{ A Piece Of My Heart } #2 #PreRishFF [Ch14 -Pg14] - Page 6

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Wistfulness

Sure. I know it's difficult when two vastly different fictions are running parallel. 

Exactly! I will try and update fast though šŸ˜³But I'm excited to write this chapter!

Originally posted by GulaabiAakhein.

Exactly! I will try and update fast though šŸ˜³But I'm excited to write this chapter!

Even readers are eager and excited with various possibilities taking place in their heads. 

Even readers are eager and excited with various possibilities taking place in their heads. 

I hope I doin't disappoint!šŸ˜³

Chapter 13: Stolen Moments.

The most irritating thing about Mumbai traffic is that you always get stuck when you need to reach somewhere on time. Rishabh honked and tried to cut through the traffic but he was stuck. He didnā€™t want to make Prerna wait. She is going to be so mad at me again. Rishabh told himself looking at his watch. He sat there wondering what Prerna would say today. Last time they met, she made it clear she never wanted to see him. What had changed? Well, she broke up with me and hates me already. Canā€™t be worse than that right? Has to be something goodā€¦ He sighed. He had no hopes, he had lost hopes long back. But still whenever he saw her his heart wished for just one more chance.

Rishabh took a full hour to reach Coco and hurried inside the restaurant only to find Prerna sitting in one corner reading her book. Rishabh sighed. He felt his body relax. All the work tension, all the loneliness he otherwise felt, everything gone, just like that! She was his home. She felt like home. 

He walked up to her and pulled his chair to take a seat. Prerna looked at him over her book, ā€œYouā€™re late.ā€ she grumbled. Clearly, he hasnā€™t changed. She thought.

Rishabh apologetically smiled. ā€œTraffic. I promise I left as soon as you called.ā€

I know she wonā€™t believe me, but I have changed now. I value her so much more. 

Prerna nodded suspiciously. She knew how much Rishabh loved his work. He always made her wait because heā€™d be finishing his one-last-thing at office.   

ā€œSoā€¦ā€ Rishabh said, looking at her intently.

Before Prerna could say anything the waiter came with sushi & edamame dumplings. ā€œSir, may I serve?ā€ 

Rishabh looked at the food and then at Prerna. He hadnā€™t ordered yet. Did she? He wondered. 

ā€œUmm--woh-- you said you were really hungry--so--ā€ Prerna said, trying not to look like she cared much. 

Rishabh nodded at the waiter and he served them both. He kept the rest on the table. ā€œThank you,ā€ he said looking at Prerna. She remembers my favourite dishes

Prerna smiled. Rishabh didnā€™t start eating, he still looked at her, waiting for her to say something. Prerna knew he was hungry and didnā€™t want to start off with work. She waited for him to eat first. These small unsaid gestures of care and love were what still pulled them closer. The moment was almost magnetic, where no one said a word and yet so much was felt. 

ā€œSo tell me, aaj meri yaad kese aayi?ā€ Rishabh asked. 

Prerna pursed her lips. ā€œPehle khaa toh lo,ā€ she said. 

Rishabh nodded. ā€œI hope I wonā€™t be eating alone,ā€ he said, looking at her. She looked at him hesitantly. ā€œItā€™s 9:30!ā€ he added. 

She nodded and said okay. It was difficult to say no to edamame anyway. 

Rishabh watched as she ate the dumplings first. He liked the sushi more. ā€œSo how is working going?ā€ He asked. He wanted to know more about what was going on in her life. Had she gone on any more dates with guys after Anurag? Was she considering marrying someone? But he couldnā€™t start there. 

ā€œGoing well, itā€™s been quite hectic off late.ā€ she said. 

ā€œIā€™m sure, sometimes I feel like I need therapy too!ā€ Rishabh said. 

Prerna raised an eyebrow. ā€œWhy?ā€ she asked. 

ā€œJust,ā€ he said, suddenly confused about the why himself. It was more like he needed a companion, he needed her. 

ā€œWhat?ā€ she asked. Suddenly curious about his life too. 

ā€œI donā€™t know. I just think I need someone to talk to.ā€ he admitted, looking away. He had never been good at talking about his feelings. And there was a time when he could tell Prerna anything he was thinking, but things had changed. He had changed. He felt a lump in his throat suddenly. I should not have said that. He told himself. 

Prerna gulped. She felt bad hearing that but didnā€™t know if she should give some advice or let it go. She felt slightly guilty about all the harsh things she had told him when they met. She now knew that whatever he had said about Komolika was indeed true. He actually didnā€™t cheat on Prerna and it was just an immature move by Rishabh. But she didnā€™t want to go into that right now. 

Before she could say anything, he started, ā€œSo, now can we get to the point?ā€

He really wanted to know why she had called him. He had tried his best to kill all hopes in his heart but had failed like always. 

ā€œI--I want to talk to you about Komolika.ā€ Prerna said, looking at him. 

Rishabhā€™s face stiffened and his expressions became stern. His hope was squashed and his heart felt heavy again. He looked down at his dumpling and put the whole thing in his mouth. He was very evidently pissed. Prerna could clearly see that on his face. She did, after all, know how to read his face. 

ā€œIā€™m sorry, I know it isnā€™t your favourite conversation, but I really do need your help. She needs help.ā€  Prerna said.

Rishabh tried to align his thoughts as he finished the dumpling in his mouth. He took a deep disappointed breath and said, ā€œLook, I am sorry too. I donā€™t want anything to do with that woman. I get that youā€™re her doctor, but main tumhari help nahi kar paunga.ā€ he clearly stated. 

ā€œRishabh please,ā€ Prerna said, ā€œShe is apparently in love with you and--ā€

Rishabh stopped her right there. ā€œSo? Pyaar esehi thodi ho jaata hai! Woh ladki pagal hai and I canā€™t deal with her again.ā€ He was irritated now. 

ā€œExactly! And I realised talking to her that she is delusional. She thinks she loves you but itā€™s just an obsession. It could be because you ended things before you guys couldā€¦ā€ she trailed off. She looked away suddenly. 

ā€œOh so now you believe I did nothing? Wow!ā€ Rishabh said, clearly pissed. He should have just worked tonight. Why did he even answer that damn call?!

Prerna realised that she couldnā€™t talk about just Komolika. It was going to be a long conversation. She would have to address their relationship breaking as well. She was about to clarify what she meant when he wiped his mouth with the napkin and said, ā€œLook, thank you for calling me, sushi was great but sorry, main uss ladki ki koi help nahi kar sakta.ā€ Rishabh started getting up.

Prerna held his hand with both her hands and looked at him with hopeful eyes. ā€œPlease, just listen to me. I wonā€™t force you, just hear me out once.ā€ she said. 

Rishabh rolled his eyes and took his seat again. This was not what he had come for. But he couldnā€™t say no to her. He just couldnā€™t refuse. I will not agree to her. I will listen and leave. He told himself. 

Prerna was feeling so awkward. She knew that she hadnā€™t believed Rishabh when he had been saying the truth all this while and now she sat here asking him for help. She hoped he would find it in him to let that go. She didnā€™t have the energy to talk about their relationship though. She still hadnā€™t made her peace with it. She knew that deep down she had always suppressed her feelings instead of facing it.

ā€œI met Komolika today. She told me she wants you back.ā€ Prerna started. Rishabh narrowed his eyes and smirked. ā€œShe will do anything to get you back. Sheā€™s obsessed.ā€ Prerna explained. 

ā€œThatā€™s what you call obsession? I want you back, Iā€™ll do anything as well. Am I obsessed?ā€ he asked without displaying any emotion on his face. Nothing. 

Prerna stared right back at him. His eyes held sadness. She wanted to look deeper but she shook her head and broke her trance. ā€œNo,ā€ she said, ā€œItā€™s different. The way she spoke to me today, it was like she would harm anyone who comes in her way, even you.ā€ she said.

ā€œOkay, so?ā€ He asked. 

ā€œI just--I needed to--umm--I have some questions.ā€ she said. She wanted to say that she was worried about him, that she wanted to warn him, but she couldnā€™t. She was in denial. She didnā€™t want to face her feelings. 

ā€œShoot.ā€ Rishabh said leaning back on his chair. He wasnā€™t interested at all and he was just making that clear. 

ā€œShe said there was no physical relationship at all between you two. But she tried a couple of times. How did you let her down? What was her reaction?ā€ she asked, pulling out her diary. 

Rishabh did not even remember. He wondered why they were sitting in such an amazing restaurant and talking about how he didnā€™t kiss another girl. ā€œLook Prerna, I donā€™t remember, it was a year back. Iā€™m sorry. Do you know what I remember?ā€ he asked.

Prerna blankly looked at him. He was being so difficult. 

ā€œThat I loved this girl, with all my heart, I wanted to marry her. She was perfect for me. But because of my foolishness she left me. I remember that I told her the truth a million times but she didnā€™t believe me. I remember telling you that I did nothing, I would never cheat on you, and you didnā€™t believe me. Thatā€™s what I remember.ā€ Rishabh said bitterly. ā€œNot how some girl reacted when I turned her down.ā€

Prerna had a lump in her throat. Her suppressed feelings were rising. Tears filled her eyes as she tried hard to control it. Shit. Shit. Shit. She thought. I canā€™t become weak. I canā€™t do this here. She gulped. Rishabh was still looking right at her. He could see that she was trying really hard to not cry. 

ā€œHow could I trust you? You lied, again and again, and again. You lied until I caught you red handed. After that how could I trust you?ā€ She whispered. Tears were already escaping her eyes. Rishabh softened immediately. He held her hands in his and squeezed them. Pain was escaping her system. All that pent up pain was flowing out. ā€œI wanted to trust you.ā€ she said, looking down, ā€œBut you had taken away all reasons to trust you. Even the last shred of faith--ā€ her voice broke. 

Rishabh couldnā€™t see her crying. He realised that she was right in her place as well. He had lied so many times that probably if he was in her place, he wouldnā€™t believe her either. He extended one hand across the table and wiped her tears. He leaned towards her and cupped her face, wiping her tears as they escaped her beautiful eyes. 

ā€œI am glad you know the truth now,ā€ he said, tucking her hair behind her ears. ā€œPlease give me my happiness back?ā€ he requested. His eyes did not leave hers.

Prerna looked into his eyes and could see that he was genuinely sorry. She could feel his pain in her heart. She wanted to let her guard down. She wanted to let go of herself but then something in her reminded her of his betrayal and she backed off. He pushed her chair back, wiped her tears and left the restaurant. She couldnā€™t breathe. She walked out of the restaurant and took a deep breath and let go. She fought with herself. Her heart wanted to go back in and give in to what Rishabh was asking but her walls werenā€™t letting her heart out. Pain took over again and she stood rooted to her spot. All this pain that she had never really gotten over. She remembered how much she had cried for days. How many nights she couldnā€™t sleep because of him. She had pushed all the pain away, deep deep down. And today he had brought them out again. But it felt different today. She knew his story was true. She knew he didnā€™t intend to cheat. She knew his truth now. But would she be able to get over the pain? Would she be able to trust him again? 

Rishabh paid the bill in a hurry and ran out after Prerna. Please donā€™t leave. He wished. He looked around as he walked out of the restaurant. He spotted her walking towards her car. He couldnā€™t hold it in him anymore. He could see that she clearly still loved him. Those tears were of love. She was hurting as much as him. He ran behind her. He stopped one step behind her and held her hand, turned her around, pulled her towards him and kissed her. He held her in place by her waist and his other hand cupped her face. 

At first, it was only him but in a moment she gave in too. She felt her whole body burn up as his lips touched hers. She felt her knees weaken and her body lose all the energy it had. Her hands were on his chest but she couldnā€™t push him away. His hold was firm and his intention determined. She felt her pain ease as his kiss got deeper and she couldnā€™t help but let go. She reciprocated his kiss, numbing all the pain that she was feeling. 

Tears escaped his eyes as he felt her reciprocate. He couldnā€™t be happier. Tears of joy finally! He deepened his kiss, he never wanted this moment to end. He could feel her leaning on him. He smiled as he slightly pulled back. He rested his forehead against hers and rubbed his nose against hers, confirming that this was actually happening. His hand still cupped his face as his smile widened and they didnā€™t move. 

She opened her eyes slowly, as he rubbed his nose against hers, as if waking her up from a dream. She hesitantly looked into his eyes, still taking in everything that had just happened. She didnā€™t understand it and nor did she have the capacity to think at the moment. He had literally swept her off her feet and she still failed to find any energy in her to stand straight. If he removed his hand from around her, she would probably fall on the ground. She tried to find her balance. Her heart thudded loudly in her chest, almost breaking those high walls she had built. They stood like that, against each other, just living the moment. The moment both of them had been yearning for the moment they had stepped into Coco. 

Precap: Prerna & Rishabh talk.

Hello my friends!

Unexpected? Too soon? Speechless? Still trying to process? 

Waiting for some reactions!

Wow they kissed

Hope the talk it out and clear all misunderstanding 

Unexpected?? Yes!! 

I loved the way he confessed that she still mattered to him n how that resurfaced her feelings for him that she had buried deep inside of her heart.ā¤ļø

The way he didn't want to let go off the moment n kissed her and yes she gave in toošŸ¤Ŗā˜ŗļø

Beautiful updatešŸ¤—

Waiting for more

Edited by Sunita1986 - 3 years ago

DAMN! That was freaking awesome. ā¤ļø

So many emotions bottled in one chapter. The anticipation, the hope and the vain dismissal of it, the unending love, regrets, pain, longing, and the final act of kiss outpouring the love and the deep yearning while releasing all negative emotions. 

I loved their conversation with Rishabh finally expressing his exasperation and bluntly denying any future association with Komolika. His honest confession and the expression of disappointment due to Prerna's harsh reaction and lack of trust was a delightful read. 

Then that kiss! ā¤ļø

It blended with the flow of the story and was a perfect fit in my opinion. They had literally exhausted their talks at the moment and the kiss was natural. There was nothing RB could do then. Moreover, the restaurant had a past memory attached to it.

DAMN! That was freaking awesome. ā¤ļø

So many emotions bottled in one chapter. The anticipation, the hope and the vain dismissal of it, the unending love, regrets, pain, longing, and the final act of kiss outpouring the love and the deep yearning while releasing all negative emotions. 

I loved their conversation with Rishabh finally expressing his exasperation and bluntly denying any future association with Komolika. His honest confession and the expression of disappointment due to Prerna's harsh reaction and lack of trust was a delightful read. 

Then that kiss! ā¤ļø

It blended with the flow of the story and was a perfect fit in my opinion. They had literally exhausted their talks at the moment and the kiss was natural. There was nothing RB could do then. Moreover, the restaurant had a past memory attached to it.

You know I had suuuuuch an amazing time writing this chapter. It was like I was letting go finally šŸ˜†

Thanks a ton Shruti !šŸ¤—

And yesss like in that moment I couldn't imagine them not kissing. It just seemed like it had to happen. Both of them wanted it and Rishabh wouldn't back down once he saw that she still does have feelings for him. He really just needed to know that she felt the same. For so long she had been so strong. She had never shown weakness in front of him, just anger and hatred. This time was different because she knew the whole truth. And she was thinking about him tooo! 

Yay! Im so happy personally, with the way this chapter turned out. I was trying to nail it and thats why I wrote about their first kiss in the last chapter. I just wanted this to be perfecttt

Rishabh has every right to be mad, when he spoke the truth she didnā€™t believe him Lekin kisi aur ke muh se sunke yakeen ho gaya?! 

But Prerna is also right, he gave her reasons to not trust  him. 

They still care for each other, they miss each other! 

The kiss was perfect, everything was so beautifully written 

Ps: As a Mumbaikar traffic is our go to excuse for being late, Rishabh ne sach hi kaha aap agar time pe niklo phir bhi phans jaoge... šŸ¤£

I started reading the chapter with a smile on my face which lasted till the end 

You get a nice Jaddu ki Jhappi for this šŸ¤—

Now start writing WOC ka next chapter šŸ˜†

Edited by Niyati_T - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Sunita1986

Unexpected?? Yes!! 

I loved the way he confessed that she still mattered to him n how that resurfaced her feelings for him that she had buried deep inside of her heart.ā¤ļø

The way he didn't want to let go off the moment n kissed her and yes she gave in toošŸ¤Ŗā˜ŗļø

Beautiful updatešŸ¤—

Waiting for more

Thank youu Sunita šŸ¤— I am so glad you enjoyed the update coz I loved writing it!