Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coldbrew thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Let's face it. What we consider mainstream Bollywood is a family business. A handful of families who scratch each others' backs, who are financed by underworld dons or ambani's at times. 

They give a few "outsiders" a shot every once in a blue moon when they want to make themselves look more inclusive and diverse, or when their chachere ki beta or beti is still growing up, whatever the reasons may be.

But if their own bhateeji shows interest in the movie that's already signed up by the said outsider, of course they will give a "dog-ate-my-cat" excuse, work around contract loopholes and rope in their own bhateeji. Bhateeji's ego over everything else. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Basically, what I'm saying is... it's a bunch of powerhungry families playing ringa ringa roses among their own bhateejes and chacha ki beti's. Does that mean QUALITY suffers? A resounding YES. But we can't blame them for spending their money and launching their bhateeji's and continue to prop them up even if they might be talentless hacks. Their money, their betas, betis and bhateeji's, so they are free to humor each other as they please.๐Ÿ˜†

I'm hoping that online streaming and the shift to a more content-based viewing will simplify the process for low-budget filmmakers with talented artists... you know, give them the opportunity to put their work "out there" to reach a mass audience.