Rudhita - Barrister Babu - New FF - Chapter 7 *updated 23.12* pg 7

tharsh1011 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hi Guys. New to the forum. Followed india forum previously for Punar Vivah but stopped watching ITV serials there after. 

The current track and Anirudh painful character developement has contributed to this FF. A flawed lead is fine but a clueless one is dangerous🤐.

I don't speak or write in Hindi but do understand it well and I'm not from India so bear with me on the language and geographical errors in the story. 😅

Do correct me if I get something wrong.

Epilogue

Bondita turned around to catch a glimpse of the ship she just sailed in from London, now docked at the West Bengal port.

The strong wind is threatening to remove the pallu of her simple white and red bengali saree covering her head. Re-adjusting her pallu before it catches the wind, her body shivered involuntarily as a glum thought passed her mind.  She is leaving behind a life of burning the midnight oil, running between chambers late for every class, intense discussion with the professors and carefree time spent with her colourful set of friends. Also, his letters from Calcutta sometimes Tulsipur discussing her papers, ideas and dreams. It was a safe haven, a comfort to her heart. Just strokes on pieces of papers without any emotions.

The initial rush of happiness of returning to India has slowly dissipated. She felt suffocated as her reality was closing in. She had postponed her return as long as she could. After her graduation, she asked ‘pati ba...no Anirudh’  the Grand Tour as a gift. She knew he couldn’t say no. How could he when she did not only graduate with flying colours but a gold medallist!

‘Have you not changed over the years , Bondita. Still asking for gift. YES!’ he wrote in his letter.

Her heart knotted a little when she read the response. Was he also thinking to keep her away as far and as long as possible as he can? 

A heavy sigh left her and she took in a deep breath to clear her mind.  The hectic life in London had pushed  the nagging question to the far corner of her mind. Who is she to every relation she left behind in India years ago?

‘Bondita Roy Chowdryyyyy!!!...hasten those steps of yours. Sujoth will be waiting ...’ a hand tugged her  arm and pulled her away from the port. She let the hand guide her to the exit without resisting. They spot a tall young man in a grey suit leaning languidly against a black car. His handsome face lit up and his cheeks dimpled as he offered a lazy smile and waved his hat at them.

‘Home sweet home, Bon!’ Parvathy exclaimed. 

Bondita quicken her steps to match those of her friend’s. She chuckled looking at Parvathy’s excitement and joy of seeing her brother.

If given half a chance, she would be running the opposite direction, jump back on the ship and sail off but where to and what then. She cannot be running all her life. 

A resolve rose in her mind, ‘Be what may come, I’m not going take a step back. I will make my own journey in this life’. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Lalz-- thumbnail

Hi 😊 first of all welcome to BB forum 🤗

How can I call you?

Your prologue seems to be very interesting and exciting  can't wait for the chapters to unfold 😃 

Do continue 😳 waiting to read your work 

tharsh1011 thumbnail

Hi Lalz, you can call me tharsh.

Thanks. Hopefully, my writting is good enough. 😅

Prit_007 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Welcome to BB Forum dear.

The story seems very interesting. Please do continue. 

Waiting for the next chapter 

Btw how should I address you?

--Lalz-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: tharsh1011

Hi Lalz, you can call me tharsh.

Thanks. Hopefully, my writting is good enough. 😅

Hi tharsh 😊

Welcome 😊

tharsh1011 thumbnail

Hey, back with chapter 1. Do tell if I messed up anywhere. Enjoy😬

Chapter 1 : The Reunion

Anirudh had removed his black suit jacket, rolled up his white shirt sleeves to his elbow and his tie hanging loose with top button left open. A day old stumble adorned his face. He ran his fingers through his hair. The wind had already ruffled his usual neatly combed hair. As he relaxed further into the car seat,  his eyes took in the dusty road ahead and the occasional villages and vast green land they passed by. It was pleasant warm day. 

‘Tired? Do you want to switch?’ Anirudh glanced at Saurabh sitting next to him. 

‘No. Let me drive a little longer. You rest now, the day had been long enough’ Saurabh said his eyes focused on the road.

Indeed it had been a long day. They started the journey from Calcutta at the wee hours. They had switched twice so that they didn’t have to take any breaks unless needed.

Saurabh had suggested to put up a night at some where in between. But, Anirudh insisted he wants to be back in Tulsipur today. 

Bondita would have arrived at the haveli 3 days ago. 6 years they had only written numerous long letters. He enjoyed mentoring her. She was his brightest student. She had an insatiable hunger for knowledge,  always with inquisitive questions and intelligent arguments presented eloquently. At times she had pointed out the flaw in his cases or a loop hole he could use to counter his opponents. The letters turned into his favourite things to indulge in.

Instinctively, his hand felt for Bondita’s telegram from Italy in his pocket. She had cut short her Grand Tour and was arriving months earlier that expected. He had to re-arranged his schedule and hand over his cases to his juniors. Initially, he planned to arrive earlier than her but it took longer to settle all his work. In the rush, he had forgotten to inform Kaka on his return to Tulsipur.

When Bondita asked the Grand Tour as a gift, he had said yes. He would have another year before Bondita's return. He had always been avoiding their reunion. Now, he has no more reason to keep her away. With her return, he will need to face the questions he had avoided all these years. 

Kaka had thrown a massive tantrum and went on a rant on how scandalous it was for a married woman to travel alone in foreign lands. Anirudh reminded him, Bondita has already been on a foreign land for 5 long years, how much more scandalous can it get.

His Baba had only smirked and sarcastically asking how much it is going to cost him. Anirudh reprimanded him. Reminding Binoy, every single coin that went into Bondita’s education and now her graduation gift is from Anirudh’s own pocket.  The business ventures Anirudh’s had invested on and his barrister work in Calcutta. His Baba just waved it off muttering what waste of money. Anirudh had long ago fallen out with his Baba.

‘Anirudh babu, do you want to switch. It’s just another few more hours before we reach the haveli.’ Saurabh broke Anirudh train of thoughts.

‘Sure.’

Anirudh glanced at Saurabh who has dozed off. He had driven most of the journey from Calcutta. Saurabh, his best friend. Regardless how disagreeable Anirudh actions were, Saurabh always supported and helped him in time of need.  Anirudh looked back to the road and started humming a old Bengali folk song when...

HONK! HONK!HONK!

From his rear mirror, Anirudh saw a car speeding towards him in a distance.

HONK! HONK! HONK!

He slowed down a little and revered to his left to let the car pass him.

Now, the car was next to him, maintaining the speed to match his. The driver doesn’t seem to want to pass his car. 

HONK!HONK!HONK!

‘Anirudh babu...is everything fine?’ startled by the honks, Saurabh has woken up.

Anirudh just nodded and increasingly getting annoyed with the other driver.

Saurabh waved the car to move ahead. But, the driver ignored it.

Anirudh glared over to the black car a few times.

A tall aristocratic looking man sat on the passenger seat. He had a bemused smile and looked straight ahead. A laughing silhouette of girl in the back seat.

To his surprise , the driver looked like a young teenage boy. A small figure on the driver’s seat with a pair slender hands steering the wheel. The boy’s face partially covered by a cap. And a lopsided SMIRK! 

‘Are you mad??!!’ Anirudh shouted across.

Another smirk.

Anirudh was getting riled up with the driver’s strange attitude. 

Looking at Anirudh's face, Saurabh kept his mouth shut, thinking this is not going to end well. ‘Durga ma!’ muttering a prayer, he held tightly to whatever he can grab in the car.

HONK! HONK! HONK!

With the last honk, the driver accelerated pass Anirudh not before throwing another smirk at him. Anirudh had enough and accepted the challenge thrown at him, stepped on his accelerator. 

Both raced, cutting over and blocking each other for some time dangerously.

Saurabh saw the sharp corner in front and shouted at Anirudh. 

‘Slow down. You going to kill us!!!’

Saurabh frighten voice cut through Anirudh mind, bringing him back to his senses. He was so worked up with the challenge in front  of him, he failed to realize his actions.

Anirudh immediately slowed down but the other car just accelerated faster. Both Anirudh and Saurabh could only look on at the driver’s recklessness. 

The driver manoeuvred the corner expertly, the car swivelled to the right on it two wheels. The impact of the turn, threw the cap off the driver and locks of luscious long curls flew up in the air. 

Anirudh’s heart skipped a beat when he caught the familiar face.

Moments later, both the cars came to a stop.

‘Bondita?’ the name exuded from his lips.

Bondita stepped out Sujoth’s car, trying to control the bounds of laughter from escaping her and faced Anirudh with eyes sparkling with mischief.

Saurabh was looking at the strange lady in ill fitted vest,shirt and pants walking towards their car, turned to Anirudh in disbelief ‘Bondita??’

‘Hello, Anirudh.’ Bondita called out with a little wave. 

Both Anirudh and Saurabh speechless, continued to gawk at Bondita. 

tharsh1011 thumbnail

Hey u can call me tharsh. 😀

priasr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hey Tharsh

Interesting story  eager to read further

I hope to get a good rudhita scene 

caller123 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Wow loved it. Do please continue.

tharsh1011 thumbnail

Originally posted by: priasr

Hey Tharsh

Interesting story  eager to read further

I hope to get a good rudhita scene 

I'm so sorry I'm going to be dissapoint you. Bondita in this story is a hurt rebel. But eventually, rudhita will be together couple of chapters later.🙏