Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Why South industry is still better despite existing nepotism?

sweet_chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Even with actors like Naga Chaitanya, Dagubatti, Dulquer Salmaan(my fav) .. The industry still give newcomers the chance to flourish... There is more preference to talent .. Have you seen malayalam movies.. There are such amazing movies that can be Oscar worthy... 

And hnestly I find South nepo kids a lot humble then Bollywood Wala's..

I remember watching the roundtable discussion with Deepika, Alia, Ranveer, Manoj Bajpai , Vijay D, Vijay S, Parvathy... My goodness.. The body language of the South actors (also manoj Bajpai) was so different and humble... 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheAquaCapri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

If you talk about Tollywood, the entire industry thrives on nepotism at-least. There are 5 influential families and their kids/grand kids and Nephews are all over the place. Most of the mainstream tolly actors like Mahesh Babu, Prabhas, Allu Arjun, Ram Charan, Junior NTR, Rana and the likes are all products of nepotism. While most of the actresses are either North or Malyalam/tamil imports.

tamil_nalan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

In the South industries there is a lot, a lot of nepotism too. But I can only talk about tamil industry because it it the only industry I follow regularly.

The insider have it easier to enter the industry. But if the public don’t like them they don’t like them. There are lot of actors who entered through nepotism and who have failed big time.

They might get the First Film due to the influence of their family but after that they are on their own. 

and most importantly the insider-actors who are now big don’t bully the outsiders. If the Outsiders are good they are appreciated by the insiders. 
I never heard that an insider actor tried to take away somebody else works. And it isn’t impossible to enter the film industries being an outsider. 

The south industries have a lot of fault. But bullying an outsider isn’t one of the fault.

at the end of the day the success of an actress/actor no matter if insider or outsider lays by the public. In the South the public make or break a star.

Edited by tamil_nalan - 3 years ago
colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

South Indian movie industry is the worst. All the top actors are relative of some popular male actor. Female actors are the biggest flower pot of the century. South Indian movies can be made without any female actor as these ladies have negligible role.

An average dark skinned south woman cannot be a female lead. It is only for fair skinned ladies.

rainbow2017 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

There is a culture of live and let live in the south film industry. And even the star kids who have made it big in Tollywood have done it by proving their talent and popularity among the masses again and again. They have no done it by playing games with outsiders and creating conditions where no one else but they can thrive. Being the son of a producer will certainly get you an easy entry into the industry, but that will not stop an actor who is better than you from succeeding, even if he is a rank outsider. This is not the case with the hindi film industry at all.

Also, most south actors come across as genuinely decent human beings or in the very least, they always keep a rather humble front and do not boast about their privileged lifestyle or background to the rest of the world. Just look at Rajnikant, no other actor has the kind of crazy, devoted fan following as this man has had for decades...but he still comes as so unaffected and truly humble. Almost, all south stars are more or less similar. They keep themselves in the news for their work and almost, always keep their personal and professional life separate.

Contrast this to bollywood, where you have obnoxious star kids, who start painting themselves as the best thing since sliced bread even before their first release. Not to mention selling their real and fake relationships to keep themselves in the news constantly. That is why bolly stars gain popularity, but never earn the respect of its audience.

Morty thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheAquaCapri

If you talk about Tollywood, the entire industry thrives on nepotism at-least. There are 5 influential families and their kids/grand kids and Nephews are all over the place. Most of the mainstream tolly actors like Mahesh Babu, Prabhas, Allu Arjun, Ram Charan, Junior NTR, Rana and the likes are all products of nepotism. While most of the actresses are either North or Malyalam/tamil imports.

I didnt know that mahesh babu was star kid

Enigma24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Morty

his father krishna was the biggest superstar of his times. Did a lot of unique movies and mahesh babu was a part of his father's movies as a kid. 

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Another point, the concept of PR , promotions and publicity dosent exist on as large scale. South actors barely give out 2-3 interviews before the film releases. They give a speech addressing their fans during the music launch. But rest openings and all are up to trailer response and film genre. 

Some like Vijay, Ajith barely talk in public, let alone promotions. They don’t promote their film apart from maybe tweeting the poster and trailers. The don’t usually go to malls, tv shows, reality shows etc.  to promote. 
so ppl perhaps don’t feel like the stars are being rubbed into the audience’s faces. 
They r less in-ur-face. And barely talk abt their private life if ever. Like Sam and chay only started talking after they got engaged. 

TheAquaCapri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Yes his father yesteryear actor Krishna was a tollywood superstar.

AB_RB thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This is a biggest example why those industries is still better than Bollywood. I didn't know Mahesh is a star kid too until recently. 

He proved himself and become more popular that right now it is more known that Krishna is superstar Mahesh's father than the other way around. 

The biggest reason is they are not insecure and believed in themselves that everyone who has talent can survive in these vast industries.