Bollywood awards are a family fare: Abhay Deol (2012)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

https://www.indicine.com/movies/bollywood/bollywood-awards-are-a-family-fare-abhay-deol/

Bollywood awards are a family fare: Abhay Deol8 years ago

by Indicine Team

1 min read

Abhay DeolAt an interactive session during the 43rd International Film Festival of India, actor Abhay Deol slammed the various award ceremonies in Bollywood. He also spoke about his critically acclaimed performance in Dev D, which wasn’t even nominated at the Filmfare Awards in 2009.

“Talk to any actor off record and he will tell you, you either go because you are winning an award or you go because you are getting paid. Otherwise, you don’t go. In that case, pay me and I’ll perform. If you tell me you are awarding talent, then no. It is just an exercise in appeasing those you have worked with or appeasing those you want to work with” Abhay said.

“I was promoting ‘Road, Movie’ at the time the Filmfare Awards were happening, and no one wanted to talk to me about ‘Road…’. The entire press wanted to know why I wasn’t selected for an award. And I said, ‘It was a family fare. If you are part of the family, then you will get it.’ And I stick by that” he added.

Social media has totally screwed the concept of Bollywood awards...everyone knows everything about the reality of these awards...there was a time way back when filmfare awards used to be so much awaited...Don’t care about any of them any more...

Wrong thread.

Edited by Sock-let - 3 years ago

☢️

Edited by Nahiiinnn - 3 years ago

Abhay is always cribbing cos he was born into a BW family which doesnt socialize as much. 

And he belongs to that family.. it's just that he is one of the cousins no one liked to hang out with 

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

In that case, pay me and I’ll perform. 

Nobody wants to see you so why will they pay you to perform? I mean... what? 🤣

Lol this reminds of the Anurag Kashyap tweet on Abhay Deol..for some reason I hve never liked him..now I know..such a whiny guy.

He was arrogant. Just watch his episode on Star Plus show where the host hangs out with him and his then gf. 

As much as hate Pan Masala Award, he is arrogant whiner. It’s just that he didn’t benefit from connection like others did hence is bitter.