie and instead of going for a late evening's show decides on a morning show. Inspired from a friend who watches movies in the cinemas only on Sunday mornings😆

*originally written for Pranushka's (Lavy's) Spellwork - A Drabble Competition

Edited by Bucky - 3 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

It's a beautiful fun Drabble Babu!❤️

Dare you call it silly!😡

Honestly I felt bad for Shravan😆poor boy was supposed to get up early even on the day he was going to propose😆

Suman agreeing to go as it is an army based movie is so true🤣

A wonderful drabble!👍🏼

Well written👏

Keep writing more!

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

awesome job! i love bunty miyan and shravan friendship! aww suman and shravan going on a movie date! would love to see this although (in bunty's language lol) colonavilus neh toh sabko ghal me beta dala hahaha

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago
Bucky thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pranushka_723

It's a beautiful fun Drabble Babu!❤️

Dare you call it silly!😡

Honestly I felt bad for Shravan😆poor boy was supposed to get up early even on the day he was going to propose😆

Suman agreeing to go as it is an army based movie is so true🤣

A wonderful drabble!👍🏼

Well written👏

Keep writing more!

Thanks again Babu!🤗

This was actually an abandoned OS that turned into a last minute drabble for the competition. My mind had completely gone bonkers and blank😆

Bucky thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meena_J

awesome job! i love bunty miyan and shravan friendship! aww suman and shravan going on a movie date! would love to see this although (in bunty's language lol) colonavilus neh toh sabko ghal me beta dala hahaha

Thanks Meena😆 Glad you liked it🤗

I can see you're using Bunty's lingo far more often these days!😉

Majnu_Bhai thumbnail

I feel it'll suit the show perfectly! It's silly? NO! I enjoyed it most. Bechara Shravan😆 If Suman chooses na, it'll be like this only😆 Awesome one.

Bucky thumbnail

Originally posted by: MusicOfTheHeart

I feel it'll suit the show perfectly! It's silly? NO! I enjoyed it most. Bechara Shravan😆 If Suman chooses na, it'll be like this only😆 Awesome one.

You're too sweet Razia!😳 Thank you so much!🤗