Soni Razdan calls out hypocrisy of Nepotism debate

Posted: 3 years ago

Soni Razdan Calls Out People for Hypocrisy Around the SubjectBollywood by Filmfare | Jun 24, 2020, 11:07 IST

Share this on

ff

Sushant Singh Rajput’s untimely demise raised a lot of uncomfortable questions and debates in the film fraternity. Under an uncalled for public trial, several celebrities were called out for excluding the actor and giving a rise to the never-ending nepotism debate once again. 

Alia Bhatt Mother Soni Razdan Father Mahesh Bhatt

Speaking of the same, director Hansal Mehta took to his social media to speak of how his son will someday make films but his career will not be shadowed by the success of his father. He wrote, “This nepotism debate must be broadened. Merit counts most. My son got a step in the door because of me. And why not. But he"s been an integral part of my best work because he is talented, disciplined, hardworking and shares similar values as me. Not just because he"s my son. He will make films not because I will produce them. I might not. But because he deserves to make them. He will have a career only if he survives. It is ultimately him and not his father who will build his career. My shadow is both his biggest benefit and greatest bane.”

Alia Bhatt Mother Soni Razdan

Replying to this, Alia Bhatt’s mother Soni Razdan spoke of how there is an underlying hypocrisy in the debate and said, “The expectation that people have because of whose son or daughter you are is much more. Also those who r ranting about nepotism today and who have made it on their own will also have kids one day. And what if they want to join the industry? Will they stop them from doing so ?”

No one bashes Jackki Bhagnani coz he spends his dad's money. Inheritance aur "Ramnik bhai, dukan bechna hai toh apne community mein hi bechna" ka faraq kaise samajh mein aayegi agar bheje mein gobar bhare ho toh?

Edited by zoinks - 3 years ago

“The expectation that people have because of whose son or daughter you are is much more. "

Damn the pressure of silver spoon & platter🤔

These people are not that dumb....they are in denial....they dont want to accept the truth cause then they will expected to reform......and obviously they dont want that to happen...

The basic fact that Soni ji thinks nepotism debate is RANTING, just proves how much of entitlement they feel.

In Alia's case it's not even nepotism - she enjoys the best of nepotism and the best of favouritism. 

This vile horrible family is making Alia and other nepo kids victims here.. They don't even understand the depth of the situation - ignorant idiots.. Only pressure Alia gets is to choose which multi million projext to sign,  which designer attire to wear,  how to pay for more followers/bots, which elite party to attend.. I don't blame her knowing how revolting and disgusting her parents are.. Really bad upbringing..

She took her time to choose this tweet out of the 1000 tweets that are against nepotism clearly got so much time on their hands and they are getting more & more frustrated..  

Seriously? Nepotism is not just abt free ticket to BW but the fact tht star kids skip the basic process of auditions, get numerous chances despite flops n worst of all snatch others work by using their connections.

People must have had expectations from Sridevi's daughter but who in the world had expectations from Mahesh Bhatt's daughter , Aakhri Pasta's daughter ? 😆