Hollywood Movies & Stars

Who do you think should be the next Bond?

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Daniel Craig is reportedly on his way out with 'No time to die' being his last movie as 007.

Who do you think should replace him?

I know there are a lot of speculations including having a Black Bond (Idris Elba is a frontrunner) and even Lashana Lynch as the first woman Bond.

Although by no means my favorite franchise (the last Bond movie I watched was 'Goldeneye'), my vote goes to this guy...

Though it may be a stretch to have the same guy play Superman and Bond, 2 iconic characters, I think Henry embodies all that Bond is meant to be...

Who is your favorite candidate?

Edited by LizzieBennett - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Visited HW forum thread accidentally, don’t know what I clicked but am glad I did :)

Your choice seems to be good, only seen his pics but he seems dashing 

My choice would be Black bond. ( There’s huge opposition for that from HW itself - they’re showing their true colors )

Woman Bond - No-No

If they want a female agent, why don’t they create a new character and a series?

LizzieBennet thumbnail

True that! If they want a woman Bond they can just create a new character! A Black Bond might work if they get someone charismatic enough. Idris Elba might just work, but Hollywood cannot think beyond its racist, sexist tropes. For that matter, a gay Bond would be just delicious!

The last Bond I enjoyed was Pierce Brosnan, I just couldn't swallow Daniel Craig at all, and I tried. Right now, they will have to really sell me on anyone other than Henry Cavill as Bond, the man seems to be born to play that role!

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Bradley Cooper. He's famous /good looking enough  and now has a Dad bod that says 'not too young to play Bond'. 

Or yes a woman. (Please ..not Priyanka Chopra..Indians wouldnt stop foaming in the mouth over that forever about how 'proud' she makes us )

TrollikaDevi thumbnail

This might make me sound way older than I am but Pierce Brosnan was hot. 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: TrollikaDevi

I agree!

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Bradley Cooper. He's famous /good looking enough  and now has a Dad bod that says 'not too young to play Bond'. 

Or yes a woman. (Please ..not Priyanka Chopra..Indians wouldnt stop foaming in the mouth over that forever about how 'proud' she makes us )

Bradley Cooper seems to have all the right physical attributes, but he's American and I don't think an American has ever played Bond. But then if an American can play Sherlock (RDJ) convincingly, why not Bond? That said, with so many talented British actors as options, I doubt if he will be seriously considered.

I'm still rooting for Henry Cavill, but he got too buff for The Witcher. 🤔

Edited by LizzieBennett - 3 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I can beat that! This might make me a great grandma buy I vote for Timothy Dalton

And even young girls (late 20s to early 30s, which might not be young in this forum 😆) used to drool over the over-70 Sean Connery

Timothy was not a popular bond, his performance was close to Ian Fleming’s characterization... But In recent times he has gained more fans and his natural approach is much appreciated...

And no one appreciates it more than me 😉 

Edited by BettyA1 - 3 years ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: BettyA1

And even young girls (late 20s to early 30s, which might not be young in this forum 😆) used to drool over the over-70 Sean Connery

I will take Sean Connery any day. He was THE Bond for me!

TrollikaDevi thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: BettyA1

I can beat that! This might make me a great grandma buy I vote for Timothy Dalton

Timothy was not a popular bond, his performance was close to Ian Fleming’s characterization... But In recent times he has gained more fans and his natural approach is much appreciated...

And no one appreciates it more than me 😉 

Haha. Yeah