Alisha Chinai Was Paid Only Rs 15,000 For Iconic ‘Kajra Re’,

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

Remember the time when one could not go about the day's work without listening to atleast one song by Alisha Chinai? Well, it is not the case anymore as you must have noticed. And as it turns out, her disappearance from the music scene has a lot to do with copyright laws.

The song went on to become an anthem, but Alisha was paid only a paltry sum of Rs 15,000, she alleges. "I was shocked when I received a cheque of only Rs 15,000 from YRF. I gave it back, but they sent it to me again." "I was aghast when I learnt that YRF was acquiring a royalty on my song whenever I sang it abroad

"Several singers in our country have been whining that we should take a collective call and demand royalty, which is how it works in Hollywood. But after these meetings all go back to the grind. However, I have decided that 'enough is enough' and I want Indians also to share my sentiments. Imagine Julia Roberts lip-syncing to Madonna. Will that happen? Or Tom Cruise to Jai Ho? No, na?" says Alisha Chinai, as reported by Times of India .

She is right about that. Tom Cruise lip-syncing to Jai Ho would be an absolute nightmare.