Harry Potter

Hogwarts House Cup (Final Scoreboard + Note pg 113)

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Welcome everyone to Charms. I am Professor Flitwick.

Well, well. After that tough challenge and even tougher discussion, it is now time for a somewhat simpler challenge. All you must do is work together and write me a story on 2 rolls. That’s it.

Sounds difficult?

Well let’s make it easier. Each prefect will choose 3 people. These 3 people will work with another house’s representatives and write me a story. Simple really.

Still difficult?

Well how about this? I’ll partner you up. Gryffindor with Ravenclaw and Slytherin with Hufflepuff.

Oh and the story must revolve around this plot: Ron accidentally casts a spell that sends Hermione to Vansh Raisinghania’s house (Ishq Main Marjawan 2). She sees Aryan and Ishaani being mean to Riddhima and decides to set them straight before leaving.

The story should be a maximum of 7 pages on Word, size 11 Calibri. No minimum limit. You do not need to provide an intro or a conclusion. Imagine that the judges know exactly who Ron and Hermione are and who Vansh, Aryan, Ishaani, and Riddhima are. Also imagine that the story is to be continued from wherever you stop off.

The story must be written in English only. A few Hindi words here and there is fine.

When posting the story, clearly mark off what part was written by which house. If only one person wrote the story, then mark off how the work was divided in the first post. I will also be PMing the Prefects and each of the 3 representatives from each house to gain an understanding of which house did what and I expect to be included in the discussions. Both what the Prefects tell me and what I see will be important for some bonus points (see below).

The full house can get involved in planning if they want, but the 3 people should really do the majority of the work.

Points will be awarded by external judges on factors such as creativity, how well you merge the different universes, grammar, length, and overall flow. These points will not be available by the third round. Each category will be marked out of 10. Thus, your story will get full marks out of 50.

The same points will be given to both houses that are paired together for the story. For example, if the Gryffindor-Hufflepuff story gets 40 points, then both houses will get those 40 points.

There are another 50 points to be awarded based on each house’s contribution. These points will be divided between the two houses based on their contribution. The house that contributed more will get more points. If both houses contributed equally then both will get a bonus 25 points. See above for exactly how to note each house’s contribution.

There is one task-based bonus point that will remain hidden till results for this round are ready but will be awarded to one pair.

Stories are to be posted in this forum by August 14th 11:59 PM IST. The next round will be posted immediately as it will take our judges time to give the stories marks and I do not want to hold up the remainder of the championship.

NOTE: Just to clarify, the stories should be posted in a separate thread on the forum. The first post should have the division of labour details and the second post the story.

7 pages Word is just as a limit. You won't be penalized if you're like 3 lines over or half a page over. But don't go overboard and do 10 pages on Word. We want these stories to be short and sweet.

Tags: All tags are by Sevenstreaks (Sandhya)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail

Q&A

Originally posted by: Zeal17

That was exactly my first question smiley36 and the second one Nahinnn asked about what's scroll?

The basics you need for IMM2 is this.

Vansh is a don, Riddhima is a physiotherapist, and Kabir is a secret agent. Kabir is after Vansh and has been for quite some time, but Vansh knows what Kabir looks like. Kabir and Riddhima are in love, so Kabir asks Riddhima to find proof against Vansh. Riddhima enters as an event planner on a "cruise" and then ends up in Vansh's house as a physiotherapist for his sister, Siya.

Ishaani and Aryan are Vansh's cousins, who are selfish and bratty. They mistreated Riddhima since the moment she stepped on the cruise.

Scrolls toh ainvayi likh diya tha. Waise a scroll is about 2 to 3 pages on Word. smiley36

Originally posted by: Nahiiinnn

Whats story on 2 rolls mean? When do they have to submit it. 

So 6 ppl have to write 7 pages and rest of the members have to contribute too?smiley37

Arre 2 rolls is a HP term.

Rest of the members can help out if they want. This round there's nothing stopping them from discussing.

Originally posted by: WildestDreams

2 questions... for now!

1- Do we have to give a title to the piece of writing?

2-Can we add graphics as in a poster?

1 - No need. HP Round 2 Submission is fine.

2 - If you think it helps your story or if you feel like it, sure.

Originally posted by: WildestDreams

The graphics has to be done by one of the three members who are taking part in the task or can be done by a 4th person?😁

The graphics don't help or hinder your story, so feel free to use a 4th person for that. There is no grading done on that. smiley14

Originally posted by: ProfMcGonagall

Shreya are the judge points going to be average total out of 50 or per judge out of 50? So like if there are 2 judges would each get 50 points and then give us 100?

The latter. Per judge. I won't reveal the number of judges, but yes. If there are 2 judges, then each gets 50 points and total points awarded will be out of 100.

Minionite thumbnail

IMPORTANT:

I forgot to include a hint of what the next round will be. It's again creativity, but within your own teams.

Minionite thumbnail
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zeal17

They could be called House Captains.

Yeah why not.

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7

Ravenclaw is here 

WildestDreams thumbnail

Bookmarking the thread!😎

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

House Captain Or Vice Prefects

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Hufflepuff here and not here just like in the books.

priya185 thumbnail

congrats on the new thread