vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I remember the times when multiple actors and actresses coexisted and were loved. Yes there was always competition but it has changed as ego has taken over. Powerful people want to control who’s successful and who’s not and limit stardom to only a few so elitism remains in specific groups. 

The 90’s and early 2000’s, I remember appreciating multiple talents both outsiders and products of nepotism. This forum (audience) also likes to create a hierarchy and that’s what enables the industry to defend their practices and unfair tactics 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

OK you are wrong 

in 1950s only nepotism was there, raj kapoor was son of prithviraj kapoor, shammi kapoor got walk in because of father and brother, ok raj and shammi both were mediocre actors at best if outsiders both would not get a chance most probably. Shahshi kapoor was best actor among three. Same with raj kapoors sons mediocre actors. Premanth was raj kapoor wife krishnas brother. Babita was sadhna's cousin etc etc so you see many got chance in 50s only because they were so and sos relatives. OK Raj kapoor was a great director except he exploited women on screen and off screen both. 

So nepotism is not 2000s onwards issue. 

Its there from 1950s but in 1950s very few families there so chance for outsiders more say 70-80%

in 2010 too many families and ester era actors/directors/producers kids are there so 80% chance going to them

Even music directors almost all related to someone in past just check like annad milind chitragupt sons, sameer is anjaan son, amit kumar is kishores son etc 

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Privtheraj Kapoor wanted to get Dilip Kumar thrown out of Mughal E Azam for Raj to get the role. 

Now we shall read it shouldve been Privetheraj instead of SSR 🤣

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: vsbarry

I remember the times when multiple actors and actresses coexisted and were loved. Yes there was always competition but it has changed as ego has taken over. Powerful people want to control who’s successful and who’s not and limit stardom to only a few so elitism remains in specific groups. 

The 90’s and early 2000’s, I remember appreciating multiple talents both outsiders and products of nepotism. This forum (audience) also likes to create a hierarchy and that’s what enables the industry to defend their practices and unfair tactics 

Appreciating both outsiders and products of nepotism? Which outsider from the 90s managed to make it big? Actors I mean not actresses