Karan johar telling Aditya Chopra not to cast anushka or ranveer

Posted: 3 years ago

This is the problem. Not nepotism necessarily. This was mentioned in kwk

I like Ranveer, but yet I don’t see anything wrong with it...Karan is AC’s friend and what is wrong in warning his friend if he thought he was doing something wrong? Don’t we all try to protect our friends’ from making wrong decisions?

While KJO shouldnt interfere it also illustrates that bad stuff happens in the industry and you just try to work thru it. Not let it suffocate you. 

He said he did that because he found them both ugly. Than what was he thinking casting Varun or especially Alia ??? It’s fine if he didn’t think they were star material ? But the reason he gave kind of contradicts his own actions. 

Edited by grumpydwarf - 3 years ago

I can somehow understand that he said that about Ranveer, but Anushka was beautiful when she made her debut

Karan himself is no greek god, how comes that he comments on everyone's look and style.

Originally posted by cricketfan1

I like Ranveer, but yet I don’t see anything wrong with it...Karan is AC’s friend and what is wrong in warning his friend if he thought he was doing something wrong? Don’t we all try to protect our friends’ from making wrong decisions?

I guess there is. If the best interest of my friend is in my mind, that is where your assumptions fits. But was it for KJo ?  Forget Aditya, did KJo even put the best interest of 'art' in mind ? Did he even care to check if Ranveer or Anushka really FIT for their parts ? Did KJo or will KJo ever come up with any replacement suggestion with an outsider seeing the auditions etc. etc. ? 

Just close your eyes and imagine KJo's face while suggesting this to Aditya Chopra. Your doubt will be clear what is wrong here. 🤔

Aditya chopra should do what he should do but by his own.she should not do what Karan johar says to do.apni barzi karni chahiye.

Originally posted by ehaab

Aditya chopra should do what he should do but by his own.she should not do what Karan johar says to do.apni barzi karni chahiye.

He does

Originally posted by Kaya65

I can somehow understand that he said that about Ranveer, but Anushka was beautiful when she made her debut

Karan himself is no greek god, how comes that he comments on everyone's look and style.

Exactly.. and neither is Aditya Chopra who is butt ugly too, lives a mysterious life and fears the camera. It's like they'll take any ugly duckling from film families but people like Anushka, etc have to be 10/10 to qualify.  

But if ADI chopda listened to him then ranveer and Anushka would have been robbed off of this project. You shouldn't sabotage someone's career. 

Because of people like kjo's interference outsiders don't get movies. That's the point.

Originally posted by cricketfan1