Vidya balan on Sushant’s death: "Just let him rest in peace"

Posted: 3 years ago

Vidya Balan says ‘let Sushant Singh Rajput really rest in peace, no one can be blamed if someone decides to take their life’

Actor Vidya Balan has said that nobody can be blamed if a person decides to take their own life, and that people should really let Sushant Singh Rajput rest in peace as speculation is unfair to him and his loved ones.

bollywood Updated: Jul 21, 2020 16:30 IST HT Entertainment Desk

HT Entertainment Desk

Hindustan Times

Vidya Balan has said that Sushant Singh Rajput should be left in peace. Vidya Balan has said that Sushant Singh Rajput should be left in peace.    

Actor Vidya Balan, who will soon be seen in the upcoming film Shakuntala Devi, has said that speculating about why actor Sushant Singh Rajput took his life is unfair to him and his loved ones. Sushant died by suicide on June 14, at the age of 34. A debate around the treatment of outsiders in the film industry has been ignited in the aftermath of his demise.

“With Sushant Singh Rajput passing away, people who felt wronged, ignored, there was a sense of identification with him,” Vidya told CinemaExpress in an interview, attributing the outrage, in part, to the nationwide coronavirus lockdown. “Now the point is rightly or wrongly we do not know, because we do not know why he took the step he did. To show respect is to keep quiet. To speculate is... people can come up with all sorts of theories and that’s unfair to him more than anyone else, and his loved ones, who’re probably grieving.”

She continued, “I’ve been through ups and downs and I’ve had all sorts of experiences in the industry. I am not saying nepotism does not exist, but I didn’t let that stand in my way. That said, everyone is different. It’s a tumultuous time and it really helps to talk to someone.”

She said that the world is going through a tumultuous time and that perhaps now is the time that a ‘power structure’ is facing a reckoning. “But no one can be blamed if someone decides to take their own life,” she said. “Let him really rest in peace.”

On Tuesday, filmmaker Anurag Kashyap had a heated Twitter exchange with actor Ranvir Shorey about the ‘insider-outsider’ debate, shortly after Kashyap reacted to actor Kangana Ranaut’s controversial interview, in which she blamed several people for driving Sushant to suicide.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

To show respect is to keep quiet? What kind of a bs statement is that 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

No one killed Jessica? Right Vidya? We should have just let her rest in peace. The same way we should accept this verdict on the spot investigation. 

30 Quotes By Famous People That Might Inspire You To Change The ...

Edited by grumpydwarf - 3 years ago
Fallen-Embers thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Exactly. I've read the words "abetment to suicide" on this forum. 

Tad bit over excited, aren't we? 

Edited by ChinChinChooo - 3 years ago
Saralicious7 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Very calculated statement from Vidya. 👎🏼

To show respect, this case should be throughly investigated from all aspects so decreased gets justice and can rest in peace.

Edited by sarasingh7 - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: ChinChinChooo

Exactly. I've read the words "abetment to suicide" on this forum. 

That does exist. But its certainly not "producer refusing to cast someone" 😆

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

No one killed Jessica? Right Vidya? We should have just let her rest in peace. 

A glaring difference.. in that case, there was a clear culprit who was getting away due to his power.. there was no speculation

In this case, there is nothing but speculation

I don't say fighting against nepotism or power play is wrong.. blaming nepotism and power play for Sushant not getting his due is valid too

But blaming people for his suicide is where a lot of keyboard warriors are going wrong

Truth is, depression can be caused by anything.. maybe in case of Sushant, it was professional issue, blinds, meToo or perhaps it was something entirely different.. no one can find out.. it's valid and completely fair to want the industry to have a change but completely wrong to continue dragging Sushant's suicide to prove a point

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

And I agree that speculations about his suicide is only makings tougher for his family more than anyone else

Fight against nepotism.. fight against power play.. but stop dragging his suicide and attributing them to his death.. stop using his death to prove a point.. 

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

No one killed Jessica? Right Vidya? We should have just let her rest in peace. 

There was a gun

A murderer

A live murder

300 witnesses

Vs 

A suicide.

YOU HAVE COMPLETELY LOST THE PLOT!

Edited by Khai_R_Haagi - 3 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Khai_R_Haagi

There was a gun

A murderer

A live murder

300 witnesses

Vs 

A suicide.

YOU HAVE COMPLETELY LOST THE PLOT!

Witnesses that all said different things in the initial ruling. And in Sushant's case the lovely police ruled verdict of suicide on the spot.