Are people truly "adults" if they live with parents after adulthood? - Page 12

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Mahisa22

I'm in my 30s, actually. So calm your horses. Its extremely childish to jump to conclusions about someone's worldview or intelligence when you don't know them personally. Lets act mature and discuss like adults. 

First, even kids know the international currency exchange rates (its 75 btw) I was just throwing around average figures and not on exact exchange calculation.

😆

You denied even common knowledge among Indians lol. Everybody knows how a peon applies for a job in india. 

Your replies were inarticulate and ignorant of the reality of India. 

India is still a third world country and we do not compare to the US in any sense. 

You ask absolutely stupid questions even though you allegedly already knew everything I replied and it was "common knowledge" for you. 

Also, using big words, trying to be condescending and indirectly insulting me in your most recent replies won't change a thing lol. 

I'm giving an example of your replies here, 

"No M.Sc or MBA will do a security guard's job in India, whereas in the USA, even a science graduate has to do menial jobs like receptionist or janitor."

First of all, graduates do security jobs in India. Second, you point about US is right. But your comparison in between these two things is like comparing apples with oranges. 

Also, your weird idea of people being adults relative to them living with their parents or not. 

Originally posted by Guneet80

You denied even common knowledge among Indians lol. Everybody knows how a peon applies for a job in india. 

Your replies were inarticulate and ignorant of the reality of India. 

India is still a third world country and we do not compare to the US in any sense. 

You ask absolutely stupid questions even though you allegedly already knew everything I replied and it was "common knowledge" for you. 

Also, using big words, trying to be condescending and indirectly insulting me in your most recent replies won't change a thing lol. 

I'm giving an example of your replies here, 

"No M.Sc or MBA will do a security guard's job in India, whereas in the USA, even a science graduate has to do menial jobs like receptionist or janitor."

First of all, graduates do security jobs in India. Second, you point about US is right. But your comparison in between these two things is like comparing apples with oranges. 

Also, your weird idea of people being adults relative to them living with their parents or not. 

Just because you lack comprehension and could not see that I already said what you said before (excluding the educated people doing peon jobs), doesn't mean my questions were stupid. 

Maybe try to read and comprehend next time before jumping around like a kid questioning worldviews and ages of strangers on the internet. ðŸ˜† I repeat, its VERY childish. 

Originally posted by Guneet80

Also,  go back to read your responses and think if they project you being gullible or not. 

Either you were being purposely vague or didn't know about the said topic because lmao you replies were absolutely weird which everybody agreed upon. 

So I think,  if you know everything all this time and it was "common knowledge" even for a "street dog" and I'm a "simple minded child " just to reply you with basic difference between the US and India, then you need to be more articulate next time. 

Bye

"Everybody agreed upon"? Like how many people? 2 or 3? More than 15 people replied on this thread, and many many of them agreed with me. You need to learn counting as well. Lol. 

And you claim to be so knowledgeable about the US, and you don't even know that people living with their parents well into adulthood are not normally considered "real mature adults" in the US and most of the West? My American friends and people I encounter on American forums say that all the freaking while. 

And again professor, everyone, their 5-year-olds and their dogs know the 'basic differences' between India and US. Just because YOU leant them at a much later age (you sound like you just recently discovered these wonderful facts LMAO), doesn't mean everybody did. 

And nobody ever denied India is a third world country or that it has poor people, don't know where you got that from. I only said that according to economics India cannot be referred to as a "poor country" in the same way as maybe Somalia or Haiti. There's a difference between "having poor people" and "being a poor country". Study up on that and you'll learn. 

Bye.

Edited by Mahisa22 - 3 years ago

I think, it depends on a person. Of course, living without parents makes people more responsible, but sometimes there are cases when it makes the situation worse.

I feel it's about keeping a balance! You can live with your parents and still be independent. Talk to your parents understand their side and make them understand yours. Most importantly being an adult never meant that you can't live with your parents. Living with your parents gives it's own benefits!