~|Winds of Change|~ #2 #PreRishFF [Chap19:PG52]

Posted: 3 years ago

Credit-Wistfulness [THANK YOU smiley31]

Hi Fellas, 

Welcome to Thread #2 of Winds of Change. I was unable to change the index and previous posts so I opened a new thread for my future chapters. For those who are a little shocked with the change in my ID its because this is my original ID and it was deactivated because I wasn't active for a couple years. Finally, I got it back so now I had to give up my new ID. I know its quite complicated but basically, its still me, Manjari🤣 

DISCLAIMER: This is a PreRish version of the show. I do not wish to offend any AnuPre fans. This is just my version of how KZK2 could proceed. I have nothing against any couple/character and I do not intend to hurt anyone. 

Edited by GulaabiAakhein. - 3 years ago

Chapter 14: Daddy's Daughter

Prerna paced nervously outside the ICU waiting for the doctor to come back with news on Rishabh’s health. Sneha sat on the chairs and prayed silently for her father’s speedy recovery. Anurag sat next to her just blankly looking at the child. His heart ached as he watched the two people who were the most important in his life worry for another man. 

“Prerna!” Kukki called out from the other end of the corridor. She rushed towards Prerna with tears running down her eyes.  

Prerna threw her hands around Kukki and hugged her tightly. Hugging Kukki gave her some sense of peace. Kukki hugged her too, she could hear Prerna’s heart racing. “Prerna, dad?” Kukki asked, she had become numb when she heard that Rishabh was in the hospital. “You’re shivering, Kukki!” Prerna said, stroking her back trying to calm her down.. She wanted to be strong for her kids but it was becoming more and more difficult. Seeing Rishabh covered in blood had really scared her. Prerna gulped. She couldn’t be weak, not now. “Mr. Bajaj ko kuch nahi hoga,” Prerna reassured Kukki.

“Yeh sab kese hua?” Kukki asked, her tears still streaming down her cheeks. “Dad kaha hai?”

Prerna explained everything to Kukki how Sneha was kidnapped by Komolika and Mr. Bajaj got hurt trying to protect her from goons.

â€œBut why does this lady want to hurt Sneha?” she asked.

Prerna looked towards Anurag. She didn’t want to get into all of this in public. This was the reason she had told Mr. Bajaj that they should just leave the country. 

Kukki looked at Anurag who stared right back at her. Kukki didn’t understand what Prerna was indicating. What was this man even doing here? She had more questions now. She remembered the conversation she had with Rishabh that night when he was upset. He had said that Prerna always loved someone else - Anurag. Sneha was Anurag’s child. So did her father get hurt because of Anurag? Are Prerna and Anurag still in love? She couldn’t fathom what was happening and her palpitations were just increasing.

â€œBolo na Prerna!” Kukki questioned Prerna. 

Prerna couldn’t say a word. Sneha was sitting right there, how would she explain to Kukki why Komolika wanted to hurt Sneha? When Prerna couldn’t answer Kukki went up to Anurag, “Aapki wife hai na woh? Answer me! Ku kiya usne esa?” Kukki asked, anger spilling out looking at his face. This was the man because of whom her father was deprived of love. 

"Koi mujhe jawab do!" She shouted.

Her dad was suffering inside in the ICU and no one was telling her why this was all happening! This was really frustrating her. Emotional havoc and unclarity were not a very good combination for a young immature girl.

Anurag looked up at Prerna, unsure of what to say. Prerna tried to calm her down. “Kukki, we will talk about this, yeh sahi time nahi hai.” 

“Nahi Prerna!” Kukki insisted, “Mujhe jaanna hai ki dad ander ICU mein ku hai! Ku Mr. Anurag Basu ki wife Sneha ko hurt karna--” And she stopped.”Wait a minute!” Kukki realised why. Her mind did the math and drew the conclusion. 

“Yeh sab isliye toh nahi ku ki Sneha Anurag Basu ki beti hai?” She asked, now more angry than before. Prerna’s eyes widened, she couldn’t believe that Kukki had just said those words out loud.

“Aur Komolika ko pata chal gaya ki you still love Anurag?” Kukki questioned. Prerna couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She never expected Kukki would say these things to her. 

â€œKukki!” Prerna said sternly.

Sneha, who was already in trauma, couldn’t believe what she had heard. She sat there unmoved listening to Kukki. Tears started falling out of her tired eyes again

Prerna scolded Kukki as she went to hold Sneha. “Tum nahi jaanti tum kya keh rahi ho!”

Kukki ignored Prerna and spoke to Anurag directly. “Sahi kaha maine right?” Anurag looked at Sneha too. He felt upset at Sneha’s reaction but didn’t say anything. "Why are you even here?"

Sneha hugged Prerna and burst out crying. “Mumma, Kukki di kya keh rahi hai? Main toh apne papa ki beti hu fir woh ku mujhe iss uncle ki beti keh rahi hai?” 

“Shh,” Prerna said, stroking Sneha’s back. “Aap apne papa ki beti ho, Kukki di bas pareshaan hai.” Prerna whispered to Sneha. Tears escaped her eyes but she tried to hold herself together. 

Kukki wanted answers and she wasn’t going to back down. At this moment she was Rishabh Bajaj’s daughter and she wanted to know what her father had done to deserve all this suffering in his life. But before she could say more the doctor came outside to update Prerna. 

“Mr. Bajaj is still unconscious. He has lost a lot of blood. We have started blood transfusion but until he wakes up it's difficult to say anything.” He announced. 

Prerna’s heart skipped a beat. “Doctor, nothing to worry I hope?” she asked. 

“Doctor, dad thik toh ho jayenge?” Kukki asked. 

“Dekhiye, we have to wait and watch. He is badly bruised as well, internal injuries ho sakti hai shayad. We need more time.” He said turning to the nurse to give further instructions. 

Kukki’s tears started pouring out again hearing that her father was badly bruised. She could only imagine how the goons would have beaten Rishabh up. Suddenly she was filled with anger towards Prerna. She looked at Sneha who was still crying clinging on to Prerna. She would have screamed but she controlled herself. She needed to calm down. Kukki walked away. This was the only way she knew to keep her sanity. So many thoughts flooded her mind, she needed some air. 

Prerna was worried about Kukki. She knew how much Kukki loved her father and it would be difficult for anyone to be in the position Kukki was. She struggled to decide which daughter needed her more at this point. Sneha was clearly in shock with everything she had seen and Kukki was emotionally troubled about her father being in the ICU. She wanted to explain to Kukki why all of this happened and how she wanted to go away from all this forever but she couldn’t leave Sneha like this, alone. 

Anurag moved towards Sneha when Prerna raised her hand to stop him. “Anurag, thank you for helping us, but I think you should leave now.” she stated. She wished she had said this earlier then she would have saved Sneha from listening to all this. 

Anurag thought he would feel bad, ofcourse, but strangely it didn’t hurt anymore. He was already numb with so much pain that now nothing mattered. His love wasn’t his anymore, his child didn’t need him, clearly and he was nothing but an outsider sitting in the hospital. He turned around and slowly walked away, not even turning around to see his daughter again, maybe one last time? 

Prerna consoled her daughter. Sneha couldn’t stop crying. She had had a long day and her brain couldn’t process all of it. She soon cried herself to sleep. Prerna sent Sneha home to Veena with the driver. She called Veena and updated her about everything that happened. Veena was deeply troubled listening to her daughter’s woes but tried to be there for her. She told Prerna to take care of Rishabh and not worry about Sneha. She would be with Sneha the whole time. 

Prerna cut the call and started to look for Kukki. She stood outside the hospital trying to call Kukki but she kept cutting the line. Prerna knew Kukki was hurt and she just wanted to be there for her, but how could she do that when Kukki wouldn’t even answer her calls. 

Prerna was about to head back inside when she saw Kukki sitting on a bench outside the hospital with her hands covering her face. Prerna walked up to her. She was tired of the emotional roller coaster this day had proved to be, while still carrying the fear of Mr. Bajaj’s health. 

She sat down next to Kukki and placed an arm around her. Kukki sat up and looked at the woman she considered her mother. 

“Ku kiya tumne dad ke saath esa?” she asked angrily. There were no tears in those eyes, just questions and anger. 

Prerna was stunned at the ferocity with which Kukki questioned her. 

“Kya matlab?” 

“Kisne haq diya tumhe unki life spoil karne ka? Jab Anurag se pyar karti ho toh ku ki dad se shaadi?” 

Prerna’s heart sank. She was tired and had no energy to explain to Kukki that all this was in the past. “Kukki main jaanti hu ki tum Mr. Bajaj ke liye pareshan ho, isliye yeh sab keh rahi ho. Please sambhalo apne aap ko.” Prerna said, extending her hand to wrap around Kukki when she sprang up. 

“Haan! Main dad ke liye pareshaan hu!” She said, accepting her stance, “Ku ki har baar woh hum sabke liye bina kuch kahe sab karte hai. Apni sadness and loneliness kisi ke saath nahi share karte. Tumhe duniya ki har khushi dena chahte hai no matter uske badle unhe kitna dard ho! Par unke liye kaun kuch karta hai? Kaun sochta hai unke baare mein?” Kukki said in a harsh tone. 

“Aur tum?” she said in a disappointed tone. “I am sorry Prerna but you don’t deserve him!” she stated boldly. Prerna was deeply hurt by Kukki’s harsh words but she didn’t say anything. 

“I know tumne mere liye bohot kuch kiya hai. I am grateful for that but tum kabhi dad ko nahi samajh paayi. Aur aaj yeh jo kuch bhi hua hai tumhare aur Anurag ke wajah se hua hai! Jab ek dusre se dur reh nahi sakte toh ku aur logo ki lives kharab ki! Maine dekha hai dad ko jab hum London mein the. Tum jab raat ko der tak ghar nahi aati thi woh so nahi paate the. Jab tumhari tabyat kharab hoti thi toh tumhare room ke bahar couch pe sote the. Jab tum roti thi tab unke aakhon mein bhi aasu dekhe hai maine! Jab bhi tum dinner nahi karti thi woh bhi kuch nahi khaate the. Aur tumne kabhi unki taraf dekha hi nahi? It’s like he just never mattered to you only. Married hone ke baad bhi woh aajtak akele hai!” Kukki vented out all her frustration. 

Hearing all of it brought tears to Prerna’s eyes. She knew that she hadn’t been a good wife to Mr. Bajaj but hearing this from Kukki hurt her to another level.  She wished she could change those times but when has anyone been able to do that? 

Kukki wiped her tears and gathered her emotions. “Agar dad ko kuch bhi hua na, main tumhe kabhi maaf nahi karungi.” Kukki said, leaving Prerna with a lot of guilt. Kukki might have said all the hurtful things in anger but she wasn’t completely wrong. Who gave Prerna the right to marry Rishabh and still keep Anurag in her heart? Who gave her the right to receive so much from him and not give him any love in return? How could she be so blind in her revenge to not see what she had and completely overlooked? She wished she would get a chance to be there for Mr. Bajaj the way he was there for her.

Rishabh’s eyes fluttered open. “Prerna?” he muttered. The doctor checked his pulse again. 

“Mr. Bajaj, aap hospital mein hai, I’m Dr. Singh.” He introduced himself. 

Rishabh looked around. He recalled all the events of the day and tried to sit up. “Ouch!” he roared as he fell back in bed. 

“Please Mr. Bajaj, keep lying down. You have multiple  hairline fractures on your ribs and also many cuts and bruises on your back.” The doctor informed him.

“Can I meet my wife?” he grunted. He needed to make sure Prerna and Sneha were fine. 

“Yes, ofcourse, we will just do a basic check and shift you to your room. Further tests can be done from there.” he said. 

Rishabh didn’t want to wait to get checked. “Doctor, I need to speak to my wife, it’s urgent.” he said, giving the doctor a fierce look. “Please shift me to the room and then do whatever check you want.” he declared.

The doctor was hesitant but nodded under pressure. “Okay, nurse, shift him to his room and tell Mrs. Bajaj she can meet him.” he said leaving the room.

Kukki & Prerna were both delighted to hear that Rishabh was awake. Prerna folded her hands and thanked Durga Maa while Kukki ran to the room Rishabh would be brought too. 

Prerna followed Kukki to the room. Kukki and Prerna waited uncomfortably for Rishabh to arrive. They didn’t have anything to say to each other and for the first time in all these years, Kukki had been rude to Prerna. As Rishabh was wheeled in by the nurse, Kukki looked at her father’s bandaged chest and bruised face. Her eyes brimmed with tears as she held Rishabh’s hand. “Dad, how are you?” she asked, her voice breaking in between. “I’m absolutely okay.” he said with a small smile. He squeezed Kukki’s hand to reassure her. Prerna walked over to the other side and gave Rishabh a weak smile. “Sneha kesi hai?” he asked, looking at Prerna. He was worried about the little girl. She had seen too much at such a young age.

“Thik hai, maa ke paas hai, ghar pe.” she said. 

Rishabh nodded. “Aur aap?” he asked. 

“Aapko iss waqt bhi meri fikr hai?” Prerna asked unbelievably. “Aapki haalat dekhiye.” she said sobbing softly. Rishabh’s head was bandaged. There was a plaster around his chest and she could see bruises on his cheek and neck. 

Rishabh held her hand and looked at both Kukki and Prerna. “I’m fine! Both of you, stop crying.” he said. Both Prerna and Kukki wiped their tears and gave Rishabh a smile, but he could feel the tension in the air. Something was off. 

“Did I miss something?” he asked frankly. 

Kukki was about to say something when Prerna intervened, “Bilkul nahi.” she said, looking at Kukki. She didn’t want Rishabh to take any kind of stress about what Kukki had told her or Sneha. “Bas sab aapke liye pareshaan the.” she added. 

“Aur ab kisi ko pareshaan hone ki zarwat nahi hai.” Rishabh declared. “Main bilkul thik hu. Aur maine yeh decide kiya hai ki we will fly to London within a week.” 

Kukki knotted her eyebrow, “Par ku dad?” 

“Mr. Bajaj, abhi aapki health important hai, baaki everything can wait!” Prerna also said. 

“We are going, and that’s final.” Rishabh asserted. “Main iss topic pe aur kuch nahi sununga.” he added looking at both the ladies. 

“Aap har baat pe ku zidd karte ho?” Prerna said, knotting her eyebrows. “Koi kahi nahi jaa raha jab tak aap thik nahi ho jaate.” 

Rishabh didn’t understand why Prerna was so annoyed. This is how he generally behaved. Was she really worried about him? He let his heart believe that for a moment. Rishabh wanted to argue with Prerna but before he could say anything Kukki said, “Dad aapko rest ki zarwat hai. Yeh sab baate hum baad mein kar lenge.”

Kukki still didn’t understand why they had to leave. She liked Kolkata so much more than London. She had settled well here. Prerna was just worried about Rishabh’s health. Seeing him in this condition had only made her feel more guilty. She didn’t want to argue with Rishabh now but she wouldn’t let him do anything that would compromise his treatment. 

The doctor came in and asked, “Are you happy now? Mr. Bajaj didn’t let me do a basic check also when he gained consciousness. He insisted he wanted to meet his wife first.” he chuckled. A small smile formed on Prerna’s lips too. 

Rishabh glared at the doctor with a straight face. The doctor straightened his face and focussed on his work. Kukki knew that Rishabh must have been worried about Sneha & Prerna as usual. She looked directly at Prerna trying to tell her to see how worried Rishabh was, even in his present state, about her and Sneha. Prerna understood what Kukki was trying to say, afterall she was Kukki’s mother. 

The doctor did a basic check up and announced that chances of internal bleeding was minimum and that Mr. Bajaj would have to be on bed rest for at least 3 weeks for all his fractures to heal. He prescribed a bunch of tests and a lot of pain killers. He would have to stay in the hospital for at least a week. 

No way am I staying here for a week, 2 days max. Rishabh thought. 

Mr. Bajaj jab tak poori tarah se thik nahi ho jaate hum kahi nahi jaa rahe! Prerna decided. 

Ab main Kolkata mein aur nahi ruk sakta. Prerna was right, we need to move to London immediately. I can’t risk my family’s lives. Rishabh was firm in his decision too.

Dad deserves to be happy! Kukki thought. With or without Prerna.  

Do leave your comments behind🤗 

Love,

Manjari

Edited by GulaabiAakhein. - 3 years ago

THIS UPDATE DESERVES A BLOODY STANDING OVATION!!! 

Edited by Niyati_T - 3 years ago

Click-Bait mila yea Image 

no signs of update 

Edited by WaqtZaya - 3 years ago

Originally posted by WaqtZaya

Click-Bait mila yea Image 

no signs of update 

Title update kar diya. Chapter nahi dala đŸ¤”

Hume misguide kiya gaya đŸ¤”