My father was defeated at BO by hunks with 6 pack abs: Babil Khan - Page 5

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by cricketfan1

He got the best farewells ever, which only a handful in the industry can dream of! What better way to measure an actor’s success? Otherwise success is subjective, more or less who are we to say?

I guess, he is talking about the struggle which Irrfan had to do to reach there. I remember in interview of Irrfan when he said he was getting appreciation by the industry people when they saw him on stage and TV but no one was offering him the movie because that time Bollywood was ruled by certain genre. He was waiting for even small roles in the movie. His other movie Paan Singh Tomar took ample amount of time to get released as not many were ready to release it. His movie Hindi Medium too didn't get huge opening and other movie Half Girlfriend which released at the same day got the huge opening while Hindi Medium later got successful as it was a better movie . But ..dont have energy left to debate on this topic. I just quoted you. 

Don't want to take part in the debate but couldn't stop myself 

Originally posted by Renee.Clare

I guess, he is talking about the struggle which Irrfan had to do to reach there. I remember in interview of Irrfan when he said he was getting appreciation by the industry people when they saw him on stage and TV but no one was offering him the movie because that time Bollywood was ruled by certain genre. He was waiting for even small roles in the movie. His other movie Paan Singh Tomar took ample amount of time to get released as not many were ready to release it. His movie Hindi Medium too didn't get huge opening and other movie Half Girlfriend which released at the same day got the huge opening while Hindi Medium later got successful as it was a better movie . But ..dont have energy left to debate on this topic. I just quoted you. 

Don't want to take part in the debate but couldn't stop myself 

Aww its ok ...even I am a reluctant participant here.....The negativity everywhere on the SM does tend to get one sooner or later! 😳

I agree about his struggles and I know where you and Anjs were coming from.....  He had his own path to carve and that’s why he has such a glorious story to tell....

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

He made Hollywood Hits that Bollywood could never reach. Yet he wanted Dhoom 4 😆

Indian stardom is a completely different beast. The kind of hero worship a leading star gets in BW is so major that none of those small character roles in HW can match it. HW is just using Indian actors in small bits and pieces to get the Indian audience to watch their movies. Nothing more than that. 

I remember Hrithik had gotten a HW agent more than a decade ago. His name was Jai Khanna. That guy had appeared on some panel discussion and said the big Indian stars actually have zero interest in HW because they can make way more money in India. If they took out time to go work in HW, they would actually be losing money. It's also not satisfying for their fans to see them in small roles. 

Irrfan wanted the Indian fame and that's why he kept doing movies in BW instead of just moving to HW. Those HW roles just enhanced his BW resume and it could be used to differentiate himself from his peers so it worked for him.

His role in Hindi Medium >>>>> his roles in Life of Pi or Jurassic World

Originally posted by 2RsFan

BO success doesn’t matter in the long run . Irfan will always be appreciated and respected, Salman won’t be

silvester stallone Schwarzenegger are still loved Salman has cult films too dabang tiger andaz apna apna hum dil main pyar kya tere naam..bairanji bhaijaan to name some So he will be loved even in future. Irfan obviously was very good actor salman a big megastar known outside india too by many. Irfan cinema and salman cinema could cohabit without problem. Like cohabit in Hollywood stallone Schwarzenegger Bruce Willis and de Niro alpacino 

Originally posted by cricketfan1

He got the best farewells ever, which only a handful in the industry can dream of! What better way to measure an actor’s success? Otherwise success is subjective, more or less who are we to say?

Yes he did get but he wasn't there to see it......

Off late, he did get the respect....but the ultimate goal to cherish for any artist is to see his work being appreciated, people thronging to see his work, cause work is like a baby for the artist...... 

Also I am thinking that no show at box office did disappoint him, and being his son babil must've seen it more close, esp since he aspires to be an artist too...

Originally posted by anjs

Yes he did get but he wasn't there to see it......

Off late, he did get the respect....but the ultimate goal to cherish for any artist is to see his work being appreciated, people thronging to see his work, cause work is like a baby for the artist...... 

Also I am thinking that no show at box office did disappoint him, and being his son babil must've seen it more close, esp since he aspires to be an artist too...

I am sure he felt all that and being his son he probably have seen it all...I only wished he used some other time to speak about it all, if at all...I am afraid his words will now be simply drowned in the noise!

Originally posted by Cool_N_Cold

Who dis attention seeker 😂

he is grabbing kjo's attention for movies 😂

Originally posted by briahna

he is grabbing kjo's attention for movies 😂

Could this be true 😆

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Could this be true 😆

six packs abs n photoshop item , who is tat 🤔

Originally posted by Cool_N_Cold

six packs abs n photoshop item , who is tat 🤔

I dont know. Look Thru Irfan's filmograph and see how many times he lost a Box Office clash. 😆 Probably countless times 🤣