•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

" Your house is beautiful Mr Salgaonkar, The locale gives such pleasant, calm vibes and the old school, traditional Haveli...It is beautiful !" Angad exclaimed with a serene smile as he and Balraj were sitting in the verandah of Mr Niranjan Salgaonkar's home, they had just finalized on a business deal but as the Jindal's decided to leave, Mr Salgaonkar stopped them for another cup of tea, though refusing initially but after a lot of persuasion on Mr Salgaonkar's part, they both had relented, now after a while of informal talk, Angad spoke what he had wished to say since long.

"My daughter-in-law had said exactly the same thing when she had first time seen it." Mr Salgaonkar spoke, his eyes giving away the fact that he was fondly reminiscing the memory.

" Oh, You have a son? I thought you only had a daughter..." Balraj spoke surprised at the discovery as Mr Salgaonkar's twinkling eyes lost their colour and the wide smile faded. He didn't reply as Angad, artistic at heart had left their conversation midway to move his eyes around the beautiful Haveli, its grey walls made of stone, the subtle beauty it emaciated had left Angad too much awed to think of anything else.

" I had...Oh, The tea came." Mr Salgaonkar who had started speaking after a pause changed the subject abruptly as a girl dressed in a plain white Saari with a Pallu on her head walked out of the Haveli with a tray.

" Oh, I am sorry..." Balraj spoke realizing as he turned towards Angad whose face was turned behind looking at the design of gate which was just behind his seat.

Realizing Angad hadn't paid head, he touched Angad's shoulder, "Angad, Tea has come..." Balraj spoke slowly as till this time, the girl had walked up to them.

"Ok, Dad..." Angad spoke as he was looking at the detailing of the gate's design, Balraj left his shoulder, smiling sheepily at Niranjan. Angad didn't turn back for at least two minutes after that though, as the girl, uncaring offered tea to Balraj and Niranjan.

Finally, realizing he needed to be courteous, Angad half turned as he raised his hands to take the cup, his face still coming to the front slowly, trying to absorb the detailing of the gate's design.

As the girl handed him the cup slowly, Angad's face was completely turned forward, his eyes on the teacup which was half in his and half in her hand though as smiling, he raised them to look at the girl, " Thank..." but he couldn't complete as seeing her beautiful eyes, he paused abruptly, his mouth slightly open, he involuntarily tried to take the complete cup from her hands as the cup turned over slightly dropping some tea on his own hands. Her eyes widened, the girl moved back reflexively with the cup as he got up and shook his hand continuously in pain due to the burn, his eyes still on her as she looked at his hand worried.

Tenu Takeya Hosh Hi Bhul Gayi,
Garm Garm Chaa Hath Te Dul Gayi,

As I saw you, I lost my senses,
which lead me to spill the hot tea on my hand.

"Are you fine Beta?" " Angad, Are you fine?" Mr Salgaonkar and Balraj together asked Angad as she looked at him worried, then suddenly thinking something she half turned, " I'll...I'll bring ice..." and hurriedly walked off saying it.

As she left, a small smile occupied Angad's lips...The smile which signified that he had found the one, he had found the one who could make him so lost in herself that he'll forget the things he was lost in.

Hath Te Dul Gayi Chaa Sajna,
Aisi Teri Nigaah Sajna,
Jaandi Jaandi Dasdi Jaa Tu,
Dil De Vich Ki Tere, Dil De Vich Ki Tere,

I spilled the tea on my hand,
Such hypnotizing eyes you have got.
Tell me what’s in your heart for me, before you go, Girl.

" Why are you smiling now Angad, at least speak...are you fine?" Balraj asked as he saw the smile on Angad's lips.

Angad kept smiling, lost as she came back with ice, quickly getting down to rub it on his hand.

"Angad..." Balraj moved Angad confused as Angad who was staring at her as she applied the ice was pulled back from his staring, from his trance. He looked at Balraj stunned, then realizing the reality, he answered, " I am fine dad."

Then he turned back to look at her as she looked up at him, " Ice will relieve your pain further." And then giving a slight smile, she kept the plate with ice on the table.

" Thanks, Beta, By the way, What's your name?" Balraj asked with a smile.

" Uncle, Sandhya..." Sandhya replied with the same smile as she turned towards Niranjan looking at him as if questioning him from her eyes, " Ok Beta, You go...Actually, Mr Jindal, My daughter-in-law takes tuitions at this time so she has to leave..." Niranjan explained as Angad who was happily lost in Sandhya's eyes till now was suddenly snapped back to the reality as he heard the words, 'Daughter-in-law'.

Then looking at Sandhya from top to bottom, his smile faded as Sandhya turned back, walking inside.

He sat down unwittingly as Balraj and Niranjan did, silently sipping tea, lost in looking towards the door Sandhya came from, his face solemn.

As Niranjan and Balraj continued talking about various topics, the topic came to Sandhya as hesitating Tej asked, " How old is your daughter in law? She looks quite young..." Angad's ears rose up hearing her name as he looked towards Niranjan.

Understanding what Balraj wanted to say Niranjan replied with a faded smile, " 24, Why...last year only she came in our house as a new bride, she was a chirpy bird always happy, always expressive, it was like she was a breath of fresh air which our house needed, I sometimes feel she's more my daughter than my own daughter. She is the only daughter of Vinayak, my best friend who lives in another city, I proposed the marriage immediately as I saw her, she was the best daughter in law we could get but had I known we were doomed, I wouldn't have dragged her along, my son died in a car accident 3 days after marriage...I...I tried to explain her so much that she has a whole life ahead of her and she should remarry but I don't know why She is adamant she won't...I wish I could convince her somehow but..." Niranjan paused abruptly as he shook his head, sad.

"Oh, maybe she is in love with your son..." Balraj reasoned in deep thinking as Niranjan replied, " I would have been so happy if she was in love with him if he was alive...but he is dead, What good can a life lived in Love of a dead man do to her? For that reason, I always pray she didn't love him...anyways, they never really interacted much...In fact, they had exactly 3 meetings before marriage which included the wedding functions and they never talked much...and 3 days...I sometimes feel like it was my fault to be so adamant to get them married so soon, I wished it because Vinayak was leaving for Patna soon and I wanted to keep her in our house, I so wished I had waited, I so wish I wasn't so adamant..."

" Mr Salgaonkar, its fate..." Balraj tried to console Niranjan as he saw some unshed tears in his eyes.

" Maybe... but if it is really fate, I so wish her fate has happiness written or else...we all will move on after sometime, infact we already have managed to, we do miss Kapil but we have coped up with the loss but she...she'll forever have to live with it, I so wish she agrees to remarry..." Niranjan wiped his tears before they could fall down as Angad looked at him sadly as if he felt Niranjan's pain, as if he felt her pain. He could only wonder if she did love her husband, even if she did, was it really right to spoil her future life for a man who was dead? Did she never felt like remarrying? Did she never felt like loving someone else? If she didn't, then what made him fall for her? Why he fell for a girl who Destiny hadn't written in his fate? The only answer he could think of was, 'Life wasn't always cruel' and it couldn't be so cruel to such an innocent, loving girl...he had fallen for her because it was destined because it was written in his fate, she was written in his fate and he in hers.

Main Suneya Uchiyan Deewara Rakhiyan,
Ni Tu Dil De Chaar Chufere,
Naale Saambh Ke Rakhde Ae,
Koi Dil Ch Na Laa Le Dere,

I have heard that you have built high walls around your heart.
And been keeping it surrounded because you don’t want let anybody in your heart.

It was a few days since he had encountered Sandhya and all he could think about was...Her. Her life, her thoughts...everything he could gather from that 1 single encounter but above all this there was something peculiar that he noticed at that time and hadn't paid head too, rethinking he could only wonder why? Today, he had to come to her house for handing over some files to Niranjan. He was excited, he admitted to himself but more than that, there was a strange kind of happiness that he felt at the thought of seeing her, a kind he couldn't explain in mere words and so when Mr Salgaonkar offered him a cup of tea, he couldn't refuse but his happiness was short-lived as this time instead of Sandhya, Mrs Salgaonkar- Niranjan's wife brought tea, she must be busy in her tuition classes, he thought seeing the time.

As he sat down to have the tea and a talk with Mr Salgaonkar, Mr Salgaonkar spoke midway, " By the way, I complete forgot Beta...you loved our house that day, right? I also saw you looking at the gate's design, I guess you are interested in art so why not see our house from within? I know I am self-praising but believe me its worth it. That day I couldn't talk because of..." he purposely let his voice trail off as happy at the realization that he could finally see Sandhya, Angad nodded instantly. Then completing their tea as soon as they both could, Angad and Niranjan got up.

As they both walked inside, Angad found Sandhya sitting in the drawing-room with a few children of varying ages around, she was talking to one of them as Niranjan smiled seeing her and started talking about the designs on various walls with Angad, Angad though looking towards Niranjan was actually lost in Sandhya's thoughts and voice.

"Sometimes marriage doesn't bring Love along, sometimes marriage only brings problems...sour realizations that you are not good enough, sour realizations that you are responsible for someone's misery, sour realizations that you are responsible for someone's deat..." Angad turned instantly as he heard Sandhya speak, she had paused abruptly from completing as she looked at her student dazed...a lone teardrop moved in her eye as Angad realized she had purposely prevented herself from completing. She meant 'Death'. He knew...Why she paused? Why she prevented herself from completing talking about a bad marriage? He didn't.

" Death? Sandhya dii, we were talking about Aunt not being happy with Uncle in marriage...How did you reach death?" A girl, looking as if 16-17 questioned Sandhya with faint laughter as Sandhya shook her head indicating it was nothing, only that Angad who was the only other Sandhya's listener in the room felt the words involved Sandhya's everything.

Main Suneya Pehlaan Vi Dil Tuteya,
Dil Tuteya Tera Ik Waari,
Taahin Dil Di Deewaraan Te,
Tu Ik Na Banaai Baari,

I also have come to know that you had got heart broke once.
That’s the reason you have left no windows open to your heart.

It had so happened that the girl, a maths student of Sandhya had read a poem indicative of a lady's bad marriage with a misogynist man in her English book prior to the teacher reading in school and hence sought to question something on it from Sandhya informally, Sandhya had happily relented but her thoughts had wandered away midway only for she to pause on the right time, she thought...only if she knew, It was indeed the right time she spoke it at.

Next-Day:

" Bhaiya, Itna Mehenga?( Bhaiya, So costly?)" Sandhya who had come out for grocery shopping asked the vegetable vendor surprised as Angad whose legs had unwittingly taken him her locality today saw her with a smile.

"Nahi Chahiye...( I don't want them...)" Sandhya finally said after trying to bargain a little on the prize as she turned to leave.

As she turned, unknowingly her eyes fell on a couple at a side of the street standing near a bike, the girl had ice cream in her hand which she and the boy were sharing happily, the girl making him eat with her own hands.

A small smile crept up Sandhya's lips seeing them as the smile from Sandhya's lips followed its path to Angad's, he had followed her gaze and found the source of her happiness, the raw form of Love, the happy moments of a couple she had witnessed had made her so happy.

Then as she got a slight push from someone passing by, Sandhya was suddenly stunned, as if brought out of a dream to reality, her smile fading to a blank expression, Sandhya moved her eyes around...another lone tear, he could see in her eyes as his smile too, faded...reality had struck them hard.

Mera Vi Dil Udna Chaahe, Par Main Darni Aa,
Main Udaa Te, Main Hawawa Naale Ladni Aa,

Mera Vi Dil Udna Chaahe, Par Main Darni Aa,
Main Udaa Te, Main Hawawa Naale Ladni Aa,

I too have a desire to fly but I am afraid to do so.
Even if I tried to fly high, I would need to fight the winds.

I too have a desire to fly but I am afraid to do so.
Even if I tried to fly high, I would need to fight the winds.

Sandhya started walking away from the sight of the couple, fast as she unknowingly walked into Angad's direction, he too got down his bike as he purposely bumped into her, it wasn't difficult, he thought since she was already in her own reverie while walking.

" So...Sorry..." A lost Sandhya spoke as her eyes were on the floor.

"Oh, No problem...it was my fault too, By the way, Sandhya ji?" Angad spoke, acting surprised at seeing her as he passed her a genuine smile.

Sandhya raised her eyes at the familiar voice as recognizing him, she tried to smile slightly, only that she wasn't successful.

" Angadji? Baba's business associate? Hello..." Sandhya finally managed to put on a show smile as she took a deep breath.

"Umm...App Jaiye Ghar, Maa-Bauji hain Wahan, I have some work.(Umm...You can go home, Maa- Bauji are there, I have some work.)" Sandhya spoke trying to walk away as she didn't want to talk to anybody right now.

She was crossing Angad as she said so when Angad suddenly replied," Ji...By the way, App Chali Jaiyee...But can I ask you a question before that? ( Ok...By the way, You can go...But can I ask you a question before that?)"

Surprised, Sandhya turned halfway, " Ji...Puchiye...( Yes...You can ask...) " She replied as her brow furrowed at his words.

"Appki Smile Hamesha itni...Fake Kyun Lagti Hai? ( Your smile...Why does it always look so fake?)" Angad asked the question he had wondered for so long, the one peculiar thing he had noticed about Sandhya that day...her fake smile.

Sandhya laughed slightly as she replied, " App Acha Mazaak Kar lete hain...( Oh, You are good at kidding...)"

Moving his head in a 'No', Angad replied solemnly, " Yeh laugh bhi fake lag Rahi hai...and uss din...( This laugh is also looking fake...and that day...) " Angad paused as he thought something, Sandhya's smile and laugh too had faded by now.

" Chodiye...Bas Ek Baat Bolunga, App Mujhe Apna friend samajhiye, If you want to share anything ever...Kuch bhi jo shayad app apni family se Nahi Kar Sakti yaa Karna Nahi Chahti toh app mujhse kar Sakti hai...( Leave it...But I will say just one thing, you can consider me your friend, If you want to share anything ever...anything which maybe you can't share with your family or don't want to share with them, you can share it with me...)" Angad was abruptly cut by Sandhya.

" Ek Minute, Meine Apko Apna friend nahi samjha he...Aur Na hi Mein Samajhna Chahti hun, App Bauji ke business associate hain isliye I am trying to be calm so please respect that or else, I don't like people who intrude in my life. ( Wait a minute...I don't consider you my friend...neither do I want to, You are Bauji's business associate and hence I am trying to be calm so please respect that or else, I don't like people who intrude in my life.) " Saying so angrily, Sandhya turned forward and tried to walk away.

Pausing after going 2 steps ahead, She turned, her eyes filled with tears, " Aur Haan, Meri smile fake nahi hai. ( And yes, my smile is not fake.)" Sandhya said with a finality in her heavy voice as she almost ran away.

Khwaab Apne Apni Akhiyaan Vich Sambhale Main,
Aise Layi Te Dil Te Apne Laale Taal Main,

This fear has made me keep my dreams only to my eyes.
And it led me to lock my heart down in depths.

Angad stood silently as a faint smile climbed his lips, " Agar smile fake nahi hai toh itni Baar justifications Kyun? ( If your smile isn't fake, why are you reiterating it so many times?)" He asked himself softly as he went and sat on his bike, driving it away.

Sandhya strode all the way to her home as reaching home, she was thankful Mr and Mrs Salgaonkar weren't home, drops of tears which she had prevented from falling down till down poured out of her eyes as dropping the grocery shopping bag in the hall, she ran away to her room on the first floor, starting to cry the way up.

Reaching her room, she locked it from within as she sat down crying taking the support of the door, then holding her knees she cried heavily closing her eyes as some faint voices rang in her ears, " I don't Love you...I love someone else, this marriage is...this marriage is nothing for me...nothing."

" Bas...( Enough) " Sandhya covered her ears with her hands as she shouted, "Bas...( Enough) " Her voice lowered as she continued crying.

Main Uchiyan Uchiyan Deewara Rakhiyan,
Is Dil De Chaar Chufere, Naale Saambh Ke Rakhni Aa,
Koi Dil Te Na Laa Le Dere,

I have built high walls around my heart. So, no trespassers allowed to enter anymore.

"App Yahan Roz Bethte hain...( You sit here daily...)" A statement pulled Angad out of his thoughts as he was sitting on his bike, in the same place he had talked with Sandhya that day...it had been a month since that day and he came daily at the same time sitting here for 2 hours in hope Sandhya would talk out her problems with him...he didn't see her since then but still hoped she would come...Sandhya did saw him sitting a few times from her home, she had indeed wished she could talk to someone but had resisted the urge since forever but since Angad expressed the wish to listen, her urge peaked...she tried to avoid it only to lose to her impulse today, maybe Angad could help...maybe he couldn't but speaking to someone would surely help her in some way, she knew and who better than a willing stranger.

" Haan, I am...I am sorry, I just...( Yes, I am...I am sorry, I just...)" Angad paused abruptly as he tried to explain himself, he knew he couldn't.

" Sunege Meri baat?( Will you listen to me?)" Sandhya asked ignoring his words...Her face blank.

"Ji...Agar App Batana Chahe to Zaroor.(Yes...If you want to talk then of course.) " Angad could only say as Sandhya nodded.

"Yahan Paas mein Ek cafe, Wahan Chalte hain.( There's a cafe nearby, We can go there.) " Her face was still blank, It was blank when Angad nodded, it was blank when Angad and she silently walked to the cafe which was at a distance of 2 minutes, it was blank as they sat down and ordered coffee. Angad could only wonder how many hurricanes within was her blank face a cover-up for.

"Toh...Mujhe Baba ne Bataya app logon ki conversation ke baarein mein...phir se convince Karne Ke koshish kar rahe the Shadi ke Liye Tabh, Only if he knew the reality...Itna Pyaar toh Chodiye Woh Kabhi Meri shakal bhi na dekhna chahte.(So... Baba told me about your conversation with him...he was again trying to convince me for remarriage, at that time,Only if you knew the reality...Leave loving me so much, he wouldn't even liked to see my face then.) " Sandhya's expression changed for the first time as she gave a mirthless laugh.

" Aisa Kya kar Diya apne? Jitna Pyaar who apse Karte hain, Mujhe nahi lagta Woh apse itni nafrat Kabhi bhi kar sakte hain...unless you killed your husband.( Like what have you even done? I mean, the way he loves you, I don't think he can ever hate you so much...unless you killed your husband.)" Angad followed Sandhya's way of speaking as he himself gave a mirthless laugh.

" Agar Mein Kahun ki Meine Kuch Aisa hi Kiya hai toh?( What if I say I have done something along this only?)" Sandhya questioned seriously with a faded smile, her eyes fixed in Angad's.

Angad's laughter faded as he looked at Sandhya shocked.

Sandhya again laughed as she spoke, " Kapil Mujhe Pyaar Nahi Karte the...Woh toh shayad mujse nafrat Karte the kyunki Mein unke aur uss ladki ke beech mein aagaye jisse Woh Pyaar Karte the...Unhone yeh shadi Sirf Baba ke kehne par ki kyunki unmein Himmat hi nahi thi...Unmein himmat hi nahi thi ki Woh Baba ko mana kar sake...Kayar the woh, he was a bloody coward...( Kapil didn't love me...infact, I guess he hated me because I had come between him and the girl he loved...He married me only on Baba's saying because he didn't had the strength...he didn't had the strength to refuse Baba...Coward he was, He was a bloody coward...)" Sandhya paused to take a breath as she wiped the tears that descended down her cheeks.

Angad didn't speak anything as he let Sandhya complete, " Mujhe toh Laga yeh arrange marriage hai...Baba Mujhse Itna Pyaar Karte hain, Kapil bhi karenge, Mein bhi Kapil ko Karungi, Mujhe woh pasand the par woh...Mere Saare Sapne Todne Ka Din bhi toh Dekhiye Konsa Chuna, Shadi ke Baad...Shadi ki Raat, Mujhe toh Apna Dushman hi Bana Diya unhone...Apni Khushiyon ka Katil, Jaise...Jaise Meine unhe force Kiya ho shadi ke liye...Mhjhe Kaha, Baba ko Bolun ki Mujhe divorce chahiye par Mein Kyun Bolun?( I thought that it is an arrange marriage...Baba loves me so much, Kapil will also love me, I'll also start loving Kapil, I also liked him but he...See the day he chose to break all my dreams, Wedding night, He made me his enemy...the killer of his happiness, as if...as if I forced him to marry me...he told me to tell Baba that I want divorce but why should I say?) " Sandhya's expressions changed with each word as tears started making their way out her eyes, continuously, she didn't care to wipe them this time as  Angad realized she was reliving the moments.

"Meine Saaf inkaar Kar Diya, Kaha Ki Bolna Hai Toh khud Boliye...Raat kat gayi, 1 din Kaat Gaya par woh toh Jaise Pagal Hogaye the Mujhe apni Patni ke taur par dekh kar...Meine Kaha tha unse?Meri kya galti thi? Mujhe kehne lage ki unka dam ghutta hai Mere sath, Ki Unki girlfriend ne unhe shadi ki wajah se chod diya... ki Mere saath rehne se acha woh mar jayein...Mein bhi gusse mein bohot lade, Bohot Sunaya Unko...Uss din, 3 din nahi hue the aur chauthe din subah humari bohot Buri ladayi hui, infact Maa Baba ko pata lagte lagte Bacha, Woh gusse mein chale Gaye, Meine Ghar par cover-up kar Liya par woh Laut Kar hi nahi aaye, Lautkar aayi unki dead body...Drink and drive, Khayi mein gir Gayi unki car..Meine, Meine toh unko gusse mein bol diya tha...nahi Raha Jata Mere saath aur nahi Kaha Jata Maa-Baba se toh chale jaeyee...Bhag Jaiyee, Mujhe kya pata tha woh sach mein chale Jayenge? Meine Gusse mein bola...Meri Zindagi barbad kar di unhone, Mein sochti thi Karma will come back to him, unhe Saza Milegi ...Mujhe thodi na pata tha ki aise saza Milegi...( I  refused, I told him if he wants divorce, he should himself say it...That  night passed away, Even a day passed, all this while it seemed like he had gone crazy seeing me as his wife...Did I tell him to marry me? What was my fault in all this?He told me he feels suffocated with me,that his girlfriend left him because of our marriage...he told me he prefers to die rather than live with me...I also fought a lot with him in anger, Spoke a lot against him...that fateful day, it had just been 3 days since out wedding and fourth day we had a very bad fight , infact Ma-Baba almost got to know, he went out in anger, I covered up at home but he never came back, rather his dead body came back...Drink and Drive, his car fell from a cliff...I...I told him in anger that if he can't live me and even can't tell the truth to Maa-Baba then he should go away...run away, How could I have known that he would really go away? I spoke what I did in anger...he spoiled my life, I used to think Karma will come back to him, he'll be punished...I didn't knew he'll be punished like this...)  " Sandhya broke down badly crying, though silently as she hid her face in her palms as the waiter who brought the coffee looked at her confused. Angad indicated him to leave. He was stunned as he realized what had prevented her thoughts of remarrying...what had prevented her from even smiling genuinely, she blamed herself for Kapil's death...she believed herself to be Kapil's killer, she hated herself as much as she hated him...he didn't stop her, he let her cry...he knew she needed it, she did.

TeMera Pehlan Ve Dil Tuteya,
Haaye Tuteya Mera Ik Waari,
Taaiyon Dil Di Deewaraan Te,
Main Ik Na Banaayi Baari,

Earlier too I had a heart broke once.
That’s why I have left no open window to my heart.

Suddenly, realizing her surroundings, Sandhya removed her hands from her face as she prevented herself from crying further...then wiping her tears she got up as she held onto her handbag which was on the table, her eyes fell on Angad sitting silently looking at her actions, she was stunned as she realized what she had done...she had told her deepest secret to someone for the first time, She had opened up herself for the first time...she had cried in front of someone after Kapil's death for the first time, what had made her do it? What Angad had that others didn't? Was Angad special? Was Angad special to her? Even if he was, she wasn't going to repeat her mistake, She wasn't going to dream again...moreover, she had lost her right to dream as she killed Kapil, Sandhya thought to herself as averting her gaze, she walked away.

"San..." Angad ran behind Sandhya as he saw her walk away as Sandhya didn't stop.

" Sandhya, Rukiye...Meri baat Suniye...( Sandhya, Please wait...Listen to me...) "Angad  tried speaking as he increased his pace to reach her, she didn't pay heed still.

" Sandhya Rukiye Warna mein yeh sab Kuch Uncle Ko bata Dunga.( Sandhya, Please wait or else I'll tell all this to Uncle.)" Sandhya paused at the very moment as striding, Angad reached her.

Sandhya gave him an angry, tear-filled glare as Angad stared at her breathing heavily, " Kya Kar Rahi hain App? Apki Galti nahi hain Kapil ki death...Apne Uska accident nahi Kiya, Apne usse Uska Pyaar nahi cheena, Apne...Apne uski Zindagi barbad nahi ki...Usne Apni...Usne...Usne Apki Ki...( What are you even doing? Kapil's death is not your fault...You didn't do his accident, you didn't snatch his love, You...You didn't spoil his life...he spoiled his own...he spoiled...he spoiled your life...)" Angad spoke in between his breaths as Sandhya looked at him, he could see the wondering in her eyes...She had always tried to make herself believe this only to fail miserably at it every time, he understood.

" Meri baat par bharosa Nahi hai toh unhe batayi jin par Bharosa hai, Mein Janta hun woh bhi yahi kahenge, Appko Kapil ka murderer toh Kabhi nahi samjhenge...( If you don't trust me then tell this to the one you trust, I am sure he'll also say this only,Above all he'll definately not consider you Kapil's murderer...)" Angad spoke again as Sandhya involuntarily cut him.

" Nahi, Baba Nahi...woh Apne App Ko Galat Samjhenge...( No, Not Baba...He'll consider himself guilty...)" Sandhya paused midway as Angad looked at her accusingly, he so knew what she was doing...blaming herself to prevent even the thought of blaming Niranjan coming to her mind...She somewhere did knew that even if someone was to be blamed other than Kapil for what happened, it was Niranjan...she just didn't wish to admit it, not to herself, not to anybody else.

" Unki bhi galti nahi hai...Unke thoughts dekhe hain meine, he is a progressive man, I am sure Unhe Kapil ki Baat se koi problem nahi hoti par...it was Kapil jo Coward tha as you said.( Thinking, its not even his fault...I have seen his thoughts, he is a progressive man, I am sure he wouldn't had problem with Kapil's love marriage but...It was Kapil who was coward as you said.) " Angad tried to assure Sandhya.

"Unhe bata kar toh Dekhiye...Agar Unhe Phir bhi lagta hai ki apki yaa unki galti thi toh mein hun app ke saath, mein samjhaonga unhe, Promise.( Atleast try to tell him once...If he still thinks its your or his fault then I am with you, I'll explain him, Promise.) " He calmly spoke as Sandhya looked at him uncertainly.

" Aur Kyun hain app Mere saath, Hum toh Ek dusre ko theek se Jante bhi nahi...Pehle app Mere friend Banna chahte the aur abb yeh sab?( And why are you with me, we don't even  know each other completely...first you wanted to be my friend and now all this?)" Sandhya asked calmly with her eyes still tear-filled.

" Kyunki I Love you...I...I don't expect to be loved back agar apko Aisa lag Raha hai toh but I love you and its a reality I can't deny and so I wish to see you happy...specifically when you deserve it.( Because I Love you...I...I don't expect to be loved if you are thinking that but I Love you and its a reality I can't deny and so I wish to see you happy...specifically when you deserve it.) " Angad replied in a single breath looking deep into her eyes as Sandhya lowered her eyelashes, the uncertainty clear in her eyes.

Tere Layi Te Sari Duniya Naal Lad Lange,
Tu Jiye Te Teri Aayi Aap Mar Lange,
Hoooo, Tu Jiye Te Teri Aayi Aap Mar Laange,
Heee, Tu Jiye Te Teri Aayi Aap Mar Laange,

I will fight the entire world for you.
May you live long, and I will offer my lifespan for you.
Hoooo,May you live long, and I will offer my lifespan for you.
Heee,May you live long, and I will offer my lifespan for you.

Then as if in reflex, Sandhya started to walk away, " Ek Baar Sochiyega Zaroor Sandhya...If not anything else, they both deserve the truth...they both deserve the truth of their son.(Atleast think once Sandhya...If not anything else, they both deserve the truth...they both deserve the truth of their son.) " Angad shouted from behind as Sandhya kept walking.

"I am sorry Baba, Kash Meine Uss Din Kapil ki Baat Mann Li Hoti, Kaash I divorced him, Woh Apke Saath Hote...I am sorry, Meri Wajah Se Kapil ki death huyi...( I am sorry Baba, I wish I had agreed to Kapil's  demand that day, I wish I divorced him, he would have been with you...I am sorry, Kapil died because of me...)" Sandhya spoke crying as she sat down in the verandah, Niranjan too sat down next to her as teardrops fell from his eyes, he didn't cry though as he was in a deep thinking.

Then caressing her face lightly, he spoke, " Why are you blaming yourself Sandhya? Galti meri hai...mujhe...mujhe Kabhi Laga hi nahi ki Kapil Kisi aur se Pyaar Kar Sakta hai...Meine Kabhi Uske dil ke baat Janane Ki Koshish hi nahi ki...( Why are you blaming yourself Sandhya? The mistake is mine...I...I never felt that Kapil could love someone else...I never tried to know what was in his heart...) " Niranjan spoke blankly as Sandhya hugged him crying.

" Nahi Baba, Apki Galti nahi hai...( No, Baba, Its not your fault...)" Sandhya continued crying. Breaking the hug, she wiped Niranjan's tears crying moving her head in a 'No' as she walked up to Anjali, " Maa..." She could only say as Anjali took her in an embrace caressing her hair, " Hamesha Kehti thi ki Maa Samajhti ho par Ek saal se yeh baat apne dil ke Andar Lekar Ghum Rahi ho Sandhya...iss Dard Ko, Maa Ko Ek Baar bhi nahi bataya Sandhya...( You always used to say that you consider me your mother but you are living with the burden of this truth from an year...burden of this pain, You didn't even tell your mother once...) " Anjali spoke as she cried along.

" Sorry..." Sandhya could only say as she cried more.

After days of pondering, Sandhya did realize Angad was right, Niranjan and Anjali deserved the truth , no matter how bitter it was, no matter how much it would break them they deserved it. Moreover she knew she was with them, she would handle them, she would make them realize none was at fault, it was the situation, they would cope up with it, She would make them cope up with it, she would give them all the love and support of the daughter they considered her to be.

" Thanks Beta...if not for you, We wouldn't have got out daughter back." Niranjan spoke as Angad whom Niranjan had called after Sandhya told him everything about how he convinced her of the reality smiled.

After days of convincing, Sandhya had managed to make Niranjan think less of the guilt, made Niranjan realize the reality that it was the situation which was the villain and not him...in this she had managed to rediscover herself, realizing what she spoke to Niranjan held true for her too that Angad was indeed right, She deserves happiness, just the way everyone does...in the process she had also realized that even though a stranger, Angad mattered.

"And... she didn't say but I know why you cared Beta..." Niranjan let his voice trail off as he smiled, Angad blushed a little as he looked towards Sandhya whose cheeks too unknowingly kissed pink, she lowered her eyes with a strange smile...butterflies in her stomach...she felt, genuine smile on her lips...she felt, happiness in her heart...she felt.

And the pain, the unrequired guilt...ebbed away.

Tu Karke Uchiyan Deewaran Rakh Le,
Iss Dil De Chaar Chufere,
Bhavein Saambh Ke Rakh Le Dil,
Tere Dil Ch Main Laane Dere,

You could have as high as the walls you want around your heart.
You could try to keep it away all you want, but I will reside (or take place) in your heart anyway.

Angad's smile widened seeing her smile and blush.

" Toh Shadi Kab Rakhein?Mein Bata deta hun,  Iss Baar Sandhya ki Doli meri beti ke Taur par uthegi.( So when should me keep the wedding? Let me be clear, this time, Sandhya will leave my house as my daughter.)" Niranjan spoke as he saw Sandhya's blush, Sandhya raised her eyebrows reflexively at his words, her smile fading.

" Baba...Mein Abhi, bas Abhi shadi nahi Karna chahti...Mein  app logo ke Saath rehna chahti hun...thoda aur sochna Chahti hun...Thoda aur wait Karna chahti hun, Shayad Thoda aur heal hona chahti hun, Kya hum Kuch mahine ruk nahi sakte?( Baba...I don't want to marry now, I mean right now...I want to live with both of you...I want to think a little more...I want to wait a little more, Maybe I just want to heal a little bit more, Can't we wait for a few months?)" Sandhya asked, her eyes shuffling between Niranjan and Angad.

Te Mera Pehlaan Ve Dil Tuteya,
Haaye Tuteya Mera Ik Waari,
Taiyon Dil Di Deewaraan Te,
Main Ik Na Banaai Baari,

Earlier too I had got heart broke once.
That’s why I have left no open window to my heart.

Understanding her thoughts, Angad nodded smiling, " Mein Tumhare Liye Saloon Intezaar Karne Ko Tayar Hun...Mahine toh Kuch nahi Sandhya.( I can wait for you for years Sandhya...Months are nothing.) "

A/N: Ok, so finally I posted, its a converted version of my RiKara OS for my friend jasminerahul I was writing it since I posted the last work here, I don't know how it turned out to be but hoping you all liked it. Also, the song... if you haven't heard it , do check it out...its a beautiful song. Also, I wanted to share, Sorry to any Kapil-Sandhya fans for the greyishness of Kapil, I didn't intend to do it that badly but flow flow  mein hogaya.One last thing...A trivia- The story mentioned about Aunt and Uncle is  really a poem in CBSE class 12th book which I used here and not made up. 

Credit for English subtitles for songs goes to a site called www. lyricsraag .com .

Edited by .Piyali.. - 3 years ago

log at first sight for angad.even burnt his own finger.ha ha.like angad I am also shocked that sandhya is married.shocking that she is kapil's widow. since it's an arranged marriage in a few meetings there is no chance of love. then why sandhya doesn't want remarriage even her own father in law wants her to move on?I loved him saying that he would have been happy to know that she loves his son if he was alive.but now that's not the case.after babul saw a nice father in law who wants his bahu to get married.when angad said that sandhya's smile is fake...never expected her to laugh.I found it very cute.since they had just met i never thought that angad would ask sandhya to consider him as a friend to share everything.her anger is natural.why did sandya talk like that about marriage?did she have a bad marriage?what?did kapil tell her that he loves someone else? poor sandhya.finally she is ready to share her life story with angad n approaching him was interesting.I liked how she asked him if he can listen to her

I am not calling kapil a coward though he is.bcz not everyone has the guts to reject a proposal against parents.though both angad n sandhya blamed kapil I feel that kapil may have told his dad about his gf if his dad was friendly with him.it's when the parents are strict that the children can't share anything with them.so I am not blaming kapil for that.but after marriage asking sandhya to tell his dad that she wants to divorce him so that that will not be blamed by his dad was stupid.if he didnt have guts to refuse to marry sandhya instead of that he could have requested sandhya before marriage itself to refuse to marry him.his gf left him bcz of this marriage so he was frustrated n was on drinks.I can understand that too.but he shouldn't released his frustration on sandhya.but I think it's realistic n natural bcz in movies n serials I have seen the husbands releasing anger on their innocent wives when they did forceful marriage.actually in anger we have no control over out tongue n that's what sandhya did.but it became true.even when I am angry n i lose my control over my tongue I also fear if it will come true.but like angad said it's not her fault that kapil died.so sandhya is in guilt n thats why she doesnt want remarriage.sandhya knows that if she tells the truth to her sasur he will also be guilty as like me she also felt a bit that he is also at fault.but angad defending him was also good.angad encouraging her to say the truth to her FIL was nice.loved how confessed his love n said that he doesn't expect anything in return

I am happy that niranjan did not blame sandhya instead he blamed himself.good that he realized his mistake that he should have tried to know what his son wants.niranjan anjali sandhya scene was emotional.are niranjan anjali from ipkknd2?niranjan understanding angad's love for sandhya without any words was lovely.niranjan saying that sandhya will leave the house as his daughter was lovely.sandhya needs more time to spend with them n heal her wounds.its a right decision. loved angad willing to wait for sandhya.sweet ending.I wish it was a ts so that we could have got sangad romantic moments.perfect pics.but I wished to see one combined pic of sangad.

I have not seen the show.I saw its first promo n one sangad scene on fb.kapil is the villain.right? many people wrote that the best part of the show was kapil n it was very interesting until kapil was there in the show.but reading your note at the end i want to ask you.do kapil sandhya have fans?