Govinda speaking about giving a platform to showcase talent

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

I don't know who added the sad Background music of a popular Tamil song in this but Govinda who was at the peak at one point, was suddenly shunned. I remember his movie with Big B, bade Miyan chore Miyan, then his movie with Akshay then that's it

https://twitter.com/i/status/1275434177698000896

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Isn't it more that his style of hero and film went out of fashion?   Those who adapted like the Khans lasted.

Just as when Amitabh Bachchan and his kind of heroes /films replaced Rajesh Khanna who was a massive star.

I do wonder why India hasn't built more theaters/screens which would allow for far more diversity and competition.  

As of 2018 only 30% of the population had access to a theater but it looks like there's no push to invest in new ones and they've just ceded a massive part of the audience to TV and Streaming.   Even in the larger cities there aren't enough to meet demand when a big film opens so that all smaller films get squeezed out and even the big films have their screens slashed for the next film and legs are cut off.  As it stands if a theater has to choose between a possible 90-100% occupancy and 30-40% it's a no brainier which film they'll choose.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Talis

Isn't it more that his style of hero and film went out of fashion?   Those who adapted like the Khans lasted.

No now any down period any actor faced can be sabotage 

Salman was sabotaged 2000-2009 (that’s why he gave less hits than srk or Aamir or Hrithik or alshay) 

😆😆

For what reason he spent most of 2002 in police station ? Sabotage ❤️ 

Ennuyi thumbnail

Why no one is casting his son, not even kjo..poor guy has been preparing for years.. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Didn't he fall out with Salman as Salman was delaying the launch of his daughter?😆

Anyways, not every actor who fails or witnesses a downward trend is a victim of sabotage.. sometimes, things don't workout. Sometimes, audience moves on.. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

Anyways, not every actor who fails or witnesses a downward trend is a victim of sabotage.. sometimes, things don't workout. Sometimes, audience moves on.. 

Yes they are

Sabotage to the right

Sabotage to the left ❤️ 

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Talis

Varun dhawan is remaking his movie, I dont think HIS style of film is out of fashion, i think HE is out of fashio

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

No now any down period any actor faced can be sabotage 

Salman was sabotaged 2000-2009 (that’s why he gave less hits than srk or Aamir or Hrithik or alshay) 

😆😆

For what reason he spent most of 2002 in police station ? Sabotage ❤️ 

SRK has flopped badly since 2008 only except one or two films here and there and is trying hard to become a hit. I think his time is over actually of being super star from a decade only. Hes living off his old movie charm in audience mind.  Chennai express ran on deepikas shoulders not SRKs same for her debut movie everyone went to see the new heroine more than SRK. SRK time is over on top or in movies only no matter which movie he does. Hes aged badly its tough to watch him act romantic look like 60 year old against a 20 something heroine. 

Salman actually was flop from 1999 to 2007 or so till wanted came and one or two here there hits in between. Than he caught hold of a formula to remake south movies and became success. But still his movies mostly are mostly pathetic not fit to view in TV again and again except one or two here/there. I feel most of salmans movie gross is exaggerated. Anyways hes catering to masses and getting many 100 crores. I feel Salman also will last another 3-4 years. Salman was not saotaged he was doing 2 films every year and no one was stopping him from releasing his movies. Also he has so many criminal cases yet press has been kind to him always. He must thank press for making him saint by writing stuff like he gave 10k to chat guy for one plate or he gave charity to blind etc. All stars do that but Salman started being human to improve his image in world and save him from criminal cases. It started after he ran his car over 4 and ran off and put blame on others. May be some one only gave him this being human idea to clear his image. 

amir who was basically just another star till lagan and dil chahta hai came and he became mature to choose good scripts and do a fim a year fine he changed his script selection and projected himself as thinking mans hero. Amir will graduate to charcater roles like Amitji eventually 

Akshay was the second clever one with amir. He suddely changed his image to a national hero or paatriotic movies and social messages (sunny deol had left that space open after he stopped working or getting flops and akshay jumped to take that place). Movies like jolly LLB (like damini rip off) cemented his place. Akshay can last 5-7 years more as hes most fit among all