Members whose opinions you value, even if they differ from yours?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Which members' opinions do you respect and consider valuable, even if they are different from yours?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Which members' opinions do you respect and consider valuable, even if they are different from yours?

Yours for sure, really appreciate how you differentiate between on and off-screen personality and can still be constructive

Cricketfan1, imagineme, anjs and many more. Will add them on when their Id's come to mind

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

For me:

Similarity of vision:

Renee

Unconventional

Sharpener

GrumpyCat

GrumpyDwarf

TKOMC

BinKuch Kahe

Sailor Moon

Members whose opinions I respect, even if they are diff:

Nishita

AllThatCritique

Regressive Thug

Ponymo

Tina59

CriticusExpert

Members who I find funny:

Shaintan

Maroonporsche

TwinklingMoon

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

It would be extremely pigheaded to not value opinions which differ from yours. It would become an echo chamber, and that's one way you will never grow or become better. And I, for one, would loathe to have everyone agree with me. How boring would that be! 

Anybody who has rational views  and are willing to help you understand where they are coming from, without resorting to ad hominems when you disagree with them — are those whose posts I look forward to reading. 

However, some members, who are otherwise sensible and reasonable, do have their Achilles' heel. For example, when they are too emotionally invested in a celebrity/film/personality to see anything wrong with them, but with other matters they are perfectly logical and have balanced opinions. So you just have to know when you should take them seriously and when you shouldn't. I feel majority of the members fall into this bucket.

And then I do see problematic comments from some other members who I do not count in the above bracket, but I try my best not to engage with them because I know it is futile to try and have a civil, productive conversation with them.

Moderator thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
The topic has been flagged for non-compliance with our Forum Rules/Code of Conduct and has been temporarily closed for further review. For further concerns, please feel free to approach any member of the Development Team of this forum! Regards, I-F Development Team