Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anam... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: xbeyondwordsx

Hey Anam 🤗

Loving the thread! I’m definitely in. I am so stuck in one genre reading (Romance)that this will be so helpful in venturing out different genres. 

Shreya - I love Next Chapter ☺️

Welcome to the book club 🤗 Do share your real name as well, if you don’t mind. 
Hopefully we will all diversify and read different genres through this book club. 

Anam... thumbnail

Originally posted by: GrimReaper

Im in. I love all the names that Shreya has come up with. Maybe we can have a poll to choose the name. 

Suggestions for August:

Genre-Contemporary fiction

Books:

1. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman

2.  Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo

Welcome to the book club GrimReaper 🤗 Hope you like it here. 
These two books have been on my mind ever since I thought of the book club. Great picks, these 2 will definitely be a part of the book club in the coming months. 

A Man Called Ove is a great book and I’m looking forward to us reading this book and some more books by Backman in the coming months.  

Anam... thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mayashika

Hello again. I think we can concentrate on single genre every month and we can start with Contemporary and the next month Mystery/Thriller and so on. Also, we can have a poll on the book club names or just simply decide as we are just a few right now.

As @GrimReaper suggested, I would love to read any Fredrick Backman's works or the newest Elizabeth Acevedo's Clap When You Land. I honestly don't read much in this genre so any pick is fine with me. 😃

Hey Shreya! That’s what I thought as well. We have 11 genres so we can cover 1 genre each month and repeat a genre, mostly thriller or YA since I guess that’s a genre we can’t get enough of. 

We will finalise the name a day before we officially kick start our book club. Let’s see if more members join in so that we can take their choice into account as well.  

23Diya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Congratulations everyone for having this book club.⭐️ 

I loved the thread introduction...so neat and beautiful. 

And the names suggested by Shreya are all good. I like Fantastic Books and Where to Find Them (HP fan here😆) and Next Chapter the most.

Some of my own suggestions would be Book Hunters, The Next Book Date/The Book Dating Club, A Novel Bunch and A Peace of Mind.

P.S. Anam, will you please add my name to the members' list?

Anam... thumbnail

Originally posted by: 23Diya

And the names suggested by Shreya are all good. I like Fantastic Books and Where to Find Them (HP fan here😆) and Next Chapter the most.

Some of my own suggestions would be Book Hunters, The Next Book Date/The Book Dating Club, A Novel Bunch and A Peace of Mind.

Welcome to the book club 🤗Hope you have a good time here. 

Thank you for the compliments. I like the names you’ve suggested as well. We will see if anyone else comes up with more names otherwise we will have a poll based on the names you and Shreya have come up with. We will finalise a name on the 30th or 31st. 

I’ve added your name. 

PehliDafaHai thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anam...

Hey Shreya! That’s what I thought as well. We have 11 genres so we can cover 1 genre each month and repeat a genre, mostly thriller or YA since I guess that’s a genre we can’t get enough of. 

We will finalise the name a day before we officially kick start our book club. Let’s see if more members join in so that we can take their choice into account as well.  

Yes, you are right. We can repeat the genres which are the most popular among us. 😃

PehliDafaHai thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 23Diya

The Next Book Date sounds amazing! 

23Diya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Welcome to the book club 🤗Hope you have a good time here. 

Thanks Anam. I'm sure I'll have a good time.

Thank you for the compliments. I like the names you’ve suggested as well. We will see if anyone else comes up with more names otherwise we will have a poll based on the names you and Shreya have come up with. We will finalise a name on the 30th or 31st. 

I've never looked forward to the end of the month with such excitement. 😆 I love book club talks.

I’ve added your name. 

Thankssmiley1

Edited by 23Diya - 3 years ago
aryapdane thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hello Anam

My name's Aparna. I'd love to be a part of this book club so please add me. I love reading. Although lately, I've started leaving my books incomplete. I badly want to get out of this habit. I love the fantasy genre but I'd love to expand my horizons. Looking forward to reading great books with you all.. 

I love the title Fantastic books and where to find them 😅

xbeyondwordsx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Welcome to the book club 🤗 Do share your real name as well, if you don’t mind. 
Hopefully we will all diversify and read different genres through this book club. 

Should have mentioned my name in the introduction 🤣 I’m Zoah :)