Posted: 3 years ago

Here's my list; feel free to add or disagree.

#1 Omkara. At the least this was a national award winning performance.

#2 - Ek Hasina Thi. Delicious mix of villain that comes packaged like the dream boy. Makes you squirm with discomfort

#3 - Parineeta

#4 - Rangoon. Plays the effort suave Rusi.

#5 - Go Goa Gone - Borris, the Delhi born mascarading as Russian mafia. “I keel dead people” never sounded so hilarious

#6 - Race, the franchise that Saif created, and fell apart without him.

#7 - Bazaar. saif plays Shakun Kothari, a shrewd businessman who is seeped into the dark world of the stock market

#7 - Sacred Games as Sartaj; very subtle performance

#8 Laal Kaptaan - Although movie would only be liked by select audience, I thought Saif's performance was very animal like. 

#9 - KaalaKaandi - Although movie lacked flow, Saif's character arch and performance were quite the highlight.

#10 - Tanhaji, don’t need to mention the impact of Udhaybhan and how he played the perfect foil to Ajay Devgn.

Soecial mentions to Saif Ali Khan in redefining the rom com multiplex hero in Bollywood - Dil Chahta Hai, Hum Tum, Salaam Namaste, Kal Ho Na Ho

I haven't watched many of his critically acclaimed movies so many of his top perfomance might not be in my top 10 list. Here is my ranking:

1) Saif as Udaybhan (Tanhaji The Unsung Warrior)

2) Saif as Ronnie (Race)

3) Saif as Shakun Kothari (Bazaar)

4) Saif as Deepak Kumar (Arakshan)

5) Saif as Sameer mulchandani (Dil Chahta Hai)

6) Saif as Jai/Veer Singh (Love Aaj Kal)

7) Saif as Rohit Patel (Kal Ho Na Ho)

8) Saif as Karan (Hum Tum)

9) Saif as Vinod (Hum Saath Saath Hain)

10) Saif as Gautam (Cocktail)

Nice ranking! I guess for me Love Aaj Kal, the magic was with him playing veer. As Jai I felt he was too old. but the Veer in the Kal portion was amazing!

mad for Aarakshan, maybe coz I was expecting him to be super amazing I was not that impressed? 

Saif is probably one of the few actors who has the skillful bandwidth to fit in anything from rom-coms, comedy, goofball to a proper villain, while commanding both "class" and "mass", so to speak. 

It's fun to watch him in movies despite how underrated he has been all along compared to the talentless "mass" pleasers who are glorified all the time for their below average performances. 

Some of my favorites:

Ek Hasina Thi 

Dil Chahta Hai

Cocktail

Sorry, can't think of much else off the top of my head but I'm sure there are plenty of other movies too.

Haven't watched Omkara but I avoid most of the periodical SJB types or dark/tragic themes, so that's that. 

Edited by big4accountant - 3 years ago

Ill pick 5 where movies I really liked him. Omkara, HSSH, Dil Chahta Hai, Hum Tum and  Kaache Daage 

How about NONE? A failed actor from the 90s who has received lots of films even though his films barely bring in money.Also, he's intellctually dishonest. He needs to be called out on his euguenic bullshit. 

Originally posted by big4accountant

Saif is probably one of the few actors who has the skillful bandwidth to fit in anything from rom-coms, comedy, goofball to a proper villain, while commanding both "class" and "mass", so to speak. 

It's fun to watch him in movies despite how underrated he has been all along compared to the talentless "mass" pleasers who are glorified all the time for their below average performances. 

Some of my favorites:

Ek Hasina Thi 

Dil Chahta Hai

Cocktail

Sorry, can't think of much else off the top of my head but I'm sure there are plenty of other movies too.

Haven't watched Omkara but I avoid most of the periodical SJB types or dark/tragic themes, so that's that. 

Have you seen Bazaar? That’s more commercial and not really dark themed.

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Ill pick 5 where movies I really liked him. Omkara, HSSH, Dil Chahta Hai, Hum Tum and  Kaache Daage 

I haven’t seen Kache Dhage but generally assumed that Saif’s great performances all occurs post dim chahta hai. I did enjoy his goofiness in Main Khiladi Tu Anari

Edited by desigal90 - 3 years ago

1. Ishwar "Langda" Tyagi

2. Ranvir "Ronnie" Singh

3. Ranvir "Ronnie" Singh

4. Karan Singh Rathod

5. Sameer Mulchandni

6. Yudi Jaitely / Yogi

7. Boris

8. Gossain

9. Nikhil "Nick" Arora

10. Deepak Kumar

Originally posted by Radhe2712

1. Ishwar "Langda" Tyagi

2. Ranvir "Ronnie" Singh

3. Ranvir "Ronnie" Singh

4. Karan Singh Rathod

5. Sameer Mulchandni

6. Yudi Jaitely / Yogi

7. Boris

8. Gossain

9. Nikhil "Nick" Arora

10. Deepak Kumar

Ok Sameer, you have to help me out here, lol!

1) Omkara

2) and 3) Race

4) Ek Hasina Thi

5) Dil Chahta hai

6) Happy ending

7) Go Goa Gone

8)Lal Kaptaan

9) Salaam Namate

10) Deepak Kumar...?