Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka!

Shayari - Funny or Annoying? (S.2. epi 6 - 8)

piyali_rockstar thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Hi Guys, 

I started following the show during lockdown and I found Aman and Roshni really cute. I was eager to see the introduction of Rehaan and Shayari and excited to see the fun element that would be added to the show as the new characters are related to RoshAn as well. 

Rehaan as a character has been established decently well, however, Shayari as a character has been disappointing. If she was meant to be funny, somehow I felt her come across annoying. She lied to get a ride to the interview which was still okay but she running off with the car and then making a mess at the parking lot. An apology for her behavior would have still been nice before the interview, but no, no mention of her wrongdoing. The name calling of the person she is come to work for at the workplace was simply unprofessional. 

She wants to take a cookie jar from a workplace?? I don't know how was this supposed to be funny. Is she a kleptomaniac? Her character has simply been disappointing. Roshni recommended someone for work - Rehaan considered her request. I appreciate the regard he has for Roshni but couldn't he tell Roshni his experience with Shayari and explain why he cannot have Shayari work for him? Like some conversation and convincing maybe before Rehaan appoints Shayari. That would still be logical. Aman is the only one who says he cannot have Shayari work at Rehaan's office. I am all for funny scenes but not annoying ones.

Shayari's scene with Roshni was the only thing which was funny in bits but otherwise the character shown so far has been extremely disappointing. I hope the makers work on her character more to flesh it out better. I am all for seeing imperfect female characters but not caricatures. I had really liked Shayari in Season 2 episode 6 but episode 7 and episode 8 - the character absolutely drove me nuts.

PS. I am all for listening to different opinions about the characters. Not meant to offend anyone. I am merely expressing my views. I think we should all agree to disagree gracefully. Please do share your thoughts.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

magicworld thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: piyali_rockstar

Rehaan as a character has been established decently well, however, Shayari as a character has been disappointing. If she was meant to be funny, somehow I felt her come across annoying. She lied to get a ride to the interview which was still okay but she running off with the car and then making a mess at the parking lot. An apology for her behavior would have still been nice before the interview, but no, no mention of her wrongdoing. The name calling of the person she is come to work for at the workplace was simply unprofessional. 

She wants to take a cookie jar from a workplace?? I don't know how was this supposed to be funny. Is she a kleptomaniac? Her character has simply been disappointing. Roshni recommended someone for work - Rehaan considered her request. I appreciate the regard he has for Roshni but couldn't he tell Roshni his experience with Shayari and explain why he cannot have Shayari work for him? Like some conversation and convincing maybe before Rehaan appoints Shayari. That would still be logical. Aman is the only one who says he cannot have Shayari work at Rehaan's office. I am all for funny scenes but not annoying ones.

Rehaan now seems Bakt of Roshni- Bhabhi Bhabhi all day😆Now to even Aman has starting taunting Rehaan Bhabhi ka chamcha. ðŸ¤£Well Rehaan -Shayari ke scenes se jyada RoshAn pe focus hai so kabhi kabhi unke scenes FF bhi kar dete hai. But its true Shayari is more irritating than Roshni. 

vardhinirosid thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Agree with u

I love roshan but im ready to accept this new pair

I liked rehan and his bonding with roshan

Dont know that actor name but he is doing well and actually like bro bond so im liking his scenes with aman

And shayari was good in intro scene

I  like fl who is full opp to mL

Like roshni she is too talkative 

So i thought shayari will be like that with some imperfections

But now its annoying..im skipping her scenes now

Mistake done once is acceptable she spilled coffee 3 times, and when i started disliking is lazy to some extent is ok bt its too much she swept all glasses under mat..its height of stupidity 

And who the hell keep  garbage in parking in their bag, if she kept biscuit covers used by her then its ok..bt outside garbage in her bag..ewww

And while talking , biscuit dust fell on rehan yuck..i really hate that

Im like her acting so far..but not liking how they are portraying her 

I hope they change her character some what, instead if showing her lazy and illmannered every time they should show other imperfections 

Priyodorshee thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

I started watching the show because of Shruti Sharma. I found her character both funny & super annoying, actually unrealistic tbh. 

I guess Gul Khan wanted to creat another Zoya (Qubool Hai) but massively failed. 

I get it her poetry is damn funny. But criticizing people for having beard or being tall like what the heck? Hiding the broken glass pieces under carpet, stealing cookie jar from where she wants to work in are too much irritating. 

But most of all, cleaning katchup stain by her dupatta when she has tissue is beyond everything! Thats the lamest thing ever. They wanted to show her as a messy girl.. getting katchup stain is enough messy. What is she? 5? What the heck they were thinking while writing her character?  

And Rehaan was trying to help. Is that how she repaid? By stealing his car? I don't know what to expect from her anymore ðŸ¤”

No offense but Roshni is annoying too. But less than Shayari till now. 

magicworld thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: SillySeasonHere

I started watching the show because of Shruti Sharma. I found her character both funny & super annoying, actually unrealistic tbh. 

I guess Gul Khan wanted to creat another Zoya (Qubool Hai) but massively failed. 

I get it her poetry is damn funny. But criticizing people for having beard or being tall like what the heck? Hiding the broken glass pieces under carpet, stealing cookie jar from where she wants to work in are too much irritating. 

But most of all, cleaning katchup stain by her dupatta when she has tissue is beyond everything! Thats the lamest thing ever. They wanted to show her as a messy girl.. getting katchup stain is enough messy. What is she? 5? What the heck they were thinking while writing her character?  

And Rehaan was trying to help. Is that how she repaid? By stealing his car? I don't know what to expect from her anymore ðŸ¤”

No offense but Roshni is annoying too. But less than Shayari till now. 

True Roshni is childish but not as annoying as Shayari.

Daisy21 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I haven't followed shayeri's scene much....

But I somehow couldn't connect with the character....Writers just embedded all annoying habits and funny dialogues to make the character funny......another thing is that I found the character as quite street smart type....

No other shades are prominently visible till now...

Shruti sharma is a good actor and hence pulling the scenes well....

Writers should add more details to the character...as they presenting the character as 2nd lead...

Edited by Daisy21 - 3 years ago
Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I like Shruti. Hoping they give her character a bit of depth. Shayari is annoying!! Actually, so is Roshni. There is nothing funny about being a slob and gross. 

Fingers crossed they tone her down. 
Rehaan and Shayari look really good together. I’m hoping for the best. 

Edited by Namita-M - 3 years ago
YjhjkSanaM thumbnail

Shayari is definitely annoying. I FF their scenes.