Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

systematic dismantling of a fragile mind - Abhishek Kapoor ( Director) - Page 2

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

This argument that Dhoni the film worked due to Dhoni the cricketer is stupid AF. There was a film made on Tendulkar too, starring the man himself. How many watched it?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ekaanek100 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

This content was originally posted by: ponymo

This argument that Dhoni the film worked due to Dhoni the cricketer is stupid AF. There was a film made on Tendulkar too, starring the man himself. How many watched it?

Exactly my point .. and infact Sachin has more fans than any other cricketer. Sanju worked because of Ranbir's acting but Dhoni worked coz of Dhoni.. This came from the insiders of the industry. DHoni was such a brilliant film.. from all aspects.. Acting being top notch.. Every expression...speaking style.. body language.. tha gem.. cricket..everything was done to the T. Its not like he just came and kept blinking just to portray he is Dhoni.. The final shot was so brilliantly done.. And since I follow Dhoni .. I know no one could have played him better ever.. And now even the cricketers his trainers are coming up to say how much hard work went in .. in even playing the game.. That movie was dream. And these people had the guts to say it was because of Dhoni.. Rubbish

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

He speaks about how validation is a generated program, it does not come organically in the industry. That is an eye opener and not a good sign at all.

Even on Dhoni's success, it was attributed to Dhoni and not him by the industry insider, that's what they said. 

Poor guy did not give validation for his amazing work as Dhoni, no awards nor validation from industry people 

Dhoni looks so much better than the actor who plays him..#fact

— Rajat Kapoor (@mrrajatkapoor) September 29, 2016

I Slogged a bit extra on my skills to compensate. If you get interested in that,pls do watch the film sir:) #fact https://t.co/bfpM8vyk21

— Sushant Singh Rajput (@itsSSR) October 12, 2016

This is just part of what he faced.

He also said in the video to give an insight into SSR that the film premiere happened and the movie released at the same time, No one clapped at the premiere but everyone did in the public who watched, but SSR would feel dejected that the validation from the industry didn't come, he was constantly seeking that.

Abishek says if you don't give the sun to a flower, it will wilt. That is how he felt, he sought validation from this cruel industry who wont give  it to you because of their agenda to promote others more

Edited by tina59 - 3 years ago
GumGum thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: ponymo

Wasn't it the same for Sanju too? People said it worked because of Hirani and controversial superstar Sanjay Dutt. That debate will always be there coz there is some truth to it.

The difference between Dhoni and Sanju is, Sushant didn't get any validation, made secret enemies for giving a mass hit instead, whereas Ranbir got Filmfare and industry's pat on his back. No matter what you say about Filmfare, it shuts all the negative talks when you get it. Hence some celebs lobby hard for it, starkids buy it.

Edited by zoinks - 3 years ago
Twinklingmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

This is most real take on who sushant was. 

Having worked with him for two films and how he expressed sushant I totally buy his take. 

Ekaanek100 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

This content was originally posted by: zoinks

Wasn't it the same for Sanju too? People said it worked because of Hirani and controversial superstar Sanjay Dutt. That debate will always be there coz there is some truth to it.

The difference between Dhoni and Sanju is, Sushant didn't get any validation, made secret enemies for giving a mass hit instead whereas Ranbir got Filmfare and industry's pat on his back. No matter what you say about Filmfare, it shuts all the negative talks when you get it. Hence some celebs lobby hard for it, starkids buy it.

For Sanju the audience said so. Industry gave credit to Ranbir. For MS audience gave credit to Sushant.. just the audience.

Ennuyi thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: LiveEatLove

"It's a systematic dismantling of a fragile mind. Sushant was brilliant, he was an engineer, he was into astrophysics and quantum physics. But because we couldn't box him into stereotypes we called him 'off'. He was off, just off your radar. There's this thing that if you're not like us then you can't be with us. There are so many camps that if you're not part of a camp, even if you're in the middle of a room, you will be ignored. It is true, especially for actors. I, as a filmmaker, can isolate myself. I can warn a young actor but he cannot see it at the time because the lights are so bright. You lose yourself."

This hurt 😭😭

I think initially Sushant did try to fit in, tried to mingle with the club, but he was just not like them..he probably got bored with small talk and gossips and later stopped trying. 

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

All our anger is justified from what I saw in this interview ( Video), he sought validation and all the slandering affected him a lot.

He did not win any award for Dhoni or any of his movies, he sought validation and he was called "off" by industry insiders as he did not fir into the stereotype box. 

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: zoinks

The difference between Dhoni and Sanju is, Sushant didn't get any validation, made secret enemies for giving a mass hit instead, whereas Ranbir got Filmfare and industry's pat on his back. No matter what you say about Filmfare, it shuts all the negative talks when you get it. Hence some celebs lobby hard for it, starkids buy it.

True. It would be dishonest to say Dhoni himself wasn't a factor in the movie's success. Like, if today a movie is made on Virat's life, no matter what anyone says, he's really the number reason for people to watch it. But for a movie to be as successful as MSD which made 200 crores, just brand name couldn't have worked. If Sushant's performance was shit, the movie would have been trashed and trolled at an unprecedented level. He did contribute to its success. If Dhoni brought people to the theatres, Sushant made them stay. 

anubolly thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Its getting more hurtful isn't it.

People should take a stand and make sure it will not happen from this moment on.