Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: ~*sindhu*~

Shayad his inner thoughts were that Lunchbox should have earned as much as Dhoom. Then his father would have been considered as the biggest superstar and not the hunks with 6 packs. 

Maybe His dad needed a better workout schedule 🤣

Ennuyi thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

BO success doesn’t matter in the long run . Irfan will always be appreciated and respected, Salman won’t be

Will be remembered as a huge star but not actor and m sure he's ok with that.

~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Maybe His dad needed a better workout schedule 🤣

I always felt Irfan was content with what he was doing and what he received in return. Never sounded bitter. Its just his son who seems to be not happy with it. Lets see what he delivers in terms of quality movies and if it indeed deserves the revenues of a Dhoom movie.

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Most of the points he is making are pretty much many of us will agree. As a student of world cinema, he is sharing his opinion on the taste of Indian cinema going audience compared to other parts of the world. It is no news for anyone that Indian audience's taste is regressive and patriarchal. He also included his disdain for mindless action along with taking a dig at six packs and I think that is not sitting well with people. 😆

At any rate, he is expressing his disappointment at the irrelevance of a certain kind of cinema and hoping for a faster change. He could have been more diplomatic by not taking a dig at others but it is just his instagram post.

The defense on forum is funny to see though. Hundreds of threads on Kabir Singh and how it is scientifically misogynist and hence concluding how Indian audience is all misogynist to now movies are for entertainment.

I agree movies are for entertainment but you can still have a strong opinion on some of them and express them. There is no compulsion for everything that is popular to be respected by everyone.

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Sighh...how I wish he maintained his silence...Why drag Irrfan into this mess? :(

when you attend a class on world cinema, look out for your own industry and there is just one class that too pass away in chuckles.......it must've hurt badly....... i think one can only withheld this kinda hurt for sometime........eventually people have to share........

its commendable that he spoke up........... Irrfan definitely deserved more BO success........and nothing wrong and admitting that....

we will evolve if we introspect, right ??

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: ~*sindhu*~

I always felt Irfan was content with what he was doing and what he received in return. Never sounded bitter. Its just his son who seems to be not happy with it. Lets see what he delivers in terms of quality movies and if it indeed deserves the revenues of a Dhoom movie.

anyone working hard would want to see success, nobody would go like, 'okay, my movie is out, doesnt matter if it earns or not' .............. i mean BO success literally makes or breaks careers here.......why wouldnt Irrfan care then ?

The fact that he didnt let it show, was commendable.......maybe he didnt want to rub the biggies the wrong way......maybe he didnt want to come across as the whining sorts...........the fact that he got hollywood breakthrough also mustve compensated a little bit........but still he continued working in bollywood, so of course the success here must've also been important for him.......

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: FreeTheNipple

I agree movies are for entertainment but you can still have a strong opinion on some of them and express them. There is no compulsion for everything that is popular to be respected by everyone.

No compulsion whatsoever.. but when you specifically decide that people are not evolved enough if they dislike a certain type of movies you invite criticism😆

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

. Irrfan definitely deserved more BO success.......

He made Hollywood Hits that Bollywood could never reach. Yet he wanted Dhoom 4 😆

when you attend a class on world cinema, look out for your own industry and there is just one class that too pass away in chuckles.......it must've hurt badly....... i think one can only withheld this kinda hurt for sometime........eventually people have to share........

its commendable that he spoke up........... Irrfan definitely deserved more BO success........and nothing wrong and admitting that....

we will evolve if we introspect, right ??

He got the best farewells ever, which only a handful in the industry can dream of! What better way to measure an actor’s success? Otherwise success is subjective, more or less who are we to say?

~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

anyone working hard would want to see success, nobody would go like, 'okay, my movie is out, doesnt matter if it earns or not' .............. i mean BO success literally makes or breaks careers here.......why wouldnt Irrfan care then ?

The fact that he didnt let it show, was commendable.......maybe he didnt want to rub the biggies the wrong way......maybe he didnt want to come across as the whining sorts...........the fact that he got hollywood breakthrough also mustve compensated a little bit........but still he continued working in bollywood, so of course the success here must've also been important for him.......

What I meant was I have never felt he was comparing his success and failures with others to feel bitter about not being as successful as them. Not everyone quantifies their success and failures by comparisons. Some people focus on their own journey. Doesn't mean they don't want to be successful, just that they don't spend their lives comparing their journey with others to decide whether they have been successful or not.They compare their present with the past to decide the same. I don't know how Irfan measured his success but he seemed content to me so I mentioned. You can disagree if u feel otherwise.