SSR's response on stereotyping of TV actors

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

He was asked to do a dramatic impression of TV saas and he could have easily went ahead with the joke and mocked TV actors by doing a stereotypical impression but instead he praised TV actors for their hard work. 

https://youtu.be/J2GTvrFZLeQ

Watch from 1:57

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Loved his answer. I had not seen this before. He has spoken so many times about TV being the biggest visual medium in India and he doesn't understand why TV actors are looked down upon. 

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

The more I watch his videos the smaller I look . I mean this guy stood up for Women Empowerment, invested in innovation, helped kids get to NASA, silently helped a state, helped innumerable people etc .

It hurts to watch his videos and learn about his side of  the story only after his demise. 😭

In HW there is no TV or Movie actors. I don’t understand why working on TV is looked down upon. We grew up watching TV and most movies were promoted on TV before all the SM. 

TakingAStand2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Love his response and of course he is right! Actors who perform on TV are so hardworking, they work a lot to give 30 mins of content catering to a wide diaspora of audience. 12 hr workdays day’s, filming thru illness, family/ life issues, even now, TV actors have resumed  shooting during COVID, it’s definitely nothing to look down upon as something beneath you. 

also, your capabilities withstanding, TV is a lucrative business. Even supporting cast can make decent money working couple of serials. 

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Heera tha heera. Kohinoor. ❤️

We've lost not just a star but also a great human.

Forgive me as I get sidetracked:

What pisses me everyday is they chose to target HIM of all people! 🤬

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Loved his response! ❤️

Any day, TV has wider reach in comparison to movies as most ppl all over the world watch tv and watch movies in theaters on weekends. 

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Wow amazing he gave respect to tv actors. I watched an interview where his political views matched mine and that is what’s unique about this guy sush so passionate about his work, did so many great things for the people. You can relate to a guy like him who started from nothing and then ended up there. I’ll start supporting Naveen in tribute to sushant. 

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Wow. He was so much like his character in Kedernath and Kai Po Che.

Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

There should be a love button for this video. 

This guy is pure ❤️.

Soanz.19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

This guy💔💔💔such a dignified response. The world has lost a gem too early. Hopefully, he's in a better place now with his Mother.

Why do we degrade someone and put them into categories. It takes a lot of effort to work for that many hours a day and consistently churn out 30 minute episodes on a daily basis. Don't know why TV actors are looked down upon. Besides, if you want to bash something, bash the writing which is bad. Actors just act out what is given to them.