Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2

Fake Confession- PreRish TS (Part 2 Updated 12Aug)

nish_vir thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Hey guys, I got a new idea and thus penned it down. This one is a fun story- not too serious, not too comical. Hope you'll enjoy. It's a light read😃

Part 1

“Marry me, Rishabh!”

Someone sputtered. A glass of wine shattered. A smile formed.

Rishabh blinked hard at the woman who had went down on one knee, in front of him. Facial expressions still neutral by default, he fished out a handkerchief from his trouser pocket and suavely wiped his mouth followed by brushing clean the lapels of his coat that had been stained red by his sputtering. Who could fault him for being surprised?! His ex-wife had just proposed to him.

He pinched the bridge of his nose and snuck a glance to his right side. If the broken shards of the wine glass were a proof enough, she was just as shocked. Well, unlike him her widened chocolate browns hadn’t made an attempt to gloss over her expressions.

Rishabh finally sighed, “What is this nonsense, Menka?”

The aforementioned woman widened her olive green eyes, distaste clearly evident by the twist of her lips. “That’s not how you respond to a proposal, Rishabh”.

In response the man smirked, his eyes meeting a similar pair of obsidian ones on his far left side. “I do, when your intentions are as clear as a day”.

Menka opened and closed her mouth like a fish. Rishabh only shook his head in disbelief. “Kukki isn’t that eas—

“Woooowww!!” A squeal echoed cutting him off, following by creaking of sneakers against the wooden floorboard and soon his teenage daughter, stood by his side, glitter in her eyes putting stars to shame.

“Say yes na, dad, pleeeease!”, 16 year old Kukki clasped her palms in plea, jumping on her feet like a rabbit gone insane.

Rishabh internally groaned. Kukki seriously was forgetting something, or rather someone very significant.

“Kukki, Mr. Bajaj is already married”, Finally the silence was broken as the bearer of browns, draped in turquoise sequins stepped forward, her heels crunching the shards to smithereens.

“I know, Prerna”, Kukki responded without batting an eye, her excitement just as strong and continued, “But isn’t this a chance for you too?Reconcile with Anurag!”

Prerna flinched then but schooling her face turned to Rishabh, having decided that teenage was not the age for rationalities. “Why are you so quiet? Speak up”, Prerna half glared, as Rishabh nodded.

“Kukki is right though, Prerna”. Prerna had opened her mouth to retort when Rishabh raised a finger and continued, “Hear me out, will you?!You finally have your daughter, Samidha with you. Mr. Basu, as we all have got to know never did betray you. Even though, his incapabilities are not worth being excused, I believe Samidha deserves to be with her father, especially when he dotes on her so much. And also, you still have Mr. Basu in your heart so why not?”

“Exactly, Prerna!” Kukki interjected making Rishabh close his eyes in exasperation.

“And vese bhi, you’ve always said that the person who loves you can make you happy. Menka mom loves dad. Dad gets a shot at being happy too. Isn’t that what you would’ve wanted for him, and you too?”

Prerna pressed her lips, her fists clenched. She could not just snatch Samidha from Anurag, with Komolika out of their lives for good,Samidha could get her father too. But…

Her line of thoughts trailed as she saw Rishabh. He deserved to be happy too. His share of love that she had never given him, if Menka was willing to give it, then there was no harm, was there?

“Oh, and you don’t have to worry about the divorce agreement. Mr. Mehra will have the papers made at the earliest!”

“You are awfully prepared”, Rishabh narrowed his eyes suspiciously at his daughter who only chuckled in response.

“You overanalyze dad!” Kukki deflected, her eyes discreetly studying Prerna’s face. A sullen face. A job well done! Patting her shoulders in her brain, Kukki clapped her hands in glee. “Now that we have everyone onboard with the idea, let’s not delay!What is it they say- chatt mangi, pattvyaah….Kal engagement and parson wedding!”

“Itni jaldi!!!”Prerna, Rishabh and Menka shouted simultaneously as Kukki glared at Menka, while Prerna and Rishabh eyed her suspiciously.

“Yes! I want no delay, ok! Oh, and Prerna, your ceremony will be held only after dad’s because he is your senior”.

Prerna smiled tightly as Kukki dragged Menka away with her while Rishabh excused himself on pretext of a call.

“Coward!” Prerna murmured annoyed as she slumped on the sofa seat behind her. Leaning her head back, she sighed deeply. What was even happening? In all the days, Menka had stayed with them she had never once betrayed any hint of affections towards Mr. Bajaj. Though on many a situations, she had seen the two bicker, it possibly didn’t classify as love. Right?! As a scene of the two having a squabble flashed in front of her eyes, her chest squeezed painfully and Prerna’s lips twisted. Swatting the scene away, she put her brain back on the task at hand. Menka’s sole focus had been about badgering kukki to give her another chance, then what was this sudden proposal?!

As if a tangible realization had slapped her, Prerna shot up in her seat, her eyes widening. What if, Menka was just using Rishabh as a means to get to Kukki?! NO! She would not just let Rishabh get used!

‘As if you can talk. He’d certainly be better off with a woman whose interests lie with him, even if that’s his daughter so as to say!’Her conscious retorted and Prerna slumped back, all traces of fight leaving her body.

~*~*~*~*~

Leaning on the railing, Rishabh let out a puff of smoke, his eyes focused on the water below. It was so painfully obvious that Menka simply wanted Kukki. And he could’ve refused but—

Rishabh sighed for the umpteenth time, his mind going back to the conversation he had with Kukki two days back.  He shook his head in hopelessness. He would’ve gladly resigned himself to a life without love as long as Prerna was with him but Kukki didn’t want that. And Prerna would never step up to stop this marriage. Never. The past 8years after all had been spent in stalemate with her.

Crushing the cigar under his feet, Rishabh turned around,his ears picking on the noise of cars and the pollution in the air. Yeah, even if it was going to be a pain putting up with Menka all over again, she’d do that for them. For Kukki and Prerna. And for Samidha. Definitely.

With that Rishabh walked back towards his Rover.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Act naturally, will you?” Kukki spoke through gritted teeth.

Menka smiled apologetically. “Sorry, sweetheart. It’s just that even the thought of marrying Rishabh is horrifying”

Offended, Kukki stuck her forefinger at Menka, “My dad’s not a nightmare”.

Menka smiled lowering Kukki’s finger and cupping her hand,“Of course not. He is but a snob with a rod of annoying plans stuck up his a**e”.

“Dad’s not like that!”

“Yeah, with you and Prerna”

Kukki huffed in response and started pacing around the room.

“But how did Rishabh even agree? He’s rather bang his head into a wall than marry me!” Menka asked.

Kukki grinned cheekily in reply. “It was me. I just shed a few tears and asked dad to live for himself. Took a promise for him that if someone will be willing, he will spare them a chance”.

Menka hugged Kukki from the back, impressed. “You sly brat!”

Kukki wiggled in her arms, annoyed and finally escaped her embrace. “Plan has not yet fulfilled. You get to spend time with me, only onthe condition that Prerna confesses to dad”.

Menka pouted and grumbled a ‘fine’. “But, what if Prerna decides to marry Anurag?” Menka asked suddenly.

“In that case, Dad does not need to hold on to her. All themore better. But I have faith that Prerna will interfere. She may not love him the way he does, but she cannot just let go of him. I’m sure, we’ll succeed”

“I hope your faith stands true or I’m abandoning the mandap”, Menka shuddered.

Kukki rolled her eyes, “As if I’d let dad marry YOU!”

~*~*~*~*~

“Where is Prerna, Kukki?!!” Menka spelled, her fake smile splitting her face, as kukki helped her sit in the mandap.

“Shh, she will definitely come!” kukki quietened her as Pandit adjusted the scrolls and samagri.

“Menka rolled her eyes. “Are you sure? Even during engagement yesterday, words were lost to her!”

Kukki snickered, “If you would’ve bothered to look away from dad’s face yesterday, you would’ve actually laughed at Prerna’s face. She had legit looked constipated!”

“Yeah about that, I did laugh but at Rishabh’s face. His features were waaay more constipated”,Menka smirked.

“Yajman ko bulaaye”, As the pandit asked for Rishabh, Kukki quickly rushed away.

As Rishabh came and settled beside Menka, Kukki closed her eyes in prayer, “If I’ve ever loved my father, then please god, may his love fulfill!”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Prerna sat at the edge of bed, her head in her hands as a beautiful red dress was scattered on the bed-the dress she had worn at her wedding to Rishabh. She had seen Rishabh walk past her room, and he had stolen her breath away. Navy blue sherwani definitely complimented his stone hard features.

She had no clue what to do. Gooood, she had even jinxed their engagement yesterday in her head!

Prerna recalled how she was annoyed by the fact that Mr.Bajaj had never given her a ring whilst he slipped a pretty one into Menka’s dainty finger and adorned another in his own. And last night, when she had come across him in the kitchen, his ring had caught her attention and awfully displeased about she-had-no-clue-what, she had murmured a profanity and the very next, he had cut his finger by mistake, and had to remove the ring!

It was best that she reconciled with Anurag, if only for Samidha. Because her heart may have left an iota or two of love for Anurag but she had no trust. She just could not see herself abandoning this life. She could not even stand the thought of waking up in the morning, not to come across Mr. Bajaj in the kitchen as he whipped her favourite coffee. Her mornings would be forever empty if they won’t involve the struggles that went into waking Kukki up for school. How was she supposed to live without bickering with Mr. Bajaj on his non-existent fashion sense?

A tear of helplessness rolled down her face. She did not want to name her feelings for him. But they were strong, so strong that she would drown if she even thought of letting go. Rishabh Bajaj was her happiness and comfort. He was the habit that she’d forever hold onto and cherish.

“Don’t leave, Rishabh!” Prerna murmured, her heart aching.

part 2- https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/153853685

How was it?! Hope, you enjoyed😃

Edited by nish_vir - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

esha143 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Very interesting..... Menaka's and Rishabh's reactions are hilarious..... And Kukki's plan is solid... Now just waiting for Prerna to come and stop the marriage.... Waiting for the next part... 

kavyanjali08 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

"Khwabfaroshi jiyara daga de

Jiske sang na laga re

Uska saga yeh

Khanabadoshi naina banjare

Dhoondhe tujhmein thikane

Zid pe jiya re"

This is soooooooooooooooooooooooo awaomweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I don't know if I should laugh or what đŸ¤ŁđŸ˜† Opens with a proposal and varied reactions đŸ¤ŁđŸ¤Ł Rishabh was 'what-are-doing-Menka' and Kukki is like 'Dad-what-are-you-waiting-for-get-married' while Prerna is 'oh-want-to-kill-the-churdil-but-why' đŸ¤ŁđŸ¤ŁđŸ¤Ł Kukki is all up with plans to get her father married within two days and Prerna is putting fake smile while Mr. Bajaj remains cold by default... Menka is terrified to get married to RIshabh LOL đŸ¤ŁđŸ¤Ł Like that is classic, she got involved in teenage schemes of jealousy games and now on verge of marrying her ex-husband LOL. Prerna is burning in jealous anger for unknown reason... well girl time to put on your big-girl pants on and stop the wedding, that too fast... don't just sit holed-up in your room. I hope to see an jealous Junior Basu once... god I love to see Brat Basu burning in jealousy too much LOL.

Update next part soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!! Like now soooooooooooooooooooooooon! and when this TS is completed am gonna re-read it quite a lot more LOL.

#PS: Update 'Deception' pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

oa2019 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

loved it,  can't wait for the conclusion or updates.

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Freaking awesome! 😅😆

The plan by Kuki and Menaka is sure to elicit something extreme like a confession from Prerna. This time it wouldn't be in her head. đŸ˜†

Kuki and Menaka's conversation about the engagement describing the constipated expressions of PreRish was hilarious. đŸ˜†

Gigiri thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Interesting. Eagerly waiting to read next update. Awesome start with a different angle. Love it. 

Messi21 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

This is so good

Kukki being the matchmaker 

Please continue soon

crazyforu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Interesting loved it very much

nish_vir thumbnail

Originally posted by: esha143

Very interesting..... Menaka's and Rishabh's reactions are hilarious..... And Kukki's plan is solid... Now just waiting for Prerna to come and stop the marriage.... Waiting for the next part... 

Thanks😃. I purposely made them hilarious because I wanted to make it a light read.

Pre will come for sure

nish_vir thumbnail

Originally posted by: kavyanjali08

"Khwabfaroshi jiyara daga de

Jiske sang na laga re

Uska saga yeh

Khanabadoshi naina banjare

Dhoondhe tujhmein thikane

Zid pe jiya re"

This is soooooooooooooooooooooooo awaomweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I don't know if I should laugh or what đŸ¤ŁđŸ˜† Opens with a proposal and varied reactions đŸ¤ŁđŸ¤Ł Rishabh was 'what-are-doing-Menka' and Kukki is like 'Dad-what-are-you-waiting-for-get-married' while Prerna is 'oh-want-to-kill-the-churdil-but-why' đŸ¤ŁđŸ¤ŁđŸ¤Ł Kukki is all up with plans to get her father married within two days and Prerna is putting fake smile while Mr. Bajaj remains cold by default... Menka is terrified to get married to RIshabh LOL đŸ¤ŁđŸ¤Ł Like that is classic, she got involved in teenage schemes of jealousy games and now on verge of marrying her ex-husband LOL. Prerna is burning in jealous anger for unknown reason... well girl time to put on your big-girl pants on and stop the wedding, that too fast... don't just sit holed-up in your room. I hope to see an jealous Junior Basu once... god I love to see Brat Basu burning in jealousy too much LOL.

😆you so not like anurag, do you? 

Update next part soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!! Like now soooooooooooooooooooooooon! and when this TS is completed am gonna re-read it quite a lot more LOL.

That flatters my writer spirit a lot❤️. I will update today.

#PS: Update 'Deception' pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

😆you sure a persistent, ill try to update deception asap