Hrithik Roshan Ditched KWK coz Kjo Didn’t want Yami On the Show

Posted: 3 years ago

When Hrithik Roshan ditched Karan Johar's Koffee With Karan for Yami Gautam; Read DetailsBack in 2017, Karan Johar was keen on inviting Hrithik Roshan on Koffee With Karan but all plans fell through. Read on to know why. 

Written By Pinkvilla Desk   436138 reads   Mumbai  Updated: April 21, 2020 03:38 am

Karan Johar's rather famous chat show Koffee With Karan makes massive noise every time a season begins airing. From young stars to veteran Bollywood actor, the show is known for its controversies and fiery answers given by the guests. The chat show, which began in 2004, has successfully completed six seasons. Back in 2017, for season 5, Karan invited notable guests like Salman KhanAkshay Kumar, Twinkle Khanna, Shah Rukh KhanAlia Bhatt, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Sonam KapoorArjun Kapoorand Varun Dhawan among others.   

However, the host wanted to invite one more superstar but all plans fell through. Turns out, Karan was extremely keen on having Hrithik Roshan grace the couch. In 2017, Hrithik was starring in a film titled Kaabil alongside Yami Gautam. Karan had proposed the idea of having Hrithik on the show and in turn also promoting Kaabil. 

However, Hrithik was of the opinion that he would only appear on the show with Yami Gautam. But according to Karan, the 'Uri' actress didn't quite make the cut to be a guest on his show. Hrithik, too, was not in the mood to step down and insisted that he will only make an appearance with Yami. Feeling a bit snubbed by Hrithik, Karan eventually dropped the idea of getting Hrithik on board and the actor eventually did not appear on Koffee With Karan season 5. 

The year 2019 was great for Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam at the box office. The stars were part of blockbuster films such as War and Uri: The Surgical Strike respectively.  

Posting this because I wasn’t aware of this. 

And Ananya made the cut even before her movie released? Sure...

3 years later and she isnt more famous than she was 😆

Yami is way more beautiful than Aloo and a fantastic actress! Mediocrity threatened by genuine star potential!

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Where have you been she has had Bala and Uri ? If it got Vicky Kaushal the national award it def got Yami more recognition. 

Karan Johar is a man of astounding double standards. Ananya and Tara make it even before their first movies released and Yami is not qualified to come on his show? He is truly someone who deserves all flak coming his way.

Originally posted by grumpydwarf

Where have you been she has had Bala and Uri ? If it got Vicky Kaushal the national award it def got Yami more recognition. 

But I was told she isnt given recognition and is always side lined and ignored 

But I was told she isnt given recognition and is always side lined and ignored 

Karan CLEARLY tried!

I like Yami in Vicky donor, she’s so beautiful and great actress but I don’t watch her interviews because they are boring or I feel like she’s not showing her real self. I know sushant with shraddha was scheduled for the show and when shraddha cancelled, I wish karan still kept sushant to go with someone else. He just cancelled that episode