Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Bandish Bandits leads Ritwik Bhowmik and Shreya Chaudhry on Filmfare

HugeScarcity thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDbSF_qnQ3I/

Filmfare did a cover with the Bandish Bandits leads but it went completely unnoticed. This is the exact problem...people complain about nepotism but barely give any attention when the opportunities are given to unrecognized/newer actors. If you really want change, stop talking about the actors you don't like and take interest in newer faces.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Who are these people πŸ˜†

Ennuyi thumbnail

Cant they get better looking outsiders πŸ₯±

dharaa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: Ennuyi

Cant they get better looking outsiders πŸ₯±

It's about acting I believe, not a who-looks-the-prettiest/most handsome competition

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Recognition comes from publicity and marketing. I have Prime subscription but had no idea of this web show until I saw ur post. 

If the PH puts in money (just like star parents or godfathers/mentors do for star kids) to promote these guys, people will know them by face. Just a cover isn't enough they need to make sure people SEE the cover.

Because Ayushman, Yami, Sid M, Tara, Kaartik are all outsiders but people know them by face only because of good PR and promotions.

Justice4Samosa thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Recognition comes from publicity and marketing. I have Prime subscription but had no idea of this web show until I saw ur post. 

If the PH puts in money (just like star parents or godfathers/mentors do for star kids) to promote these guys, people will know them by face. Just a cover isn't enough they need to make sure people SEE the cover.

Because Ayushman, Yami, Sid M, Tara, Kaartik are all outsiders but people know them by face only because of good PR and promotions.

Promos of Bandish Bandits are all over the internet. The only problem is that everything about the show looks horrible including the leads πŸ˜† It's getting trashed by reviewers.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: insideroutsider

Promos of Bandish Bandits are all over the internet. The only problem is that everything about the show looks horrible including the leads πŸ˜† It's getting trashed by reviewers.

Surprisingly I haven't come across even one! Just this post and right now a promo on Prime Video which looks horrible.

There are some very talented outsiders, PH log ko problem hai kya talent ko laane ke liye 😝

Even Four More Shots Please had much better actors.

HugeScarcity thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

This show has been pretty widely promoted by Amazon across social media and even has decent music by SEL. Just the fact that they got the leads a Filmfare cover proves how much they've invested in publicity so that's my question...why is it that it's evading everyone's attention here? Personally I didn't like the trailer but it's not even about talent at this point because many people here claim certain star kids are untalented or their movies are terrible but they are still giving them attention.

Here's the thing...I'll exclude Sid/Tara since they were launched in movies with star kids but people didn't truly know Ayushman or Kartik by face at a mass level until 2018, probably not even yet for Yami. It takes outsiders blockbuster success to gain that recognition among the audience but most people are willing to follow star kids from their debut itself. Take Heropanti, for example. Tiger got instant recognition but it wasn't until BKB that Kriti had that recognition (this is in her own words).

Edited by HugeScarcity - 3 years ago
ramita94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I saw this isnt that the girl Karan Tacker is dating? Was suprised to see filmfare be interested in unknown people.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: HugeScarcity

This show has been pretty widely promoted by Amazon across social media and even has decent music by SEL. Just the fact that they got the leads a Filmfare cover proves how much they've invested in publicity so that's my question...why is it that it's evading everyone's attention here? Personally I didn't like the trailer but it's not even about talent at this point because many people here claim certain star kids are untalented or their movies are terrible but they are still giving them attention.

Here's the thing...I'll exclude Sid/Tara since they were launched in movies with star kids but people didn't truly know Ayushman or Kartik by face at a mass level until 2018, probably not even yet for Yami. It takes outsiders blockbuster success to gain that recognition among the audience but most people are willing to follow star kids from their debut itself. Take Heropanti, for example. Tiger got instant recognition but it wasn't until BKB that Kriti had that recognition (this is in her own words).

Maybe because the product has to look good too? Even the posters don't look appealing at all so its easy to look past. I checked out the trailer too but its horribly bad.

Star kids are promoted way before their debut and then have the gym/airport looks, are being publicised even when they're filming unlike web shows. The latter pick up pace gradually.

Kriti was already gaining momentum after Heropanti. Infact she had a way better start than Tara. Kriti's second film was Dilwale! Kriti was on par with Shraddha at numerous levels those years, only the last 2-3 years has Shraddha overtaken her.

And I consider Tara an equal outsider because she's worked her entire life. I seen her as a VJ on Disney when she must've been 12 or something. In fact she's had a resume much stronger than Sid's.