Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HugeScarcity thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

It's simply elitist to say that the "Indian audience refused to evolve" or that seeking "entertainment and safety of thought" needs to change. Just because you don't like or agree with a certain type of cinema doesn't mean everyone else needs to feel that way. Perhaps we are not as highly respected among world cinema (compared to the west) and we can work to better that but that shouldn't take away from what the majority of our own country appreciates. I even find it a bit pretentious when people complain of mediocrity in our cinema or talent. Not everyone has the same world views, opinions, or thoughts.

Edited by HugeScarcity - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: HugeScarcity

It's simply elitist to say that the "Indian audience refused to evolve" 

Bobby Khan is too elitist 🤣

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: rkisnothot

Everyone is using this controversy for their own selfish ends. 

Irrfan was hugely appreciated for the types of films he did but you can't force the audience to watch movies that they don't want to. What does it even mean that his father was defeated at the box office by hunks? People watched what they felt like!

exactly, it is not stars like salman khans fault that a larger percentage of the audince enjoys watching his movies, irfan was a celebrated actor throughout his career, he didn't lose out on anything. The kind of films he did were more serious and small budget and they worked, we can't expect him to be like a salman or srk, they have thier own qualities and irfan had his own strentghs 

and why blame the audince? the audince is going to watch what they enjoy, why make them feel bad about spending thier hard earned money in the way that they want? If they want to watch a mindles masala movie then they have every right to do that with thier own money 

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I can't remember which college course it was that taught me masses will always pick trash over quality. So this is nothing new. And it will continue to happen. The best you can hope for is recognizing what is mindless entertainment and what is thoughtful films. And letting both of them exist in their own spaces. 

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

BO success doesn’t matter in the long run . Irfan will always be appreciated and respected, Salman won’t be

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I'd never heard of this guy before ever in my life and now he keeps jumping into controversies every few days. Why should anyone even care what an actor's son thinks? Aren't people supposedly against nepotism?

I personally prefer the kind of movies Irfan did over the mainstream masala but I can't make that decision for others. The majority of the theater audience is working class people. They spend their hard earned money and they want to have some fun and forget their worries. Many of them don't have the patience or capacity to watch art films when the rest of their day is filled with work and worries. 

I agree that those films are not really respected on a world scale but who cares honestly. It's not like anyone respects Adam Sandler or Noah Centineo movies in HW either. Superhero movies are also trashy. There is room for everything. 

~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

When u fail to adapt to market demands you start blaming the audience for having bad taste and not evolved enough to cater to the kind of movies that you want to do. Isn't it the actors duty to experiment with all genres and cater to all kind of audiences? Now if u want to stick to the kind of cinema u believe in thats all good and fair. But don't blame the audience for not going with your choices. If u need a bigger fan base, learn to adapt rather than continuously complaining about people not choosing your movies. You can't always expect others to change as per your wishes while u stay rigid as a rock with your preferences. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~*sindhu*~

😆

When u fail to adapt to market demands you start blaming the audience for having bad taste 

NO the story goes Lunchbox needs Dhoom type budget 😆

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

BO success doesn’t matter in the long run . Irfan will always be appreciated and respected, Salman won’t be

Rajinder Kumar of new stars 🤔

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: S_H_Y

Rajinder Kumar of new stars 🤔

Tiger