#NewBeginnings | KuhuNal | AviKa | AT 1 - Page 6

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by journalgirl321

. Call me biased, but I agreed completely with Varsha. From what I could tell, Varsha never blamed Mishti, but BM jumped in to defend her regardless. It was so unnecessary, and I definitely felt that more than being concerned about Kuhu's disappointment, she was concerned with what Kuhu may have said to Mishti, and how Mishti must be feeling. Like, seriously? And then she says she doesn't differentiate between the two.

I didnt even notice this while watching the BM-Varsha scene for the first time. You are right! Varsha is talking about Kuhu’s feeling but BM’s the one who takes a defensive stance immediately. How can anyone have a healthy dialogue or resolution in this house with supposed unbiased family members making everything an X vs Y debate.

This “unbiased” stance of BM also reminds me of BM and BP’s expressions during Kuhu-Kunal 2nd wedding. Their granddaughter (who they supposedly love and don’t discriminate against) was going through so much emotional turbulence leading to divorce(!) and was finally getting the wedding she wanted and they couldn’t even smile for a second? They looked super worried and stressed the entire time. For someone so impartial, that’s quite a weird stand.

Hey aqua and journalgirl. Thanks for welcoming me to the AT 😊 I read your posts on the main forum and I agree so much with you guys. I enjoyed this AT so much for expressing kuhu and kunal's perspective so beautifully

Hello everyone! I'm new here. Have always been a silent reader of the KuKu ATs and the KuhuNal AT. You all can call me Vineger(don't want to use my original name 😅. Hope it's okay).

welcome to the forum Vinegar🤗

hope you have a great time here❤️

Originally posted by Vinegar

Hello everyone! I'm new here. Have always been a silent reader of the KuKu ATs and the KuhuNal AT. You all can call me Vineger(don't want to use my original name 😅. Hope it's okay).

Welcome to the AT!! So happy to see silent readers coming out to join us here!

Btw, I love the name you've chosen!!

Hi devakshi1 and Vinegar! Welcome to the forum! 

This current track is actually great as it is frustrating. It really highlights how bad BM-BP are and how their horrible parenting has been passed on. And as grandparents they are the worst! 

I see it as calling these two out rather than Kuhu, Varsha or Jasmeet. The makers can do whatever they like with bg music, dialogues etc. but we can see through all of that.

It's great to read the conversations around the episodes again. I thought we'd lost the show for good.

Today's episode confirmed that I no longer want Kuhu and Kunal 2.0 to be together. 

First of all, I found what Jasmeet was saying to Kunal completely sensible. So why did Kunal brush it off? I'd like to think that Kunal 1.0 would've at least accepted it as food for thought, and doubt his decision to stay in the Maheshwari house (especially in addition to the fact that Meenu is clearly agitated). But no. If Abir bhai stays, he stays. And that is not at all the family man that Kunal 1.0 was. 

Kunal 2.0 is NOT good for Kuhu. It is clear that Kunal is not interested in maintaining an emotional connection with Kuhu, and would rather treat her like an immature, bratty kid (I am choosing not to get carried away by that hug in today's episode, because it doesn't "cancel out" his behavior otherwise). He actively chooses to treat everything as Kuhu's fault due to her immaturity (remember that "95% of the time" line? Yeah. Grrrrr), and along with everyone else, he therefore enables her to continue acting out. How hard is it for him to say, "Kuhu, I'm sorry you feel this horribly, and I completely understand why. And while taking out your frustration on Mishti is not going to solve anything, I am here for you. I will listen. I will be your person. You are valued and appreciated. And I am glad that you are in my life." Kuhu doesn't have anyone to say that to her, and Kunal should be the person saying that. He's her freaking HUSBAND. He made a very clear, intentional decision to marry her for a second time, and for what? So he can just take their relationship for granted because he knows that she'll melt at the bare minimum that he does for her? 

This Kunal does not seem to have any discernible personality traits whatsoever. He just does exactly what his Abir bhai wants. He isn't Kuhu's husband, and he definitely isn't Meenu's munna anymore (and we even saw Meenakshi mention her sorrow over this to Abir-- which of course, Abir completely dismissed). And you can argue that this is normal because he's a "supporting character", but shows that I've seen that are very well fleshed out and well written are the shows that have equally thought-out supporting characters as well, so that argument/excuse for lazy writing when it comes to supporting characters is completely void. 

Sigh. A moment of silence for the lost depth, nuance, and layers that all of us loved and appreciated in this once-wonderful pairing. 

Edited by journalgirl321 - 3 years ago

After listening to the discussions about the Kuhu-Kunal scenes, I have to say I agree 100%. 

Kunal 2.0 is husband ke naam par dhabba (shaayad zyada bol diya but whoever has seen the episodes, let me know). Seeing those small clips on IG annoys me to no end when he calls her "immature" and a "spoilt brat". What have writers/makers made him? Kunal 1.0 would never ever say those things about his rainbow. Also, his Bhai bhakti is getting on my nerves. The old Kunal knew how to balance his relationships. This Kunal doesn't. It feels like he is one robot who has only one command fed into his system: do what makes Bhai happy.

I wish Kuhu would leave this guy and settle in London with her Nanchak. Take Jasmeet chachi as well. She needs her family back so that she can become her wholesome version from the parent show. Varsha and Shaurya will manage BP-BM when they know full well that their daughter is happy far away from all the drama and pretense. Nidhi maami and Ketu can talk to her over video call and Kunal 2.0 can open a mandir for his Bhai-Bhabhi and utaaro their aarti because uski khud ki toh koi personality bachi hai nahi.

I have stopped watching the show and expecting the writers to give substantial track ever since I saw the surrogacy promo. Kunal does not seem to care about Kuhu, earlier during the holi pooja. Kunal was worried and by Kuhu's side when she was crying her eyes out and asking her to speak her mind. He would listen to her but first he has to understand what she is saying and later Abir and Kunal cheer her up. Kunal cared about Kuhu unlike this one.

Why are we forgetting that Kuhu also helped Abir Bro during the 2.0 track? Why are we forgetting that Kunal cared about Kuhu and was upset about not knowing about her allergies? The hospital scenes for Kuhu and Kunal were so beautiful, he could experience her fears first hand. And this time, he refused to even check after Mishti calls for help. This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

Why are we forgetting that Kuhu has a relationship with these guys which is different than the tuning she shares with Mishti. Why cannot we see Kuhu try for these relationships to make amends with Mishti and maybe then see both the girls understand each other's fears. 

The way I see it - Kunal is going to be the cheer leader for MisBir (#best devar of the year) and we will not have any KuKu or KuhuNal. They will be side characters used to glorify Abir and Mishti as they cannot make their own mistakes. 

I was excited for the sisters confrontation track but what did we get ? another band aid where Mishti saves Kuhu as always, we see BM having issues with Kuhu and Varsha. We see Mishti's POV but where is Kuhu's POV? These characters have been built in the parent show, there are plenty of scenes to show both the girls POV showcasing their individual fears and give them a beautiful arc to grow into but no, we need drama - so boom lets make Kuhu the vamp.

Another crappy track that solves absolutely nothing. It seems like the writers either don't want to solve the issues between the sisters or don't know how to now.

I'm actually routing for KuhuNal to separate. Kuhu deserves better the this robot. In my new HC Varsha, Shaurya and Kuhu leave the Mah's and RV's. They have their own house. Jasmeet goes to America back to Anshuman, Nishant, Omi Kaka and Sunaina Kaki.

Ooo I can have kaki and kaki come visit ShaVa and Kuhu...sorry, I'm getting excited now.

Let the rest do whatever the hell they want.