Shatrughan Sinha calls nepotism debate 'irrelevant' - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

Self-preservation at its best! This is what annoys me the most about all these beneficiaries of nepotism. They don't share the most egregious part of the burden that "outsiders" do but they also won't take ownership of the benefit.

Originally posted by big4accountant

Self-preservation at its best! This is what annoys me the most about all these beneficiaries of nepotism. They don't share the most egregious part of the burden that "outsiders" do but they also won't take ownership of the benefit.

How is Shatrughan Sinha beneficiary of nepotism? Dude worked his way to the top right from the bottom.

Originally posted by RegressiveThug

How is Shatrughan Sinha beneficiary of nepotism? Dude worked his way to the top right from the bottom.

Perhaps he is self-made, I'm not familiar with that era. But his daughter is definitely a beneficiary and I find her just as annoying and undeserving as the likes of Alia, Sonam, etc. So naturally he's gonna say that nepotism is "irrelevant" when it is very much relevant.

Edited by big4accountant - 3 years ago

Sure. Your daughter was so talented that she didn't require to give any auditions, you didn't speak to any superstar to take her under their wings and launch her. She gave thousands of auditions, stood in long queues, got rejected. Heck, I remember your son also tried to do act in a movie and gave it up inspite of being super talented. 

All this is irrelevant, only relevant thing is the great approach your dearest daughter has to the nepotism debate.

Perhaps he is self-made, I'm not familiar with that era. But his daughter is definitely a beneficiary and I find her just as annoying and undeserving as the likes of Alia, Sonam, etc. So naturally he's gonna say that nepotism is "irrelevant" when it is very much relevant.

It is not perhaps, he is self made.

Baaki I am not here to debate on whether he is right ot wrong, you called him beneficiary of nepotism, I had to just reply to that point, that he isn't.

Originally posted by RegressiveThug

It is not perhaps, he is self made.

Baaki I am not here to debate on whether he is right ot wrong, you called him beneficiary of nepotism, I had to just reply to that point, that he isn't.

Okay, so he's not a beneficiary, but his daughter is.

Off topic, and no offense to him or anyone from 60's-70's, but I think it was relatively easier back in those days to be self-made because bollywood was new and anyone's game--not like now with all sorts of camps and loyalties.

Funny,,

He is entitled to his opinion like everyone else and that is fine...

but instead of defending his own daughter (especially after targeting our fraternity fiasco), why is he doing so for KJo and Alia?

Sabko pata hai, KJO aur bhai se pange ka kya matlab hota hai..

I expected a little bit of empathy if not colossal understanding...

But khair chodo... my bad!!! 

Okay, so he's not a beneficiary, but his daughter is.

Off topic, and no offense to him or anyone from 60's-70's, but I think it was relatively easier back in those days to be self-made because bollywood was new and anyone's game--not like now with all sorts of camps and loyalties.

RE: bold

It was very difficult for outsiders to enter the industry back then. A lot of the actors/actresses who entered back then were from well to do families who paid to get a film or made it through certain connections. Also, entering the film industry back in the 60s and 70s was frowned upon. 

The struggles back then were also harder because BW was not as compartmentalized as it is now. Actors really had to work hard, eg. they had to try to get it right in one take because the film roll was expensive..

Nowadays, with the amount of exposure one gets due to social media and also the fact that there are so many different mediums... its relatively easier to break into Bollywood. Becoming a star is, of course, is a challenge. But getting a film is not all that difficult if you compare it to the 60s and 70s. 

Edited by BinKuchKahe. - 3 years ago

Because you have Ayushmann Khurrana from the outside being welcomed.

^^^ 

But why do Ayushman or his brother need welcoming?? Why do they think they are entitled to welcome or not welcome anyone?? Who gave them the power. Why do they think they own the industry. They think anyone who survives their unnecessary unfairness is being favored?? No credibility to the person and their hard work but it’s because they were being favored and they are spared. Someone should remind them about the fact that they think this way is actually the problem. I hate these people, nothing but bunch of bullies. 

Originally posted by BinKuchKahe.

RE: bold

It was very difficult for outsiders to enter the industry back then. A lot of the actors/actresses who entered back then were from well to do families who paid to get a film or made it through certain connections. Also, entering the film industry back in the 60s and 70s was frowned upon. 

The struggles back then were also harder because BW was not as compartmentalized as it is now. Actors really had to work hard, eg. they had to try to get it right in one take because the film roll was expensive..

Nowadays, with the amount of exposure one gets due to social media and also the fact that there are so many different mediums... its relatively easier to break into Bollywood. Becoming a star is, of course, is a challenge. But getting a film is not all that difficult if you compare it to the 60s and 70s. 

Interesting, hmm I guess every era came with its own set of challenges... If was what you described back then, we now have a bunch of cliques and longstanding family trees trying to reign the entire industry.