She Looked Like An Animal: Mahesh Bhatt on Parveen Babi - Page 6

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by IF_ki_Ammi

what / who is U.G ? 

Uppaluri Gopala Krishnamurti (9 July 1918 – 22 March 2007), better known as U.G., was an Indian speaker who questioned the state of enlightenment. Although many considered him an "enlightened" person, U.G. often referred to his state of being as the "natural state". He claimed[where?] that the desire for the experience of enlightenment only takes one further away from one’s natural state, and that the search for enlightenment is essentially a neurotic search for permanent pleasure and happiness.

Source: Wikipedia

MaB has written a book about U.G. 

Excerpt from something MB wrote . 

"The relationship you have with money says it all. When Valentine died, I asked Chandrasekhar to take the gold out of her teeth before cremating her. Do you know that the Catholic church paid 20 million dollars to those young boys sodomized by the priests?"

"You are individually, solely, and wholly responsible for the slum situation in Bombay. Seventy-five percent of Bombayites live in the slums because of people like you and me."

Something tells me that this summer with U.G. is going to be hot. Don't they say the light burns brightest before it goes out? 

At dinner. U.G. and I discuss with Marisa, the Italian sculptress, Bodil, the Swedish painter, and Professor Gottfried Meyer, the German painter, the theme of my new film about an aging actress.

"Rekha is the right choice for the role, Mahesh. She is herself battling with the problem right now. The movie will have the pulse and the beat of the now," says U.G.

The relationship between feminine beauty and power, estrogen therapy, and man's quest for permanence are the themes at the dining table. "Man's war against aging will never be won," says U.G. summing up a long, drawn-out conversation.

"Art is born out of frustration. Everything is born out of frustration." The jet lag is beginning to hit me now.

Originally posted by IF_ki_Ammi

what / who is U.G ? 

I guess U.G. is U.G. Krishnamurti.

He tells this story to rattle the audiences by sharing what happened to the popular and beautiful person. 

Actually he is saying, I knew her and saw her dark side. He wants people to be fascinated with the way he describes this gorgeous woman turn into a beast. And how he must have great understanding of psychotic conditions and human mind. It's all about him and only him.

If he would care, even a bit, about Parveen or if he knew  about the misery and pain she was going through or could feel some empathy towards her, he would never share it.