Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Is the vitriolic attack against Rhea Chakraborty fair?

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 3 years ago

Who will take the blame if she takes the extreme step in the wake of the current harassment? 

I can't even imagine her DMs right now. She has been an object of constant hate for the last one and a half months. Now with Sushant's father's complaint seeking investigation be made on Rhea, of course the internet has jumped to conclusions that she is the culprit.

But let me play devil's advocate here:

1. As a family, you always blame the outsider if something happens to your kid, whether or not they did anything wrong.
  2. Families in India generally never like their kids' boyfriends or girlfriends. We do not live in America where they are seen as family even before marriage
  3. Sushant hardly shared anything with the family, whether it is details of his financial dealings or his personal life. That shows that he was hardly connected to his own family
  4. His father in his complaint says things like why Sushant stopped getting movies, which is in contrast with what directors have been saying on record, that he had signed films that were delayed due to the lockdown, and there was a pile of scripts in his house. This again shows that Sushant probably did not share much with his family.
  5. If Sushant felt cheated by Rhea, I am sure he would have at least written a note or confided in someone before taking the extreme step. He did not do anything of that sort.
  6. Now that is not to say that Rhea did not do anything wrong. She may or may not have. Investigation is anyway underway, I am sure it would come to the fore soon. After all, if crores of rupees have been swindled, they will easily have a digital trail which can be traced to Rhea, if she is indeed the culprit. But who will provide the protection to Rhea till then? Her career is pretty much done. She was an upcoming actress. Now she has no future.

So in the wake of harassment, bullying, her own personal loss of a boyfriend, professional career taking a hit, who will take the blame if she takes the drastic step?

I just DMed her on Insta saying a few comforting words, just to keep a ray of positivity going. Just to tell her that we believe she is innocent and has our sympathies. I at least hope that will make some difference to her.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

We need the see the evidence first 

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Agree that people have lost all civility / humanity.

You don't even know if she is guilty / not. 

"Innocent till proven guilty" though people seem to be practicing the exact opposite.

Also, the very people advocating that Sushant was bullied and ostracized are doing the same to another, or even worse.

I seriously feel that we're regressing as a society, rather than progressing.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: BinKuchKahe.

Also, the very people advocating that Sushant was bullied and ostracized 

The bullying point is moot now

Cause if this girl was gonna take his money and his life than the alleged bullying didnt play any factor 

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

The bullying point is moot now

Cause if this girl was gonna take his money and his life than the alleged bullying didnt play any factor 

No, it is not moot. Because it has yet to be proven. And proving something requires substantial evidence that can allow one to draw a connection with the case being presented at hand.

Also, like I said in another post, the truth has gone with Sushant. It is now about who presents their versions best [that is in a way palatable to the party deciding the verdict].

So far, nothing has been proven because of so many people coming up with fake evidences / heresay story-telling etc which has made this process more messy and less credible.

Edited by BinKuchKahe. - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: BinKuchKahe.

No, it is not moot. Because it has yet to be proven. And proving something requires substantial evidence that can allow one to draw a connection with the case being presented at hand.

Also, like I said in another post, the truth has gone with Sushant. It is now about who presents their versions best [that is in a way palatable to the party deciding the verdict].

OH I assumed the girl was already set to goto the gallows. Open and shut ⭐️

buttercups2020 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

She will be fine don't worry. 

People who are indeed proven guilty both morally and lawfully , are roaming free , bagging awards and running charities with media around. 

Chill.

MOTHERHOOD thumbnail

Sushant's family adored Ankita. His sister is still following her on FB. So I can't say that his family is some typical jealous type family who find fault in everything their son's girlfriend or partner do. Rhea is shady. She needs to be investigated.

Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Obviously, people's trolling is not  right but as a family, why should they not take a step if  they find something fishy, they have lost their son, and as a family, they just took step what they felt was right. 

Edited by Renee.Clare - 3 years ago
Empyreanism thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

But let me play devil's advocate here:

1. As a family, you always blame the outsider if something happens to your kid, whether or not they did anything wrong.
  2. Families in India generally never like their kids' boyfriends or girlfriends. We do not live in America where they are seen as family even before marriage
  3. Sushant hardly shared anything with the family, whether it is details of his financial dealings or his personal life. That shows that he was hardly connected to his own family
  4. His father in his complaint says things like why Sushant stopped getting movies, which is in contrast with what directors have been saying on record, that he had signed films that were delayed due to the lockdown, and there was a pile of scripts in his house. This again shows that Sushant probably did not share much with his family.
  5. If Sushant felt cheated by Rhea, I am sure he would have at least written a note or confided in someone before taking the extreme step. He did not do anything of that sort.
  6. Now that is not to say that Rhea did not do anything wrong. She may or may not have. Investigation is anyway underway, I am sure it would come to the fore soon. After all, if crores of rupees have been swindled, they will easily have a digital trail which can be traced to Rhea, if she is indeed the culprit. But who will provide the protection to Rhea till then? Her career is pretty much done. She was an upcoming actress. Now she has no future.

Quickly addressing the bolded points.

2. His family loved and still love Ankita. So it doesn't hold here.

3. We don't need to share everything to our family to be connected to them. Maybe SSR did not want to burden his family with his personal issues.

5. Maybe because it was not even a suicide to begin with. Obviously no suicide letter would be found.