Pavitra Bhagya

Few Reasons Why I think the show is Going Off Air

amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I heard yesterday that the show is going off-air. Initially I was upset, but when I thought about it, I could clearly see the reasons.

1. The timing is off. Because of the slot provided, I am forced to watch the show on Voot. Probably it is the same for most others, that has caused the trp to plummet.

2. The concept of the show is good but the plot is VERY inconsistent.

The makers have roped in some great actors. Right from the leads to the brothers to dadi, etc everyone is fantastic as far as performances are concerned. But the CVs are not utilizing them right.

The show began with teenage pregnancy and adoption of Jugnu. Then suddenly, Navya appeared out of nowhere. Then suddenly Navya and Armaan are sleeping. Then suddenly there is a mystery woman following Jugnu. Then suddenly, this girl Riya appears and agrees to engage with Reyansh's brother after taking tuitions from Pranati for 2 days.

The writing of the show is all over the place, with incoherent subplots sticking out from all directions. The makers are not properly developing any subplot, and the stories are jumping from Point A to B without any proper arc. 

I began watching a new show named Ishq Mein Marjawan recently (also on Voot), and though that too has umpteen logical fallacies (like most ITV shows), the show at least has a definite, well-defined storyline. 

I know comparisons with other shows are not allowed, but it is needed in this case to point out the errors. Ekta needs to fire the current writers and hire better ones if she wants this show to survive. In the past, she has given us better shows like Kyunki, Kahaani, Jodha-Akbar. I wonder why she hired such substandard writers for this show.

Kunal and Aneri deserve better than this. Sadly, only because of poor writing, the show is getting scraped even before it could delve into the main story.

And this new Jugnu actress is good, but at times I find her annoying. The previous one was better.

Please share your views as well.

Edited by amritat - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

favjassi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Hmm u are right and also sorry to say but they are dragging a lot yaar since a week they are showin the precap of dadi insulting pranathi and they are dragging the party story since 2 days doesnt make sense it’s high time now they should start showin Rey siding pranathi they still have a chance to rescue the show and run it

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6

This content was originally posted by: favjassi

Hmm u are right and also sorry to say but they are dragging a lot yaar since a week they are showin the precap of dadi insulting pranathi and they are dragging the party story since 2 days doesnt make sense it’s high time now they should start showin Rey siding pranathi they still have a chance to rescue the show and run it

hahaha you call this dragging🤣

watch other 2 bhagyas it will boil ur blood at least navya preganancy is out to pranati and open to everyone while sherlin is pregnant for 2 years in kdb and she is not caught for her evilness for 3 years and its been 1½ year since gen leap and abhigya only have hit n miss and fans are loosing their cool...bhagyas are famous for their dragging i am happy that our bhagya is safe from that as of now

at least our show is going the right track with custody wrapping up in 1½ week...this armaan-navya story in 2 weeks...navya pregnancy within 3 days and since they cancel 1 epi it got postponed for the dadi thing

our bhagya pace is going the right direction as the dragging is not much

rey will definitely support pranati as its his journey from a irresponsible man to a responsible man

Edited by Mages - 3 years ago
Mages thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: amritat

I heard yesterday that the show is going off-air. Initially I was upset, but when I thought about it, I could clearly see the reasons.

from 24th august its airing from 10.30pm there are time slot changes but at the same i don't trust Colors creeps

1. The timing is off. Because of the slot provided, I am forced to watch the show on Voot. Probably it is the same for most others, that has caused the trp to plummet.

Colors has been playing dirty with pavitra bhagya for their fav shows its slated to air at 10pm but its airing at 10.30pm 10.45pm and almost 11pm furthermore they are no promoting the show,they changed the timings but never informed even by PB team noone knows what time its airing,no repeats,no support from channel and EK is focusing on naagin 5 thus all factors come in overall affecting the trps of the show they have even cancel PB episode without informing

its same old bullshit game Colors are playing like they did for Bepanah and Bepanah Pyaarr their purposely trick to off air the show for big boss and other shows and blame the show for low trps

we all know Rinal jodi has a fan following since silsila 2 days at the same the show is doing amazingly online its either at top 10 or top 15 on online trps

as per portals they give ultimatum of 2 weeks its a 32 old epis with no support from channel issues with time slot as there is no proper fixed time no promotions no repeats and they expect good amazing result in 2 weeks 

some portals say this show is aired for 5 months

the much of off air promotions is given to promoting the show result would have shown

2. The concept of the show is good but the plot is VERY inconsistent.

the concept is good but at the same its bold too its not abt the plot its yet to develop its how the show is being conceived PB concept is bold to accept but there are certain section who accepts such concept and people like me i watch for RiNal chemistry as this jodi is my desired jodi since Silsila 2 days and them pairing back again is just a desire come true as RiNal fandom least expected since we all jodis are not repeated

The makers have roped in some great actors. Right from the leads to the brothers to dadi, etc everyone is fantastic as far as performances are concerned. But the CVs are not utilizing them right.

its not abt utilizing them right they all have their own tracks its just needs time to develop furthermore with safety measures they can't focus like what shows used to be

it seem like a pattern now i see even in other shows they are restricting to safety measures and only show when their track is on air for the supporting cast this was not the case before covid, characters used to be all over the place and utilise them if this pandemic doesn't happen they would been utilising pranati's family for drama too even if its not needed

Ekta has nail with the whole cast and RiNal is just perfection in chemistry and performance...they are fire🔥🔥🔥

The show began with teenage pregnancy and adoption of Jugnu. Then suddenly, Navya appeared out of nowhere. Then suddenly Navya and Armaan are sleeping. Then suddenly there is a mystery woman following Jugnu. Then suddenly, this girl Riya appears and agrees to engage with Reyansh's brother after taking tuitions from Pranati for 2 days.

they would have shown some other tracks if lockdown not happened they have alter so many tracks due to the pandemic i am sure this was not the track they thought of actually

its has gone from the track of teen pregnancy and jugnu adoption,its now how prayansh comes together for jugnu as parents and their journey falling in love with each other being parents and i am happy that they have add a depth to reyansh character and there is a past for him

the rest are sub plots to bring prayansh together 

navya track can go the positive way and negative way as we need a solid vamp like komolika sherlin aaliyah types she has the traits becos reyansh family is more like comedians and everyone is grey the show needs a drama and thats what lacking here and navya can bring in some spice

armaan-navya-maan tracks are googly tracks the actual twist is the mystery women and jugnu and it is going to bring prayansh together as parents in real for their daughter and i am waiting this track to uncover

The writing of the show is all over the place, with incoherent subplots sticking out from all directions. The makers are not properly developing any subplot, and the stories are jumping from Point A to B without any proper arc. 

the sub plots maybe but not prayansh-jugnu track they are cashing in into this track becos most wants prayansh centric track

I began watching a new show named Ishq Mein Marjawan recently (also on Voot), and though that too has umpteen logical fallacies (like most ITV shows), the show at least has a definite, well-defined storyline. 

that show makers have definite script the makers did the same for ishq mein marjawan 1 and krpkab and its a thriller show the main concern is how they are going to thrill yup the show is good planning to watch too

I know comparisons with other shows are not allowed, but it is needed in this case to point out the errors. Ekta needs to fire the current writers and hire better ones if she wants this show to survive. In the past, she has given us better shows like Kyunki, Kahaani, Jodha-Akbar. I wonder why she hired such substandard writers for this show.

i agree on this we need new writers on board and kyunki kahani jodha kzk 1 some point of time showed stupidity too with their plots and sub plots too many characters and negativity..too many unneccessary dramas it holds due to the performance the issue why tracks are inconsistence becos they change it according to trps and channel interference and pressure

they are pressuring them with trps pressure

Kunal and Aneri deserve better than this. Sadly, only because of poor writing, the show is getting scraped even before it could delve into the main story.

i agree,they are life and soul of the show

And this new Jugnu actress is good, but at times I find her annoying. The previous one was better.

the changes happened becos of safety guidelines,i love both as both have amazing chemistry with RiNal...i love to watch father-daughter scenes

Please share your views as well.

Anwesha1989 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Mages

hahaha you call this dragging🤣

watch other 2 bhagyas it will boil ur blood at least navya preganancy is out to pranati and open to everyone while sherlin is pregnant for 2 years in kdb and she is not caught for her evilness for 3 years and its been 1½ year since gen leap and abhigya only have hit n miss and fans are loosing their cool...bhagyas are famous for their dragging i am happy that our bhagya is safe from that as of now

at least our show is going the right track with custody wrapping up in 1½ week...this armaan-navya story in 2 weeks...navya pregnancy within 3 days and since they cancel 1 epi it got postponed for the dadi thing

our bhagya pace is going the right direction as the dragging is not much

rey will definitely support pranati as its his journey from a irresponsible man to a responsible man

Kkb or kdb wasn't dragged in the beginning. You need a proper storyline to establish a show. Infact kkb actually had a good storyline in its first year . Now it is surviving solely bc of loyal trp aunties. But to get to that point you need a gripping story for atleast first 200 epi.

Mages thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Anwesha1989

Kkb or kdb wasn't dragged in the beginning. You need a proper storyline to establish a show. Infact kkb actually had a good storyline in its first year . Now it is surviving solely bc of loyal trp aunties. But to get to that point you need a gripping story for atleast first 200 epi.

yup u got a point....first 200 is most important its like a test

Anwesha1989 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Mages

kkb not talking abt beginning that was golden period i am talking abt current scenario gen leap

kdb the less say the better becos i watch first 220 epis and i don't know what is the story its more of sherlin ki bhagya...first 200 or after she is scott free with her punnu baby...🤦‍♀️thanks to her i stop watching as it boiled my blood

for me bhagyas actually has no storyline its running due to its drama and jodis chemistry and the dynamics b/w the jodis at least its entertaining n interesting it creates the loyal base from there...i got hook due to the dynamics of abhigya rabul n preeran even rishta is beautiful and of course zee are amazing in promoting their shows👍🏼

PB has a story and concept but poor writers and worst channel

No doubt both bhagyas are running bc trp aunties have a habit of watching them. No story whatsoever. But pb is in intial staze. It is not in zee too. So people are not thinking it is a part of bragya franchise. To survive in trp race it need a gripping storyline with proper use of side characters. Ekta seriously need to change her writting team.

Mages thumbnail

No doubt both bhagyas are running bc trp aunties have a habit of watching them. No story whatsoever. But pb is in intial staze. It is not in zee too. So people are not thinking it is a part of bragya franchise. To survive in trp race it need a gripping storyline with proper use of side characters. Ekta seriously need to change her writting team.

sorry my phone gets hanged it deleted the previous comments lazy to write...so wrote shortly🙏🏼

I totally agree with u PB needs a change of writing team👍🏼lets hope for the best

amritat thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: favjassi

I wouldnt say they are dragging.

Rather I feel they are going too fast, jumping from one subplot to another without proper development.

Like this Armaan-Riya story. Few days ago, Riya was snubbing Armaan, and without any proper development between them, she agreed to marry him.

The lockdown has affected the story, but even before that, I found the writing sub-standard. It is not compact, but all over the place.

amritat thumbnail

Exactly. The first 200 episodes need to be solid with a definite storyline. After that, things will meander.

Pavitra Bhagya is shaky in the writing department from day 1. Honestly, I started watching the show expecting something else, but except 4-5 episodes which were good, I found most of them to be pretty shoddily done.