Suvan OS- A Musical Fest!

Posted: 3 years ago

I dedicate this OS completely to my virtual sister, Alina! It's her birthday today and this is a small piece from my side for her! Hope you like it Miyan!😳

Note- As expected from the title it contains two songs! I am sure you have heard both but in case you haven't I am adding them here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC1iJcYOyeY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLEx6bhPu7s

Suman and Shravan had a major fall-out in their high-school after which they had parted ways but fate had some other plans for them. Both had joined army and coincidentally Suman had been transferred to Shravan's regiment. Initially they had faced many hurdles but as people say 'Love finds a way' so did theirs and they confessed. Their team known as 'Team Tiger' consisting of 25 members had recently been on a dangerous and long mission which they had successfully completed. Everyone was granted a leave of one week but the brave militants just wanted a single musical fest in the quarters. Which they had been granted.

Evening time-

Capt. Riya Gill stood infront of Capt.Suman's cabin. She asked Suman if she could come in to which Suman nodded with a smile. Suman asked Riya to take a seat and closed the file which she was reading. Riya and Suman had met on a mission earlier, Riya was a lieutenant at that time. She was somewhat like Kanchan, bubbly, frank and most importantly a person who loved drooling over men. From the time they had met Suman had developed an protective instinct for her. Suman and Riya had easily bonded over and would talk about many topics whenever free during the mission. Riya had messaged Suman a day before that she had been transferred to her regiment and was eager to meet her. 

Suman smiled at Riya and said, "Nice to see you Capt.Gill" Riya sat on the chair, "Thanks Capt. It's always pleasant to meet you. By the way I heard you are going to be promoted to the rank of Major soon. Congrats!" Suman poured her a glass of water, "Yes, its true. Thanks! But weren't you going to come tomorrow?" 

"Yes! I am going to join from tomorrow itself but I luckily got an early train so I hopped in."

"Ohh.. but you're here right now so I thought you would be commissioned from today. Did you not meet Lt.Colonel Patel?"

"Nope! When I entered the quarters there was only one thing everyone was talking about. That is the musical fest of team tiger and Major Malhotra's performance. So I thought of trying my luck." Riya spoke dramatically.

Suman smiled at her enthusiasm, "Well, if you are here to try your luck with me I can't help you! Only the team members are allowed to enter it. You will have to try your luck with Major Malhotra or Major Singh dear!"

Riya pretended to pat her shoulder and said, "I already did!" 

Suman laughed at her antics and wondered if she was the same girl who never ever even smiled when on a mission."From whom? Major Malhotra or Major Singh?"

"The ever handsome Major Malhotra! I went in his cabin, greeted him. Then I directly asked him if I could join the fest? I fear that he was has fallen for my bold attitude. He obviously had to grant me the permission" Riya spoke dreamily.

Suman raised her eyebrow at Riya and said, "I hope you know he is engaged!"

Riya nodded her head like a kid, "Sadly yes! It broke my heart but your never know what the future holds. Maybe I'll gate-crash his wedding and express my love for him. I'll make sure he doesn't refuse for me"

For a second or two Suman felt worried and hurriedly asked, "Are you for real?"

Riya laughed at the lines which covered Suman's forehead, "Obviously no! I am not this mad."

Suman sighed and mentally slapped herself for believing Riya's words. "Point. Let's go! It's already 7.15 PM."

Riya looked at watch her and said, "They are going to start it by 7.20. We have to hurry! Oh My God! I can't miss Major's perfomance."

Suman giggled at her, "Don't worry it won't start till we reach there!"

Riya asked why to which Suman replied, "Because Major cares for all his sub-ordinates. I too am one of them. He will wait for everyone to gather."

Riya nodded, "That's good!"

Suman and Riya both left the cabin and while locking the door Riya noticed the diamond ring shining on Suman's ring finger. She asked her, "Are you engaged?"

Both of them started walking towards the hall while Suman answered, "Yes! Three months ago!"

Riya excitedly spoke, "Who is the lucky guy?"

"Patience is a virtue Riya!"

"As you say senior! Your orders shall be followed! By the way have you seen Major's fiancee? I heard she is in the army too."

"Yes I have. But where did you meet Major?"

"Ohhh... it was an event. I'll call it the best day of my life. Hayee... I saw Major for the first time that day. He was giving a speech and I was a spectator. His confidence, his style. Ufff... mein marjaawan" Riya said while placing her hand on her heart.

"That's it? I thought you both met at some ball where he asked you to dance."

"Are you teasing me Captain? That one scene was alluring. His aura was captivating. But you didn't tell me if his fiancee is good! I have a feeling that she is witch. Opposites attract and since Major is so good she has to be a witch." Suman coughed listening to her words.

"Hmmm... his fiancee is okayish I guess! She will be present at the fest as she belongs to our team." Suman said suppressing her smile.

"She better be good or I am going to teach her to be brave, to be honest in her work, how to challenge the world... "

"Let's see!" Suman spoke while entering the hall.

The hall had dim lights. It consisted of about only 30-32 people out of which 25 were the members of team tiger itself. As soon as Suman entered Shravan had spotted her. He was sitting on a chair at the corner of the stage checking the cords of his guitar. He asked the Naik if everyone was present to which the Naik replied positively!  

The lights on the stage suddenly lit. Lieutenant Sharma stood on the podium and welcomed everyone, "Welcome guys to the special musical fest by team tiger. Today we are here to celebrate our success in the Mission Safety. I would like to thank everyone who helped us achieve it. Let's start this fest without any delay. Our first performance is by the always energetic and disciplined Major Kunal Singh! 

Major Singh came on stage and sang 'Teri Mitti' with his complete devotion. Everyone was awestruck with his beautiful performance. Lieutenant Shrama came back again and announced, "The next perfomance is what everyone has requested, it from everyone's heartthrob, the ever brave, the dashing Major Shravan Malhotra"

All people present in the hall hooted for their strict yet kind Major.The lights around the stage went off living only the centre area illuminated where Shravan was sitting. Shravan's eyes met Suman's. She did a small double wink wishing him luck. Shravan adjusted the mic, "Before starting I will like to thank Lieutenant Sharma for his beautiful words. Presenting Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gayi based on your demand" The crowd again cheered for their Major.

Shravan took the guitar and started playing a soft tune.

Riya whispered in Suman's ear, "Major is so talented."

Suman nudged her asking her to remain quiet.

Shravan in his modulated, clear charming voice sang, 

Ho o o o o o... ho ho ho ho.........

Kaise mujhe tum mil gayi, kismat pe aaye na yakin

Utar aayi jheel mein, jaise chaand utarata hai kabhi

Houle haule, dheere se

Gunguni dhup ki tarah se tarnnum main tum

Chhuke mujhe gujari ho yu

Dekhu tumhe, ya main sunu

Tum ho sukun, tum ho junun

Kyun pehle na aayi tum

Kaise mujhe tum mil gayi, kismat pe aaye na yakin

Shravan looked at her with utmost sincerity. Suman could see the love his eyes held and how throughout the singing part his gaze never left her. Suman ignored the looks and teasing smiles everyone passed at her and instead concentrated on Shravan, he continued.

Main toh yeh sochata tha, ke aaj kal uparwale ko fursat nahi

Phir bhi tumhe banaake woh, meri nazar mein chad gaya

Rutbe main woh aur badh gaya

Jindagi sitaar ho gai, rim jhim malhaar ho gai

Mujhe aata nahi kismat pe apani yakin

Kaise mujhko mil gayi tum

Shravan finished singing the song with a smile while Suman had happy tears in her eyes. All gazes were shifting from Shravan to Suman to check her reaction and understand the words unspoken between their Major and Captain.

Everyone loved Shravan's performance and started shouting, "Once more" Shravan shook his head denying and was about to walk away from the stage  Major Singh stopped him and spoke in his ears "Major you gave us a wonderful performance but you should call your Heer too! You are the most celebrated couple. We deserve a song from her too" Shravan's eyes glistened with mischief, he nodded. Over the time Suman had mixed well in the team. Everyone would treat her like a sister. The team had turned into a family over the time.Major Singh took the mic and said, " My brother gave a beautiful performance but my bhabhi to has to give one too. Captain do come!" Suman blushed profusely and said a simple no complied with pleading eyes to Shravan. 

Everyone looked at Suman and that's when it struck to Riya that Captain Suman Tiwari is Major's fiancee. The song he earlier sung was indirectly dedicated to her. She couldn't feel more embarrassed. She wished that the sky engulfs her or atleast the earth covers up her. She did a quick flashback and realised she was complaining about Suman to Suman itself and didn't feel this foolish ever. She did not dare to look at Suman. Meanwhile Shravan took the mic and said, "Cheer up for Captain Suman Tiwari!" Suman's eyes went wide knowing that she had no escape now. She smiled at Shravan fainlty and got up to walk towards the stage. Everyone hooted for their brave as well as endearing captain. Suman took the mic and spoke, "Your wish is my command Major Singh!" And ignored Shravan.

She started singing with her sweet calming voice-

Dil kho gaya ho gaya kisi ka

Ab raasta mil gaya khushi ka

Aankhon mein hai khwab sa kisi ka

Ab raasta mil gaya khushi ka

Rishta naya rabba dil chu raha hai

Kheeche mujhe koi dore

Teri ore, teri ore, teri ore, teri ore

Hai rabba

Teri ore, teri ore, teri ore

Hai rabba

(Ahhh)

Suman looked at Shravan with a smile which he reciprocated. The other people couldn't stop smiling at the way their Major and Captain were trying to hide emotions. She continued-

Hume tou yaehi rabba kasam se pata hai

Dil pe nahi, koi zor, koi zor

Hai rabba

Hai rabba

Ek heer thi aur tha ek raanjhan

Kehte hai mere gaon mein

Sacha ho dil to sau mushkilen ho

Jhukta naseeba pao mein

Suman ended the song with a thank you while everyone clapped for their Captain.

Shravan and Suman walked away from the stage while intertwining their hands while the militants hooted for them. Suman and Shravan walked to her seat seeing which Riya just got up. She immediately went near Suman, "I am sorry Captain for keeping you names" Shravan looked at Suman, puzzled to which Suman answered, "Nothing serious. She didn't know I am your fiancee. She was calling your fiancee a witch for stealing you." Shravan laughed and said, "You're not wrong Captain! She at times does turn into a witch, MY witch" Shravan instantly felt a hand slap his arm to which the three laughed.

Happy birthday once again Alina!

Guys do comment and like!

Criticism is welcome as well!😃

Amazing OS Babu! Loved the usage of the two songs in this piece. Two of my favourite tracks! 

Riya's and Suman's conversation was fun to read! 

This is such a cute and thoughtful dedication! A very happy birthday to Alina once again!🥳

mast gana h ..teri ore❤️...amazing work!

Originally posted by Bucky

Amazing OS Babu! Loved the usage of the two songs in this piece. Two of my favourite tracks! 

Riya's and Suman's conversation was fun to read! 

This is such a cute and thoughtful dedication! A very happy birthday to Alina once again!🥳

Thanks a lot Babu!🤗❤️

I practically love all songs sung by Shreya😆

Originally posted by Meena_J

mast gana h ..teri ore❤️...amazing work!

I agree!

Thank you!🤗

Originally posted by Pranushka_723

Thanks a lot Babu!🤗❤️

I practically love all songs sung by Shreya😆

Yes. She is really talented! Very well deserved👍🏼

My sister is a little biased to her version of 'Kaise mujhe tum mil gaye' than the male counterpart😃

Edited by Bucky - 3 years ago

Yes. She is really talented! Very well deserved👍🏼

My sister is a little biased to her version of 'Kaise mujhe tum mil gaye' than the male counterpart😃

I too love her version especially when she sings' Badalengi Rituye ada par mein rahungi sada' I just love that line❤️

But then I can't make Suman sing all songs😆

Originally posted by Pranushka_723

I too love her version especially when she sings' Badalengi Rituye ada par mein rahungi sada' I just love that line❤️

But then I can't make Suman sing all songs😆

Same! That line is so heartfelt!❤️ Makes my heart ache a little. 

Same! That line is so heartfelt!❤️ Makes my heart ache a little. 

@bold Yes! The song ain't a sad one but every time I listen to it my heart just feels heavy... the lyricist too did a great job!

Aww what a cute OS! I loved it! I really hope they show something like this on the show! Thank you for dedicating this OS to me, Miyaan ❤️ LOL was Riya's character inspired by me? 🤣