Would Chhapaak have fared better with a much better actress? - Page 4

Posted: 3 years ago

Any better counter arguments or thatā€™s it? 

Edited by Givemyaccount - 3 years ago

I don't know if it would have made more money. The content is something most Indians dont want to spend time watching. They want to be entertained. I havent watched the movie and cant comment on DP's acting.

Chaapak would have fared "better" with a bit of reality check. 

Forget JNU and Left leaning ppl distributing free tickets. Its Meghana Gulzar's weakest film, no chance of it being  a big HIT like Raazi.

They should have not clashed with "Tanhaji"  but delusional fans led the team to believe somehow Deepika has better draw than Tanhaji team that too being no so great movie.

A media star does not automatically convert to Box office star. Even for a bad movie a box office star should have stellar opening.

Script was very poor. They made a documentary instead of a movie. Acting had nothing to do with the movie flopping.  All acted accordingly in the movie. 

The makers were probably being very careful not to commercialize the movie as it was a sensitive subject. As a result of that we got a documentary instead of a movie.

Personally I don't think the JNU visit affected the movie at all. If the movie became hit then same people would say her JNU visit was a success

For example, Padmavat did great amidst so much controversy. Because the movie appealed to audience.  Audience don't care about controversies. If they want to watch a movie they will watch it no matter what.

Edited by SugaAgustD - 3 years ago

The problem was a weak script , Meghana Gulzar has given some of the amazing movies but missed the mark in this one .. and to add to that Deepikaā€™s weak acting , the movie was bound to not do good .. 

and no I donā€™t think it has anything to do with JNU .. 

Originally posted by Givemyaccount

Deepikaā€™s performance was universally praised. She carry the movie fiercely. Most people here couldnā€™t bother watching and they were already bashing it. Half of people saying yes didnā€™t watch the movie if that was the case then a more detailed answer other than ā€œYESā€ would have been more credible šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

A better question would

would Chhapaak .....with a much better Director?

and the answer is yes. 

True. 

Sometimes the movies donā€™t work for various reasons. Acting can be one but I think In this it was more of all the small factors. The same actors have done fairly well in other movies

Let's look at it this way as to which of her contemporaries could have:

1. Alia - Maybe

2. Katrina - Wouldn't have been offered the film in the first place

3. Kangana- Would have aced it but the film wouldn't have fared well at the box office

4. Vidya- couldn't have been offered the film because the actress needed to look a certain way

5. Taapsee - Again maybe

Highly doubt it! It was the screenplay and direction that could have been improved