Web Series

Anyone saw Indian matchmaking on netflix - Page 5

Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

This content was originally posted by: anna143

akshays mom is so problematic and whats more sad is that her group of friends agreed with her dictatorship mentality. If i had a mom like that I wouldn’t be mum like Akshay. Unfortunately moms like that do exist and surprisingly most of them are moms with no daughters hence the lack of sensibility. 

believe me having a daughter doesn’t Necessarily change anything....it might but it might not as well...This mentality is like a cancer in India. N hypocrisy always rules. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: Pr1yanka

true that. They ended up cancelling the engagement citiNg finding things about radhika/family. I say radhika should take a sigh of relief she was saved. But how shitty of them right...doing engagement on international show n then calling it off. 

Akshay family is a gone case but I was shocked to see Radhika being educated and a working woman behaving all smitten and giggling and not having any meaningful conversation ?!?!  , I mean she didn’t get a hint from the beginning As well specially from his mom’s talks  ?? May be not but anyways dur aaye durust aaye....

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: Pr1yanka

apparently none of the “matches” she made ended up getting married...the only person who had an engagement broke it off...rest are also not together..this is painfully hilarious...all those prospective clients should be informed.

hopefully prospective clients will get a hint 😆

Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

This content was originally posted by: Nishita123

Akshay family is a gone case but I was shocked to see Radhika being educated and a working woman behaving all smitten and giggling and not having any meaningful conversation ?!?!  , I mean she didn’t get a hint from the beginning As well specially from his mom’s talks  ?? May be not but anyways dur aaye durust aaye....

When radhika said, it seems to me he is caring...I was like girl...wake up n smell the coffee...this guy is not grown up enough to even understand the concept of marriage...in the meanwhile akshays mom is making a timetable for when the elder brother needs to have a baby and what time frame that will be from younger sons wedding...I was like someone shake this woman...

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I didn't, but I saw this on youtube the other day. His reactions are hysterical🤣

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-9XpJJcQOA

DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Truth about arranged marriage is even more dire and super crine worthy in India, especially in the rural side . 

The web series Panchayet also showed some aspects of an arranged marriage in rural India. Super cringe.

MaxMayfield thumbnail

I dint really find Sima problematic.  She was just doing her job and in all honesty, besides Srini - who was a great great guy, but not the right guy for Aparna and vice and versa, mostly she got good matches basis the preferences of her clients..

Infact I dint even find the show hateworthy or anything..it is how it is..this is exactly how the arranged marriages happen in India..infact it has atleast become better in the sense that two individuals meet, somewhat date and decide if they want to take it forward..rather than how it was earlier, where parents called the shot and two strangers got married to each other.

and people like Akshay's mom EXIST and in plenty.  Loved Nadia and even Aparna - lol she was like this unintentional hero of the show - "I am what I am, take it or leave it"

Sutapasima thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Sharpener

Sadly, this is the reality of our community. It's so pathetic. 

Really pathetic 

I disliked the series ..but my cousins had animated discussion son every scene . 
Now all this makes me wary of marriage .. 

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Its scripted and supposed to be satire. Ironically since we live in a society so messed up in terms of arranged marriage etc its hard to tell of its real or not.  Anyway its funny . 

The real matrimonial ads can be way worse. 

Like " Handsome 53 man of 4 ft and 150 kgs with some mild baldness seeks beautiful bride under 24. Should be a fair skinned virgin . Preferably with a PhD and a Nobel Prize. Oh and one more thing. Should cook well and not leave the house without permission "  

" Impotent young man ,Harvard Educated ,who owns his own business seeks bride from fair skinned wealthy family in South Delhi. Girl should have a foreign degree and be ready to be a stay at home mother. Divorcees /SC / FacebookUsers need not apply. Dowry negotiable but dont bargain too much "

"Brothel owner seeks fair skinned upper caste bride . Girl should not wear jeans or eat pasta. "

Edited by TrollikaDevi - 3 years ago