Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

My father was defeated at BO by hunks with 6 pack abs: Babil Khan - Page 6

Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

This content was originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

I wish, truly wish people would stop making people who pass away fallen heroes.. 

and stop discrediting the success of others by calling it mediocre.. I am sorry.. just because someone works in a certain type of movie, it in no way implies that their hard work is any less.. stop discrediting their success and undermining their hard work trying to prove the superiority of a certain type of cinema

That said, Irfan was a phenomenal actor.. and it wasn't like he wasn't appreciated.. he was.. every single time applauded for his act.. 

It is up to the audience to decide which type of movies they wAnt to invest.. stop guilt tripping them into liking a certain type of movies.. movies are meant to entertain.. If a movie entertains you, it's worth your money.. simple as that

So glad to see so many likes on your post. Truly better sense prevails.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: briahna

he is grabbing kjo's attention for movies 😂

He mentioned six pack abs n photoshop item 😂
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I dont know. Look Thru Irfan's filmograph and see how many times he lost a Box Office clash. 😆 Probably countless times 🤣

See d box office n say who is tat six pack abs n photoshop item 😂
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Sabhayata

So glad to see so many likes on your post. Truly better sense prevails.

Ya Hope one day truly better sense prevails
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Some people saying we need to stop treating ones who passed away as fallen heros. Please stop with this insensitive comments. If we lose great actors it’s a void in cinema since mediocre is already too many of them. I loved irfan in lunchbox but I don’t agree with his son since he is trying to become an actor and nepotism debate just because your father was great does not mean your going to be great. I feel sad of Sushant passing because he was young and a talented outsider who can give competition to nepo kids since every top actor from young generation right now is a nepo kid. Also I love entertainment cinema with comedy with six abs and I also loved movie like lunchbox so both world cinema art and fun movies can exist together to create balance. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Terenaina

Some people saying we need to stop treating ones who passed away as fallen heros. Please stop with this insensitive comments. 

"Babil wrote, “You know why that is? Because we, as the Indian audience, refused to evolve. "

His son doesnt sound very sensitive ⭐️ Fair is Fair 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 3 years ago
guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: juba

My father gave his life trying to elevate the art of acting. 

Did he not die due to cancer primarily?  I understand he meant Irfan did not stop and kept on doing good cinema but defeated by six pack hunks is just judging them all. Some films may have been silly but not all 

And Bhai doesn't even have 6-pack abs. 

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

This content was originally posted by: Terenaina

Some people saying we need to stop treating ones who passed away as fallen heros. Please stop with this insensitive comments. If we lose great actors it’s a void in cinema since mediocre is already too many of them. I loved irfan in lunchbox but I don’t agree with his son since he is trying to become an actor and nepotism debate just because your father was great does not mean your going to be great. I feel sad of Sushant passing because he was young and a talented outsider who can give competition to nepo kids since every top actor from young generation right now is a nepo kid. Also I love entertainment cinema with comedy with six abs and I also loved movie like lunchbox so both world cinema art and fun movies can exist together to create balance. 

Some people no.. me.. I said it.. and I repeat, Irfan is not a fallen hero.. he is a legend.. a celebrated actor.. a remarkably talented actor.. someone who managed to blur the line between act and stardom.. who was loved.. by whining about what could have been, we are actually undermining whatever he managed to acheivs.. Irfan is a legend.. who achieved so much.. so pretending he lost out on anything is insensitive.. 

And he is not a fallen hero.. he succumbed to his disease.. making a martyr out of everyone is insensitive.. not preventing people from doing so

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

That’s true Irfan achieved a lot and lived life. He even won an award before he died so he got to see people celebrating him when he was alive unlike sushant. 

Heisenberg17 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: HugeScarcity

It's simply elitist to say that the "Indian audience refused to evolve" or that seeking "entertainment and safety of thought" needs to change. Just because you don't like or agree with a certain type of cinema doesn't mean everyone else needs to feel that way. Perhaps we are not as highly respected among world cinema (compared to the west) and we can work to better that but that shouldn't take away from what the majority of our own country appreciates. I even find it a bit pretentious when people complain of mediocrity in our cinema or talent. Not everyone has the same world views, opinions, or thoughts.

Well Bollywood being one of the oldest and biggest movie industries in the world, and yet no-one take us seriously, why is that?  We make more movies than Hollywood, we sell more theater tickets, and yet only 3 Bollywood movies feature in the top 100 highest rated movies on IMDB, while we represent 1/6 of world population.

The amount of plagiarism that goes on, films copied from foreign industries, remakes of regional films, copied/remakes of songs, posters etc.... this obsession of sequels that have no connection to previous films, talentless nepotist products, Bollywood IS mediocre.  Expecting better is not elitist.