Is Taapsee Pannu Alia's only contemporary who can upstage her?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Let's face it, Alia's contemporaries are gorgeous and talented, but not a single one of them has done meaty enough roles to upstage her. Now we have Taapsee Pannu all guns blazing who has the best line-up among contemporary actresses, even better than Alia. She has the talent, the persona and the drive to beat Alia at her own game. She also has an electric presence onscreen, something on the likes of screen presence.

Do you think Taapsee is going to give Alia a run for her money? Or will she liked only by niche audiences?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Lets compare Why Taapsee was stressed during Judwaa 2 - Rediff.com movies

I worked very hard to get the bikini body' - Alia Bhatt | Alia ...

mintyblue thumbnail

Even in hotness quotient, I think Taapsee beats Alia.

As an overall package, Taapsee has my vote

Ahana_Sehgal21 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Lol... Is this Taapsee PR...   Look at the last few intvs of Taapsee, 75 -80% dislikes...  People are not liking her due to her offscreen personality... 

On a serious note. Kiara Advani might be the next big thing...

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ahana_Sehgal21

Lol... Is this Taapsee PR...   Look at the last few intvs of Taapsee, 75 -80% dislikes...  People are not liking her due to her offscreen personality... 

On a serious note. Kiara Advani might be the next big thing...

Kiara does not have a good lineup. She only has Indoo Ki Jawani, which seems like a B-grade movie.

Taapsee has the best lineup right now, followed by Kangana and then Parineeti.

Ahana_Sehgal21 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

What about  Laxmi Bomb, Bhool bholaiya 2 , Shamshera..  They are all big films.. 

Tapsee is a 10 -30 cr actress at boxoffice...

Kirti Sanon has a great lineup too

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

All of them will give her a run eventually. Alias peak has surpassed. She’s limited, and it become evident each passing year bw overhypes her 

Even more so now as her credibility as a no 1 actress or top actress is no where near past superstar actresses be it deepika, pc, kareena even Katrina. It becomes hard in your 30’s, and I feel she will struggle in maintaining as her image is completely targeted to the youth. 

Shraddha is more star material than alia currently by audiences standards. 

imo. Right now Watch out for Kriti in the near future. I feel like she is cookie cutter star material and she is one to watch out for. 

Edited by vsbarry - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ahana_Sehgal21

What about  Laxmi Bomb, Bhool bholaiya 2 , Shamshera..  They are all big films.. 

Tapsee is a 10 -30 cr actress at boxoffice...

Kirti Sanon has a great lineup too

I agree Kiara is the star 

vsbarry thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I agree Kiara is the star 

You can’t really predict how her solo films will do. She is competing with alia’s gangubai, kriti’s Mimi, parineeti’s saina nehwal. 
It really depends on how these films do. 

vsbarry thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Kiara does not have a good lineup. She only has Indoo Ki Jawani, which seems like a B-grade movie.

Taapsee has the best lineup right now, followed by Kangana and then Parineeti.

lineup doesn’t matter. It’s about the box office. If she is a solo lead and her films do better than others, than she is targeted as more successful. Star power has no basis here right now. There’s no comparison factor as all these ladies are still emerging/up and coming,. Still have to prove potential