Susan not a doctor. She is a psychologist .exposed! - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Chameli_billi

I am pretty sure you can only go to a psychologist for CBT not prescriptions. Kaha kaha se aa jate hain muh uthake.πŸ˜†

The sad part is, it does happen in india. Speaking from personal experience.

I was prescribed anti-depressants by a psychologist. I never it took it tho.

Edited by aish. - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Swetha-Sai

Good that the truth about this lady came out in open. πŸ‘

Can she be punished by Indian laws for breaking doctor patient confidentiality coz she revealed to media / public instead of revealing to the family / cops? 

she is not even a doctor in the first place. She is a quack

I don't think she diagnosed him. He must have already been diagnosed by a psychiatrist and referred to her. Bipolar do undergo therapy and counseling for their illness apart from meds.

Originally posted by aish.

Then she isn't capable of declaring that he had bipolar disorder.

Or medicating him, if she did.

She never said she did either of those things. She was his therapist. A doctor would be the one to diagnose and prescribe medication. Doctors and therapist work together to provide treatment. As his therapist she would know what Sushant was going through. She’s also right about the lack of awareness on mental health especially in the media recently, a lot of incorrect things posted on this forum too. 

She never said she was a psychiatrist or a Dr or that she prescribed medication.   She said she was a psychologist and had several appointments with him.  She could have diagnosed him and then referred him to a psychiatrist for a medical evaluation.

Regardless, she should get her licensed pulled for violating patient confidentiality.

Originally posted by Gauahargeous_N

She never said she did either of those things. She was his therapist. A doctor would be the one to diagnose and prescribe medication. Doctors and therapist work together to provide treatment. As his therapist she would know what Sushant was going through. She’s also right about the lack of awareness on mental health especially in the media recently, a lot of incorrect things posted on this forum too. 

nobody goes to a therapist for bipolar disorder. Did u see a mania patient any time in your life? 

Originally posted by Gauahargeous_N

Are you sure of this, or just assuming?

There is no rule of law in India, to be honest. You can get almost any medication from a chemist without a doctor's prescription. I live abroad and I have so many friends, who still get their medicines etc from India because the country I live in has very expensive medical services. So they avoid going to doctors and just ask some doctor or nurse cousin in India about their ailments and get medicines from India, when someone in flying in. I know of people buying really strong anti-depressants and anxiety drugs from chemists in India without even consulting a doctor....they just get some names from medical professionals they know through family and friends and buy them. 

Nowadays, a lot of brand name drug stores are opening in India, who do not dispense medications without prescriptions, but there are still several hundreds of small shops, which will happily give you a whole catchment of sleeping pills, without blinking an eyelid.

No need to even know this person is fake, how he was alright till he became completely sick aftet his trip says a lot. 

Originally posted by rainbow2017

There is no rule of law in India, to be honest. You can get almost any medication from a chemist without a doctor's prescription. I live abroad and I have so many friends, who still get their medicines etc from India because the country I live in has very expensive medical services. So they avoid going to doctors and just ask some doctor or nurse cousin in India about their ailments and get medicines from India, when someone in flying in. I know of people buying really strong anti-depressants and anxiety drugs from chemists in India without even consulting a doctor....they just get some names from medical professionals they know through family and friends and buy them. 

Nowadays, a lot of brand name drug stores are opening in India, who do not dispense medications without prescriptions, but there are still several hundreds of small shops, which will happily give you a whole catchment of sleeping pills, without blinking an eyelid.

sorry u experienced this. But on a day to day basis i see patients in a Psychiatry opd. 

My patients always complain they don't get medication even with prescription if they try buying them to avoid coming for follow ups.

We have rules as to how psychotropics are dispensed. No prescription, no drug. 

In ssr's case, rhea's father is a doctor. Its so easy for her to get a prescription