PragHbir Drabble: Selfish Love

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

"How can someone give their life for someone else? Mein toh Apne Khud Ke Liye Apni Jaan Na Doon." Pragati spoke as she was walking in the college corridor with her friend, they had just read a sad story of a boy sacrificing his life for saving his lady love and that had made Pragati ponder so.

"You know what you are saying is a paradox, right Pragati?" Sheetal, her friend asked as Pragati hit her own head at Sheetal's words.

" I didn't tell you to go in science but in literature!" Pragati exclaimed as Sheetal smiled.

" Jab Tujhe Pyaar hoga na, Tujhe Samajh aa Jayega...Love makes us selfless." Sheetal finally answered Pragati's question.

" Oh haan, how many boys have you been in Love with? " Pragati teased hearing Sheetal's deep talk.

" Acha, Toh Abb Tu topic change kar sakti hai..."Sheetal said angrily as Pragati laughed biting her tongue.

" But you'll see, I am such a selfish person, I'll not fall in Love only rather than falling in love and becoming selfless." Pragati continued laughing as Sheetal moved her head with a ' She's never gonna improve' expression.

Few years down the line, meeting coincidently at a restaurant with their husbands along, Sheetal-Pragati sat down to talk.

"So, you were college friends?" Raghbir asked smiling as Pragati nodded.

After small talks and other topics following, both the friends started discussing their college moments. In the middle, Sheetal asked, " So I suppose its an arranged marriage?" 

"Actually no, Love marriage." PragHbir smiled as Raghbir spoke, Sheetal smiled as she looked at Pragati.

" So finally, You did fall in Love?" Sheetal teased.

" Sheetal..." Pragati blushed remembering their conversations about love as she continued after a pause.

"...Before you ask, Yes...I'll give up my life for Raghbir, If possible not once, Not twice but a thousand times over and over, I'll give my life for Raghbir." Pragati said as smiling she held Raghbir's hand which was on the table.

" Pragati, Why are you talking like that?" Raghbir questioned he looked at Pragati, worried.

" Well, Because thats the reality..." Pragati looked deep into Raghbir's eyes, then turned towards Sheetal.

"But yes, I realized, Love doesn't make us selfless, It makes us more selfish Sheetal...So selfish that knowing we can't live without our Love, we prefer to give our life for them." Pragati smiled at her simple conclusion as Sheetal's smile widened.

Her Raghbir finally made Pragati realize that no matter how much you try, if it has to happen, Love will happen. Her Raghbir managed to make Pragati selfless and at the same time, more selfish.

A/N:Hello , So this is a converted version of my Drabble on RiKara which am converting on PraghBir for my friend Jasminerahul. Its a silly simple story so please don't mind.

Posted: 3 years ago

thank u so much piyali.I have seen only a few episodes of bp. but I liked the pair.but its the ffs which increased my liking towards praghbir.your story made me like them more.yes those who are not in love always thinks how a person can sacrifice life.look at pragati who made fun of sacrifices in love.she even did love marriage with raghbir.it was so nice to see pragbir together in that pic.pragati saying that she can sacrifice her life 100 times for raghbir was so beautiful.it's true that love makes us selfless.but the most striking part was love makes us selfish also.it's true.we sacrifice for the person we love bcz their happiness makes us happy n that is selfishness in love.perfect pics