Original Choices For Gadar Were Govinda/Kajol

Posted: 3 years ago

https://www.filmfare.com/news/bollywood/these-actors-were-the-first-choice-to-play-the-lead-pair-in-gadar-41785.html

These actors were the first choice to play the lead pair in Gadar

by Filmfare | June 24, 2020, 19:47 IST

These actors were the first choice to play the lead pair in Gadar

Sunny Deol and Ameesha Patel’s superhit film Gadar: Ek Prem Katha (2001) made the characters of Tara Singh and Sakeena memorable. The duo performed impressively in the film and were loved by all. However, we’ve got a little insight into who was the first choice for the film. Director Anil Sharma was keen on casting Govinda and Kajol as the lead pair in the film however, due to date issues and a few other reasons, they couldn’t be a part of the film.

Gadar Gadar Gadar

But, like they say, someone’s loss is someone else’s gain, Sunny and Ameesha were finally locked for the film and it proved to be a boon for them. Gadar went on to do a business of over Rs 200 crore (adjusting to the inflation) which was unheard at that time. Keep watching this space for more fun details from Bollywood. 

Gadar Gadar Gadar

Govinda would have been a bad choice ..Kajol probably a better choice than Amisha!

I can't imagine the movie with any other actors but yeah, can't judge that whether they have been good or bad. Govinda is a good actor too, might have nailed the role. 

Originally posted by Renee.Clare

I can't imagine the movie with any other actors but yeah, can't judge that whether they have been good or bad. Govinda is a good actor too, might have nailed the role. 

This might be chi chi n kajol's 1st movie together but it didn't happened. 

What no..Sunny and Amisha were nearly perfect.Today Amisha may have become irritating n non existent but she was a doll during those days.She looked so pretty in that movie.Cant imagine anyone in her place.

And Sunny was adorable with “Madamjee”.His dialogues are still so famous.And that pump ukhado scene.😆

Ugh...no. Would have been a very different movie. Also, govinda and kajol Jodi doesn't sound all that good.

I remember director Anil Sharma had said Sunny was the only one who came to his mind. 🤔

Can't imagine Govinda in Gadar. Sunny was perfect in his portrayal of the two contrasting sides of Tara Singh. The innocence in his Madam ji was heartwarming. Even Amisha was good in the film.

Edited by Wistfulness - 3 years ago

Somehow I am not able to imagine Govinda with that handpump😆

Govinda would have not fit into Sunny's role in the film.