Would Chhapaak have fared better with a much better actress?

Posted: 3 years ago

Well since this movie has exposed the limitations of a mediocre actress like Deepika, do you feel that a much much better actress brimming with talent could've/would've salvaged the film from being a critical and commercial flop?

No. The films content is what made it not do well, not the acting. 

I think alot of stuff made the film suffer 

I thought Deepika was fabulous in the movie and did a great job. I think the screenplay could have a been better though, so I think that is what needed to change. 

No even though they might have acted slightly better than Deepika. The film lacked flow. You don't show the backstory at the end. The ending should have been the court victory and and not how she got the acid attack. You want the audience to go out feeling empowered. I understand them showing another acid attack case, they needed to convey how it is still an ongoing problem that has not been resolved. 

No. Even though I feel that Deepika did underplay Malti a little (even though she was pretty good in some scenes), the movie itself fails to move you, with the ineffective court scenes. I couldn't feel connected to her character much, they didn't really explore Malti's psyche. The end of the movie passed on a strong message though, I liked that.  

No content and direction could be better, the acting was fine 

No it would have had the same fate. The narration of the story wasn’t engaging. 
besides, this is a very sensitive topic. People go to the cinemas for entertainment mostly. Only a few opt for this type of movie... 

Originally posted by LotusPetals

No it would have had the same fate. The narration of the story wasn’t engaging. 
besides, this is a very sensitive topic. People go to the cinemas for entertainment mostly. Only a few opt for this type of movie... 

Not true. Uyare , a malayalam movie made before Chapaak based on the same topic was a huge success in kerala. But then, the movie was spectacular and Paravathy was fantastic in her role.

Originally posted by Midsummar

Oh yeah? Who do you think would have made it a success? Sonam with her impeccable acting skills which always stand above poor scripts?

Of course...she got success to all the movies that were a hit... Sanju, padman are all hit cause of her....