Susan not a doctor. She is a psychologist .exposed! - Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by aish.

Are you sure of this, or just assuming?

I’m sure, my cousin is a psychiatrist... they can refer patients for other therapy as well.

Originally posted by Enigma24

nobody goes to a therapist for bipolar disorder. Did u see a mania patient any time in your life? 

Many wouldn't know they were bi polar, had depression etc from the start.  So yes, those who have more serious issues that eventually will need a medical Dr.  often first see therapists.

nobody goes to a therapist for bipolar disorder. Did u see a mania patient any time in your life? 

Are you suggesting people do not combine Medications with pyscho therapy in the treatment of patients with Bipolar Disorder? 

The woman never claimed to have diagnosed SSR. He could've easily been referred to her by a Pyschiatrist who thought therapy would help Sushant. 

kersi chawda sir is a Psychiatrist but i don't think sushant was his patient.

What made you think that? I also feel the same.

I believe some members here does not have the education in this field. They just like to support their favorites.

Originally posted by Bekind

I believe some members here does not have the education in this field. They just like to support their favorites.

You must be talking about yourself 

Originally posted by aaditi123

Are you suggesting people do not combine Medications with pyscho therapy in the treatment of patients with Bipolar Disorder? 

The woman never claimed to have diagnosed SSR. He could've easily been referred to her by a Pyschiatrist who thought therapy would help Sushant. 

for a bipolar disorder therapy doesn't work. For unipolar depression therapy works. For bipolar u need to be on a mood stabilizer. The moment u discontinue medication u either land in bipolar depression or mania. And treatment will begin again.

Bipolar disorder begins early on in life say 18-25 and is a chronic disorder. It is not like u had a manic episode, took tablets and u are done.. you need a mood stabilizer to maintain your mood and not cause ups and downs. Its just like diabetes or hypertension. 

Mental illness is just like any other medical illness. As much as u people demonize doctors and say therapy is enough, it is not. 

Originally posted by Bekind

i have decided to stop responding to them. I see patients. Not my cousin or aunt. So i know better. And i know how debilitating schizophrenia and bipolar disorder are. Both are serious and chronic conditions

for a bipolar disorder therapy doesn't work. For unipolar depression therapy works. For bipolar u need to be on a mood stabilizer. The moment u discontinue medication u either land in bipolar depression or mania. And treatment will begin again.

Bipolar disorder begins early on in life say 18-25 and is a chronic disorder. It is not like u had a manic episode, took tablets and u are done.. you need a mood stabilizer to maintain your mood and not cause ups and downs. Its just like diabetes or hypertension. 

Mental illness is just like any other medical illness. As much as u people demonize doctors and say therapy is enough, it is not. 

Yep, Don’t know of any data supporting CBT for mania in BPD

Don't have a lot of knowledge about mental health professionals, but my niece happens to be a clinical psychologist and she does work with psychiatrists on many cases. (But I don't know what sort of cases she works on.) The diagnosis and medication is done by the psychiatrists and the therapy is generally handled by the psychologist, who will give their reports of the therapy sessions to the psychiatrists.

Coming to the main topic, while there is a real need for mental health issues to be brought to the forefront, this lady shouldn't have spoken out about a deceased man's illness in public. This is clearly a violation of the patient's privacy and can be legally challenged. I am sure, the police has already spoken to her by now and if anyone had to clear the air, it is the police's job to do it, not the therapist's.

Edited by rainbow2017 - 3 years ago