Shraddha Kapoor, the underdog, is the new numero uno - Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by blue-ice.1

How is Shraddha escaping the fireworks....she is a nepo kids....she got movie after movie....despite giving flops.....around 17 movies in 10 years....and that too...75% of them flopped.....and she is being loved? aisa kaise.....and don't give me the reasoning that she is sweet and all that.....she is a nepo kid who kept on getting movies after giving flops....she is pretty but a very average actor....so why no bashing for her?

zor zor se scheme mat bata 😡

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Baaghi 3 did well enough no. I thought it was the only film besides Tanhaji that made some type of money before the shutdown 

Baaghi 3 was termed  a below average by BOI ..So technically a failure .

Proof here : https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158461

Shraddha is a top actress of her generation and has her own space. Why can’t people just be happy with where she is at and is always blasting about no. 1 this number 2 that. This doesn’t exist anymore, just the audience being nostalgic about how we create hierarchy in the older days. In terms of popularity, she is up there. She cannot deliver a solo hit based on her acting alone like say a alia or a kangana though. Despite this, I will argue that she has more mass following than the other two. 

There have been two box office queens in the recent past. One being Katrina kaif and the other deepika padukone. After that there has not been one who has generated as much audience hype as them.

I will say that she became an automatic star after aashiqui 2. Almost effortless. Which was the same way deepika came across in om shanti om

Edited by vsbarry - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Elvis12

Baaghi 3 was termed  a below average by BOI ..So technically a failure .

Proof here : https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5158461

So Ajay/Saif/Kajol could very well have starred in the only movie of 2020 that made huge money. Their all insiders 😆😆

Is number of followers on Instagram a criteria for Stardom? Based on this logic, Priyanka and deepika are the biggest stars followed by shraddha, then alia, anushka, Katrina, disha/kriti. 

Don’t know about Numero Uno but she definitely is better than Alia in every which way possible.

As a person , as an actor , as a dancer and in terms of beauty. She also doesn’t snatch roles or is shoved down anyone’s throat with title like “Meryl Streep” n such.. 

She does her shit and moves on.

Does she have upper hand over outsiders? Definitely yes. Did she struggle? Probably not. 

In KWK when she appeared KJO tried to humiliate her by bringing up Shakti And giving his condescending solemn “ya” into some stupid  conversation to which she gave a very dignified response. 

Ironically, her first hit is with the Bhatts and ARK. Opting out of YRF contract was a badass move but I am sure she had a padding to fall back on if ever there was a need. 

I don’t really care for nepotism if nepotism brings in talented folks and not someone whose sole qualification  is losing weight or doing namaste or snatching roles. 

Originally posted by mintyblue

If talent was the yardstick for success, Salman Khan would never be numero uno. People go for a combination of factors in an actor/actress. Looks, screen presence in BW are equally important as acting. Shraddha has not been shoved down anyone's throats and has become popular due to her own appeal/allure. If you visit any song of hers on Youtube, you will see the comments by fans and people who genuinely love her.

you are right. Stardom is much more than just acting which is kind of sad in a way. Number one actresses so to say have all been quintessentially beautiful and attractive. There is a reason why she doesn’t have to broadcast her popularity or play PR constantly with the intention of appearing a way she is not. I’ve never felt as if she is forced despite being an ok to poor actress at times. Which says a lot. 

[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Unconventional

She def is a sweetheart but it is indeed hypocritical when people bash every star kid but leaves some of them.

And no Shraddha’s struggle is nowhere close to that of an outsider.She is a very bad actor(very rarely decent).Plus I don’t even even find her that beautiful features wise.Overall pretty but not as some of u guyz make her it to be.So how come her getting so many movies doesn’t bother some of you inspite of her below avg talent.If her struggle is real then toh even Ananya’s n Sara’s struggle is real.Luv ka the End was a flop(and that’s again a Yashraj flick) yet she went on getting movies after movies.And then u guyz say she has struggled.

(I like Shraddha bcoz I think she is a good person but then I like many star kids n if any one of them is getting called out for their privileges it’s better that we stop our hypocrisy for some of the others).

Why is it hypocritical if people are calling out star kids that have been involved in bullying and who are being shoved down our throats vs calling our star kids who are genuinely nice people and audience genuinely loves them? 

Alia is getting hate because obviously cuz of daddy KJo and now her family is going crazy on twitter shaming Sushant. What has Shraddha done since? Nothing, she quietly went to his funeral. Has her family been making a scene om twitter to defend her? 

Shradhha is no amazing actress neither does she does any great movies or characters. She's just super charming onscreen (& offscreen too) and does girl next door roles. Audience is paying money to watch her entertain them so why should she get any flak for successfully charming the audience, especially the guys. It's not like Alia is feminine, pretty or hot so masses obviously love Shradha, especially guys. 

The whole argument is about shoving down nepo kids down our throat when the audience doesnt even wanna see them and nepo kids having bratty attitudes. Neither of them applies to Shraddha.