mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

First, Ayushmann is a complete outsider. He has no connection with the industry, be it direct or indirect.

Second, he's made a formula of breaking the formula. In Bala, he looked anything but like a hero. Yet the film went on to gross over 100 crores. It shows people like him, regardless of how he looks.

Thirdly, he often tries to break the mould by doing an Andhahdun and/or Article 15. Both films hardly have any commercial elements.

Fourthly, he's made a space for himself by playing the vulnerable/dysfunctional man, thus undermining traditional concepts of patriarchy and/or machismo. 

Fifth, he's built trust with the audience. They go into the theatre, trusting in the script Ayushman is in, all because he has built that rapport.

My only problem is he hasn't experimented with the masala/action genre. Once he gets into that, I think he will have proved himself as versatile as Ranveer.

Discuss/comment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ImmortalsOfM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

as versatile as ranveer?! no ranveer is so much better and that is excluding the masala genre which i don't care about,honestly.

Let ayushman catch the accents right like ranveer did in BM and RL,let ayushmaan act the way ranveer did in the scene where kashibai asks him to not ever enter her room again or pull off a malhari the way ranveer did.

not that i think ranveer has slayed every role he has done.He gets into the look of every character but I am not sure if he gets every character,acting wise.

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

He's not a very good actor so I cannot fully support him. But I would any day watch his film over Varun's or Tiger's. So he does have my implicit support.

mintyblue thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: ImmortalsOfM

as versatile as ranveer?! no ranveer is so much better and that is excluding the masala genre which i don't care about,honestly.

Let ayushman catch the accents right like ranveer did in BM and RL,let ayushmaan act the way ranveer did in the scene where kashibai asks him to not ever enter her room again or pull off a malhari the way ranveer did.

not that i think ranveer has slayed every role he has done.He gets into the look of every character but I am not sure if he gets every character,acting wise.

Yes exactly. This is what I feel.

As actors, I would rate them Ranbir>Ranveer>>>>Ayushmann

As per my personal favourites, Ayushman>Ranbir>Ranveer

All said and done, Ayushmann has a lot of work to do if he wants to catch up with Ranbir and Ranveer. My admiration and liking from him stems from the fact that he is a complete outsider and has no connections. He is a completely self-made man.

Lulzbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

First of all, Ayushman's face and body is such that he won't be getting an out and out action commercial pot boiler or historical epic type film. 

He is made for the small-mid budget films. Nothing wrong with it. It's just that his schtick is getting boring.

mintyblue thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Lulzbolly

First of all, Ayushman's face and body is such that he won't be getting an out and out action commercial pot boiler or historical epic type film. 

He is made for the small-mid budget films. Nothing wrong with it. It's just that his schtick is getting boring.

He can always work on his body,right? He has himself stated that he would love to do an out-and-out commercial action flick.

Do watch him in this song. Despite not having the traditional good looks, he has so much swagger and charm IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj_xaltfmEU&list=RD_1gO117Gm3E&index=14

Lulzbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: mintyblue

He can always work on his body,right? He has himself stated that he would love to do an out-and-out commercial action flick.

Do watch him in this song. Despite not having the traditional good looks, he has so much swagger and charm IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj_xaltfmEU&list=RD_1gO117Gm3E&index=14

You call this "swag"?

simplyrdb thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

One shouldn't expect Amol Palekar to become an Amitabh Bachchan. Not that Ayushmann is the right equivalent, but it is just to give an idea. 

Ayushmann needs to pick better/fresh scripts within his space/domain. Bas wohi kaafi hai. It is more than enough considering how terrible his competition Is within his space. 

shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: Lulzbolly

Haha my man Ayushmann doesn't have an ounce of aura, gravitas or this "swag" in carrying a masala movie or "larger than life" characters. He has his own special place in Bollywood and so far he's killing it with that. Props to him. But the way this sister always tries to make it seem that any tom, dick and harry is capable of doing action movies is amusing. Anyways wth do I know? Y'all do carry on.  

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Ranbir and Ranveer worked with the best of directors, which hasn't been the case with Ayushmann, who mostly worked with new directors. I don't find Ranveer or Ranbir that amazing either. They're decent. Good directors make them give good performances.