Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I wouldn't exactly call her numero uno.

But she is sweet, non-controversial, has come up the hard way like any outsider and her stardom is organic, unlike You Know Who. So, she has my support👍🏼

But she really, really needs to work on her acting. Without that, she can never reach the top position.

Sensible post and I agree with all that you said. Nothing else matters but improving and excelling in your craft. Shraddha has still enjoyed the benefits of being an insider. If she really wants to conquer Bollywood she needs to work hard on her acting. Give it her everything!

Otherwise I do like for her sweet demeanour and non brattish disposition. 

vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sharpener

Why is it hypocritical if people are calling out star kids that have been involved in bullying and who are being shoved down our throats vs calling our star kids who are genuinely nice people and audience genuinely loves them? 

Alia is getting hate because obviously cuz of daddy KJo and now her family is going crazy on twitter shaming Sushant. What has Shraddha done since? Nothing, she quietly went to his funeral. Has her family been making a scene om twitter to defend her? 

Shradhha is no amazing actress neither does she does any great movies or characters. She's just super charming onscreen (& offscreen too) and does girl next door roles. Audience is paying money to watch her entertain them so why should she get any flak for successfully charming the audience, especially the guys. It's not like Alia is feminine, pretty or hot so masses obviously love Shradha, especially guys. 

The whole argument is about shoving down nepo kids down our throat when the audience doesnt even wanna see them and nepo kids having bratty attitudes. Neither of them applies to Shraddha. 

I find that immensely appealing about her. Secure in her own skin. She is beautiful too. I remember an interview long back she did with alia, and they were both sitting on a couch talking. I could notice the distinguishment in attitudes right away. Shraddha always had that aura and she comes across as personable and graceful. Exactly why she is loved. 

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: vsbarry

Shraddha is a top actress of her generation and has her own space. Why can’t people just be happy with where she is at and is always blasting about no. 1 this number 2 that. This doesn’t exist anymore, just the audience being nostalgic about how we create hierarchy in the older days. In terms of popularity, she is up there. She cannot deliver a solo hit based on her acting alone like say a alia or a kangana though. Despite this, I will argue that she has more mass following than the other two. 

There have been two box office queens in the recent past. One being Katrina kaif and the other deepika padukone. After that there has not been one who has generated as much audience hype as them.

I will say that she became an automatic star after aashiqui 2. Almost effortless. Which was the same way deepika came across in om shanti om

@ bold ~ excellent point. Can't imagine Shraddha, Alia, Sara or anyone really as no.1. You are right, that era truly is gone. 

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Insta c Kon number one hota h🤣

HugeScarcity thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sharpener

Why is it hypocritical if people are calling out star kids that have been involved in bullying and who are being shoved down our throats vs calling our star kids who are genuinely nice people and audience genuinely loves them? 

Alia is getting hate because obviously cuz of daddy KJo and now her family is going crazy on twitter shaming Sushant. What has Shraddha done since? Nothing, she quietly went to his funeral. Has her family been making a scene om twitter to defend her? 

Shradhha is no amazing actress neither does she does any great movies or characters. She's just super charming onscreen (& offscreen too) and does girl next door roles. Audience is paying money to watch her entertain them so why should she get any flak for successfully charming the audience, especially the guys. It's not like Alia is feminine, pretty or hot so masses obviously love Shradha, especially guys. 

The whole argument is about shoving down nepo kids down our throat when the audience doesnt even wanna see them and nepo kids having bratty attitudes. Neither of them applies to Shraddha. 

By this logic, Alia is the only recent star kid who anyone has any evidence of "stealing" projects and Sonam/Sonakshi are the only ones who have said anything since Sushant's death so then why is every other star kid being dragged? 😲 Audiences are paying money to watch most of them too if we are going by box office. Now, if we are talking about talent, then that's a whole different discussion for which even some outsiders can be dragged.

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

She is another mediocre product of nepotism..... getting so many opportunities despite limited talent......

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

She is another mediocre product of nepotism..... getting so many opportunities despite limited talent......

But she’s on her best behavior 😆

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Shraddha had a chance, but she squandered it by trying to prove that she can act.

shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Elvis12

Baaghi 3 was termed  a below average by BOI ..So technically a failure .

Proof here : https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158461

Well context matters though naa?! How are you gonna earn if the theatres are shut?! Its business is only from its first week and there it trended very well.  Nobody necessarily in the trade considers this movie business a "failure" for being rejected by the audience. The situation was what it was with the corona. 

Classifications First Quarter 2020 - Tanhaji Stands AloneSaturday 21 March 2020 12.30 IST Box Office India Trade Network

Google+FacebookTwitterLinkedInPinterestAddthis

Twitter logo link

The first quarter has seen a dull response with only Tanhaji - The Unsung Warrior emerging a success and a huge one also. The film became the third biggest blockbuster of the last 20 years in Mumbai circuit with footfalls only behind Bahubali - The Conclusion and Gadar Ek Prem Katha.

"The rest of the films did not work at all though Baaghi 3 would have been a SEMI HIT / HIT film as it would have hit the 115 crore nett mark and maybe even crossed 120 crore nett for HIT status if it was not for the shutdown of theatres due to coronavirus. The film could still make AVERAGE status if it get another 2.50 crore share when cinemas reopen."

Edited by shogun - 3 years ago
Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: HugeScarcity

By this logic, Alia is the only recent star kid who anyone has any evidence of "stealing" projects and Sonam/Sonakshi are the only ones who have said anything since Sushant's death so then why is every other star kid being dragged? 😲 Audiences are paying money to watch most of them too if we are going by box office. Now, if we are talking about talent, then that's a whole different discussion for which even some outsiders can be dragged.

What other star kids are being called out the way Alia/sonam/sonakshi are being called out?  

Also, there's a difference between paying money to watch a movie vs paying money to watch a star. For example, I watched Pati Patni or Woh because everyone said it was good comedy. So one can't necessarily claim that I paid to watch Ananya. Or the new Jhanvi movie ~ I'm not gonna watch it cuz she's in it, I wanna watch it because I wanna watch Gunjan Saxena's story. Jhanvi did such a horrible job in Dhadak but I have no choice but to watch her for the sake of Gunjan Saxena.