Mere Dad Ki Dulhan

28th July episode ...woh shaam kuch ajeeb thi..

atikna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

This episode has thrown me for a toss... I mean so much happened and yet when I begin to tell it .. it's just about two or three lines 

We see Guneet approaching Amber's work place and she is feeling a bit awkward... Amber is sitting inside his office and talking to some one when he notices Guneet is standing at the door he ...keeps his phone down and then looks at Guneet... Guneet has come to the office to take her things ...she wants to make a presentation and Amber tells her to use the office and tries to leave 

The door is apparently jammed and doesn't open.. They both start working

Amber is observing Guneet and thinking that he loves her ..the song ..woh shaam kuch ajeeb thi ..plays in the big

He takes her some tea and leaves it near her and is immensely relieved that she drinks the tea.. all this while he is trying to have someone open the door 

Guneet comes to return the cup and thanks Amber ..she also asks to talk ..Amber is all eager and arranges tables and chairs ..there is a awkward moment when he gets to near to Guneet and she pushes herself back at which Amber also makes his distance...

Guneet starts talking about how her mother made a scene at Amber's house the other day to which Amber is very understanding and all. Guneet wants Amber to tell her mother whenever she asks that Guneet and her mother moved because Amber has raised the rent.

Amber who was expecting a heart to heart about the whole NDP , and Bawra mann situation is surprised , sad and somewhat disappointed . 

Else where we see Kabir show and tell all his feelings to Nia ..the only thing he didn't say were the three universal words .. otherwise her was quite clear on what he wanted from Nia and Nia 's reply was that she wants Kabir as her best friend ..This whole conversation ...a very intence conversation was fully observed by Rishi...( It felt very creepy when he was listening to this very private conversation ...I mean what..anyone else should have just left because it was a very private moment ) 

Anyways then we see that Rishi is also observing that there is some friction between Swara and Nia and also that Swara is concerned about Kabir..He then during the workshop asks Nia not to loose focus

Back at home office Nia is still distracted and then after being hounded by Kajal she accepts that there is something between her and Kabir and she doesn't want to throw her friendship with Kabir because he is too important .

The precap is that Amber and Guneet are talking and Nia barges in and then Nia asks to meet Guneet to talk over  a video call

The whole magic moments with Woh shaam kuch ajeeb thi in bg was very nice.. the unsaid feelings of Amber being elevated to thoughts by the song .. I think both Varun and Sweta were magnificent today ...

I suppose the intensity of Kabir's feelings put Nia on the backfoot.. he tries to hold back such a lot and yet when it comes out its so clear and still Nia doesn't undestand and or isn't willing to...Or is too scared by the intensity 

And Ugh ..why is Rishi listening to such private conversations ..I mean comeon ..that was very creepy..I know he likes to observe but listening to such private conversation ???

The talking scene between Amber and Guneet he keeps asking ..aap kuch keh rahi thi ? He had expectations that maybe Guneet wanted to talk about them and yet Guneet wants to talk to Amber only about what her mothe should be told about the reason behind leaving Sharma house 

The whole scene between Guneet and Amber was very well done ... The small subtleties highlight their feelings and words needs not be spoken at all

Varun and Sweta are great actors and the rest is done by the lightening and music department ..

I can't say what I feel for Nia and Kabir ...I used to feel chemistry between Randeep and Nia and was rooting for Randeep ...but felt sorry for Kabir all the time while Randeep was in the picture 

Kabir knows what he wants ..he wants Nia in his life ..he wants her as his life partner and gets frustrated when Nia is not able to understand his feelings although today he couldn't be clearer.. but still Nia although feeling some thing wants to hold back..is it because she is scared to loose Kabir ( how is she scared that man laid his heart at her feet ) or about her friendship ...but somewhere the intensity with which Kabir loves her makes her step back ..she is not sure about what she wants 

I think and this is my guess that Nia and Kajal's company is still going on ...although what are they doing is something which is a mystery ..

I don't know if it bothers anyone but the tone of the show is very dhundala...I mean smoky..foggy type .. is it me ? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Amber is getting one signal from Guneet and that is NOT INTERESTED. 

so how is Amber supposed to take this forward ? It’s a dead end for him 

what I do hope to see is Amber call into the radio show and ask some advice ...lay bare what he feels ..maybe it can be a daily call where little by little he gets Guneet to warm up to him

I do hope Nia and Guneet conversation is a bit more positive this time around. I don’t expect them to fully patch up because after what was said they both need to time to rebuild their relationship. Also hoping that Nia slowly steps away from her dads life...it will be baby steps but hoping we see this

I’m not liking Rishi ...he is giving me weird vibes..his character development feels fake and he just sticks out from the entire cast ..I don’t get the point of this character

Kabir came on really strong with Nia... I would be pretty overwhelmed ...he basically told her she is the one for him. What I don’t get is why did this happen at the office ?? It felt a bit inappropriate tbh ...not as inappropriate as Rishi gawking at them👀

Yes I too have noticed that the show is filmed under dim lighting and even the characters aren’t properly lit. I feel this is due to covid. Have you noticed each episode shows people spraying the sets? Also the filming lights are showing as well. It seems like they are shooting with skeleton staff 

Praram thumbnail

[QUOTE=silvermoonlight]

Amber is getting one signal from Guneet and that is NOT INTERESTED. 

so how is Amber supposed to take this forward ? It’s a dead end for him 

Yes, Guneet is clearly indicating that she is not interested in taking this further. It's frustrating not to know anything about Guneet's thought processes, but hopefully that will change with the radio show/ Jhanvi.

Ultimately, Guneet also has to try and understand why AS delayed telling her that he was NDP. And also, that he DID tell her in the end, not that she found out by some accident. She has to try and understand that the delay was his fear of losing her, and was not  because he wanted to deceive her. 

We must remember also that when AS, first got to know that Guneet was BM, he had good reason to think that she hated AS- they had just had that confrontation when she tells him that she'd never want to be with someone like him even if he's the last man on earth. Should he have still told her- ideally yes, but these characters have human flaws, fears and warts, so he did not, - because he was afraid, not because he was bad.

So Guneet also has to try to figure out why AS did what he did, even if she cannot still forgive him.

I thought the radio show was going to be like an interview- dont know... but may be that will be an opportunity not only for viewers to understand all that she's thinking, but also perhaps for herself to examine her own feelings and that of AS too.

Bana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Ultimately, Guneet also has to try and understand why AS delayed telling her that he was NDP. And also, that he DID tell her in the end, not that she found out by some accident. She has to try and understand that the delay was his fear of losing her, and was not  because he wanted to deceive her. 

We must remember also that when AS, first got to know that Guneet was BM, he had good reason to think that she hated AS- they had just had that confrontation when she tells him that she'd never want to be with someone like him even if he's the last man on earth. Should he have still told her- ideally yes, but these characters have human flaws, fears and warts, so he did not, - because he was afraid, not because he was bad.

@ Italics by Praram

I am glad u brought up this point - I have been thinking for a while that Guneet is a tad overreacting but didnt like to say so due to the outpouring of sympathy for her in the forum! I can understand her initial shock, hurt & anger. But upon reflection she shd remember how she herself scared Ambar off by saying negative things for NDP. So keeping that in mind & the fact that AS was changing so much & becoming more like NDP while not disclosing it, she shd realise that he had no motive to deceive, only to avoid losing her or facing her hatred.

I hope the radio show will help her realise that.

Bana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

And oh, I find this Rishi positively creepy. Staying on to listen in on a convo thats obviously intimate, when he cld easily hv moved away, is ungentlemanly & interfering & creepy - it is not observation it is eavesdropping.

I get that he likes to observe people but actually I think he likes to find out their secrets coz that kind of insight is power.

I also did not like the way he moved in so close to Niya, startling her, when he told her that her innocent face was her advantage. A gentleman wld hv said this from his place w/o getting uncomfortably close to a lady he barely knows. 

Edited by Bana - 3 years ago
silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I think initially it may start off as an interview bit maybe turn into a more regular segment due to response 

I don’t see the point of the RJ showing up for one or two episodes and then disappearing. Surely Guneet can’t sum up her entire life in one episode ...as a viewer I would feel cheated

Plus I want Guneet to have some friends ...social circle of women she can confide in

Getting tired of this lonely Guneet, being angry and hostile. I want to see Guneet with her sweet warm smile and personality.

why the CV made Guneet so anti social ? She is either working, getting groceries, giving angry looks to AS or listening to her moms taunts...tired of this because I feel it’s limiting the character development and acting skills of ST

Edited by silvermoonlight - 3 years ago
atikna thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bana

@ Italics by Praram

I am glad u brought up this point - I have been thinking for a while that Guneet is a tad overreacting but didnt like to say so due to the outpouring of sympathy for her in the forum! I can understand her initial shock, hurt & anger. But upon reflection she shd remember how she herself scared Ambar off by saying negative things for NDP. So keeping that in mind & the fact that AS was changing so much & becoming more like NDP while not disclosing it, she shd realise that he had no motive to deceive, only to avoid losing her or facing her hatred.

I hope the radio show will help her realise that.

Guneet had said during the fight that she understood when NDP stood her up on the first date ..she could understand that he was scared but what felt like betrayal for her was that Amber saw her suffering later ..and still didn't own up 

I think if Guneet gives Amber a chance and they are left alone ...I mean no one barging in ..then I think Amber can atleast try and tell her what was stopping him from telling her that he is NDP

The thing here again is apart from that fight we don't actually know how hard Guneet is taking this whole NDP is Amber scene ...we don't know what she is actually feeling ..I hope the radio show is a way to know what she feels and that Amber listens it too 

We know and hear Amber's thought process. Again today when they were alone all we could hear was Amber 's thought but what about Guneet ...what was she thinking when she took that cup of tea ?  

So until and unless Amber realises what Guneet feels and underwent when NDP kinda ditched her ..how will he make it up to her ? 

The show is trying so hard to be not melodramatic ...I know lot of production houses would have turned this scenario into dhoom tanaas and what not . But here not getting any insight into Guneet's feeling is making the show unbalanced 

I don't know and can't say if Guneet is over reacting or not ..but atleast we should also know her point of view ...yeh toh jyada hi ho gaya ki thoughts bhi Amber ke hi sunayi denge ...Guneet ke nahi ? The way they were locked in office ..wouldn't Guneet have some thoughts too ? 

atikna thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bana

And oh, I find this Rishi positively creepy. Staying on to listen in on a convo thats obviously intimate, when he cld easily hv moved away, is ungentlemanly & interfering & creepy - it is not observation it is eavesdropping.

I get that he likes to observe people but actually I think he likes to find out their secrets coz that kind of insight is power.

I also did not like the way he moved in so close to Niya, startling her, when he told her that her innocent face was her advantage. A gentleman wld hv said this from his place w/o getting uncomfortably close to a lady he barely knows. 

This whole scene made me very uncomfortable ...him watching and raising his eyebrows and alll...I was like man get a life ...stopp listening to other people's conversation and also stop using that conversation to get an insight into them ?? What the hell was that ? 

Yeh samaj nahi aata ..ki jo naya character aata hai show mein woh Nia ke piche lattu kyun ho jata hai...and by this sentence  I am assuming Rishi to be a love interest to Nia in future 

coolniki thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Personally I don't want Guneet and Amber's relationship to move forward before Amber and Niya sort out their relationship and decide on not crossing boundaries in ech others life. Amber needs to sort is life and head before he even thinks of Guneet because if he takes a step forward then his daughter will take two steps back and you can't have any relationship that way. Guneet has never been shown as a social butterfly who has many friends. The RJ thing is going to be the thing which will help her vent out (since we don't have Randeep).

I like Rishi he is very observant and reads body language well. I don't think he heard Niya and Kabir's conversation he just observed them. Had he been able to hear the conversation then I think the whole office could hear it since the door was closed I don't think anyone heard it. Yes he does get close to Niya sometimes when talking but if Niya herself is not feeling awkward with him being in her personal space then I don't think it should be an issue because had Niya been uncomfortable then we could have seen it on her face, body language.

Kabir deserves so much more than Niya. He is a gem of a person who is clear in what he wants in life and Niya is just not dependable in this as she has no idea who she is or what she wants. 

ShinyMishka thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolniki

Personally I don't want Guneet and Amber's relationship to move forward before Amber and Niya sort out their relationship and decide on not crossing boundaries in ech others life. Amber needs to sort is life and head before he even thinks of Guneet because if he takes a step forward then his daughter will take two steps back and you can't have any relationship that way. Guneet has never been shown as a social butterfly who has many friends. The RJ thing is going to be the thing which will help her vent out (since we don't have Randeep).

I like Rishi he is very observant and reads body language well. I don't think he heard Niya and Kabir's conversation he just observed them. Had he been able to hear the conversation then I think the whole office could hear it since the door was closed I don't think anyone heard it. Yes he does get close to Niya sometimes when talking but if Niya herself is not feeling awkward with him being in her personal space then I don't think it should be an issue because had Niya been uncomfortable then we could have seen it on her face, body language.

Kabir deserves so much more than Niya. He is a gem of a person who is clear in what he wants in life and Niya is just not dependable in this as she has no idea who she is or what she wants. 

I quite agree with you on everything. Neither Ambar or Niya is ready for a real relationship. Ambar needs to sort out his emotional issues because Guneet isn't the type of person to simply tolerate that. Niya needs to develop some maturity. She still has the mindset of a teenager when it comes to love and relationships, just flirting a little here and there, nothing serious. And of course, Ambar and Niya need to work out their relationship with each other and understand the line between protecting and controlling. Niya also considers Guneet a "dushman". (Really Niya? Dramatic much?) Even if Niya stopped hating Guneet, she only regards her to be her dad's potential "dulhan". She needs to consider that Guneet will be her stepmom also, and that their relationship will be different than before. Just love isn't enough, a person should also feel respected in a relationship and the father-daughter duo have displayed very little concern for other people's feelings, while Guneet is very empathetic. I don't want her to be the giver in the relationship, while the other two only take. 

Rishi does come off as a little creepy to a viewer, but in the universe of the show no one is wary of him (except for the ever suspicious Ambar). Doesn't seem like Niya is bothered by him commenting on her personal life. Like you said, if Niya was uncomfortable with him being in her personal space we would have seen it in her body language. Right now I'm still confused if he's intended to be her love interest, or just her mentor or what. 

I've said it many times before. Kabir can do so much better than Niya. It doesn't have to be Swara, but Kabir shouldn't have much of a problem finding a life partner. I'm sure there would be a line of girls willing to commit to a guy like him. If only he can look past Niya. He needs to evaluate his self-worth and realize he's chasing after someone who's always been flippant about his feelings. She's not even a good friend (still harping on about Kabir "betraying" her and whatnot, like he did anything wrong). He needs someone with the same level of maturity and assuredness.