Ek Duje Ke Vaaste 2

SuVan OS- Lost In You

Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

I am back with an OS guys! And the good thing is that it isn't based on any T-Swift songπŸ˜†

This one is going to be dramatic and tooooooooo much of slo-moπŸ˜†

Black Chancery +

Suman was attending a wedding of her friend Nikhil. Nikhil was basically Kanchan's best friend, Kanchan was initially going to attend the marriage ceremony but couldn't so she sent Suman instead of her. Suman at first was hesitant on attending as she the only person she would know there was the groom but somehow Kanchan managed to send her.

When she reached the venue she saw Devraj and Kavita too attending it. She ignored them due to the differences and problems which occurred years ago.She started thinking about Shravan and felt that he might have settled in USA as he wished to until he met her. But after them separating he might have achieved his earlier dream of only enjoying life. He must have found a beautiful partner who supported him in his decisions. Maybe he was married and had turned into a doting husband the one she always thought he would be for her. She brushed away her thoughts and sat on the chair nearby adjusting her dupatta. She was wearing a baby pink anarkali with golden design. She loved wearing them once in a while, every time she wore them she would receive huge amount of compliments but today no one present was even talking to her. She could hear some women discuss if they knew about her, whether she was single and eligible for marrying their sons. Suman just wanted company and was feeling completely left out but hearing the talks she preferred solitude.She looked at the pandal, it  was decorated with roses and small glass hangings. It looked very elegant. The pandit was already sitting over there ready with the holy fire! Her brain did a small rewind

*Flashback*

Suman and Shravan were seating under a tree in a lonely park. Practically Suman was the one sitting while Shravan kept his head on her lap. He was reading a romantic novel whereas Suman was reading some general knowledge book. Suddenly Shravan closed his as well as Suman's book, "How do you expect our wedding to be?" Suman stroked his hair and spoke, "I want it to be the best one. I don't want a big fat wedding but a simple yet beautiful one.Our closed ones should be the only ones attending it. We can keep a grand reception later for all relatives. I don't want to miss even a single moment of the blissful day! How amazing will be it when we will take the pheras. I'll be leading the first 4 ones and then you will lead the last three. Everyone will be showering their blessings on us in the form of petals. Our fates will be intervened forever." Shravan smiled at her and got up, "I am the one who has started reading romantic novels but you seem to be affected by them." Suman hit his forehead lightly and said, "I never thought of this things before you entered my life. Whenever I am with you I get to discover my own new side. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me." Shravan nodded, "I agree! We both are getting to see our different sides because of each other. It's great! And don't worry all your wishes will be fulfilled Your Highness" Shravan gave her a small salute by the end. Suman shook her head at his childish behavior and spoke, "I will be the luckiest bride in the whole wide world. Because my both houses are adjacent and we will turn them into one! Let's actually remove the wall separating our homes, shall we?" Shravan nodded at her statement with a smile and returned back to reading his book.

*Flashback ends*

Suman gave a wry smile thinking about how they both had planned their future and not a single thing was possible now! Everyone was waiting for the wedding to start but the bride was waiting for her brother to arrive. The bride's brother was in army and was hopefully going to return from some mission. The time for muhrat was running and the groom's family was asking the guests to relax. Suman felt happy for the bride seeing the fact that the groom's side wasn't pestering the bride to complete the rituals, instead were being patient and supporting the bride in her decision.

Suman was scrolling through the news on her mobile when she heard that the bride's brother had arrived. As Suman tried getting up like others to have a look at him her dupatta got stuck in the chair. She could hear the bride squeal, "Bhaiiii!!!" The voice felt familiar to Suman. She left her dupatta and stood up. She looked at the direction of the voice and was surprised to see a familiar face, Avni to be specific, running in her direction. Suman quickly turned away to have a look at the brother. She could see a man clad in army uniform entering the hall. His face was slowly turning visible, Suman was astonished to see her best-friend, ex-boyfriend, the love of her life Shravan Malhotra. She blinked twice when she saw Shravan smile at her, no no smile at Avni. Never in her wildest dreams had she dreamed that Shravan would join the army. Shravan hugged Avni and asked her to go and seat in the pandal. Nikhil then ran near Shravan and hugged him. Nikhil said, "I knew you were going complete the mission and be on time on bro!" Shravan smiled at him, "How could I let my sister go away easily? I have to be there to make sure that the person she is marrying is capable enough to handle this tornado!" They both laughed at it. Suman could hear some girls speak, "He is so handsome! He is so cool" As she was about to turn she realised that she was standing in the middle of the entrance path, everyone else had moved away from the path while her dupatta was still stuck in the chair. As she was about remove it she heard some steps approaching her, she raised her head to find Shravan approaching her, yes it was him actually approaching her. As he was approaching her a million thoughts ran through Suman's mind. She observed that the uniform truly suited him as if it was made for him, only him. His palm was bandaged maybe he injured himself during the mission. His hair were very short unlike the ones she was used to. His shoulder held the national emblem insignia speaking that he was a Major. His chest held his medals with pride. He nowhere seemed like the impish teenage Shravan except for the face. It was tanned but still handsome and held a soft look, for her? Maybe yes, maybe no! As Suman was thinking of all the changes in him she felt something pull her. She startled, closed her eyes and came a step back only to crash into Shravan. Shravan within a second secured his arms around her even though she wasn't going to fall. Both of them could feel the warmth their bodies radiated even through the fabrics Suman felt the familiar touch and slowly opened her eyes to meet the eyes she was most familiar with, the same dark brown eyes in which she used to drown herself. She could easily see the care, affection his eyes held. Realizing their intimate position Suman quickly straightened up! She looked at him with a questioning gaze to which Shravan showed her dupatta. "I just removed your removed your dupatta which was stuck in between the chair, Miss" Suman realized that she felt the jerk because of his quick motion and felt embarrassed for first of all being in her own world and secondly questioning him. She breathed a small thank you and was about to take the dupatta from his hand when their fingers brushed. Both of them felt electricity rush through their bodies. Suman could feel his cold fingers and bandaged palm while Shravan found comfort in her warm fingers. Suman slowly took the dupatta from his hand letting the feeling sink in. Shravan heard his mother call him and went past Suman like a gust of wind. Suman turned away in his direction too see his tall figure fade in the crowd. She giggled humorlessly thinking how even in a hall filled with hundreds of people she found his eyes to be her solace, how his touch still affected her, how she knew no one but him but wasn't sure if she knew the new him. 

After 10 minutes she found him come out of the room adjacent to the hall. Shravan was wearing a burgundy sherwani. He looked as if he just stepped out from some magazine cover. The sherwani fit like a second skin to him highlighting his well toned body! The burgundy colour was a complete contrast to her baby pink anarkali. She thought that their clothes too resembled their contrast behaviour. She could hear everyone heaping praises for him, he truly was a gift of god! Suman stood rooted at her place observing him and his actions. Shravan's gaze too started wandering in the crowd until it found her. Her eyes met his, unlike the time before she couldn't read his eyes this time. Maybe he was caught unaware and let his emotions take control some minutes ago. The expressive eyes were filled with void now. Unlike some time before her eyes were soft now, Shravan couldn't decipher what did they hold? Love or guilt or anger? Maybe the distance between them had hindered his ability to read her eyes. In the crowded room two souls were busy trying to peep in the other ones heart. As a lady carrying a huge plate of sweets was about to crash Suman, Shravan's eyes widened and Suman was quick to notice the sudden change and turned away. She was about to crash the plate of sweets but held the plate from falling. The lady murmured a sorry and went away. Suman thought that accidents were bound to happen with Shravan re-entering her life but the only difference from their school time was that they knew to tackle problems together now. When the lady left Suman started searching for Shravan again but he was nowhere to be found,  maybe he went again just like years before when they broke up.

The wedding rituals were completed and as everyone was wishing the couple Suman too wished them happy married life slightly avoiding Avni. Nikhil asked her to attend the reception later at night. Suman nodded at him and posed for a photo alongside the couple seated on royal chairs. She felt someone staring at her and looked at the figure beside Avni. It was Shravan, he reappeared again like a magician, her magician.The photographer clicked a photo with them staring at each other. He asked them to face the camera instead of looking at each other. Avni coughed listening to the photographer's taunt and both of them felt embarrassed, blush crept up their respective faces. 

Suman wasn't going to the reception earlier but a certain man completely changed her thoughts now and she didn't want to miss the chance. She didn't care about the unknown faces anymore and was happy to find the route to her house again.

______

That's it guys! I know it feels short to be called an OS but let it be, It was originally going to be a drabble but I couldn't even fit the start in 100 wordsπŸ˜† Sorry for the unnecessary details and slo-mo movements. 

Feedback is always welcome!😳

Do you guys think I should write the reception part too? 

And yes most importantly pls lend me a title for this one!

The one who comes up with a title first will be given first priorityπŸ˜†.

Edited by Pranushka_723 - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

The anarkali I thought is like this-

And the burgundy sherwani is like this-

Bucky thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Wow! This was bewitchingly captured. I loved the whole setup of the story!😳

I'm imagining Mohit in the sherwani now and damn will he completely own it! 

Kudos to you for writing such an adorable piece between your busy hours!πŸ‘πŸΌ 

If I had to be honest I felt this part perfectly summed it up and kinda left that anxious/mysterious touch to the story at the end. It feels full and complete and perfect on its own! But hey you should totally write if you have an interesting follow up! I'd love to read that too!πŸ˜‰

Umm how bout the title Lost in You?

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Bucky

Wow! This was bewitchingly captured. I loved the whole setup of the story!😳

I'm imagining Mohit in the sherwani now and damn will he completely own it! 

Kudos to you for writing such an adorable piece between your busy hours!πŸ‘πŸΌ 

If I had to be honest I felt this part perfectly summed it up and kinda left that anxious/mysterious touch to the story at the end. It feels full and complete and perfect on its own! But hey you should totally write if you have an interesting follow up! I'd love to read that too!πŸ˜‰

Umm how bout the title Lost in You?

Ok Done! Lost In You seems perfect!πŸ‘πŸΌ

Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks for the appreciation babu!πŸ€—

I too felt that it should end here and so thought of taking in suggestions!

I will write another OS on it next week by modifying the idea!😳

alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Miyaan, this was perfect! I loved it! The setting and emotions were all so beautifully described! I felt like I was watching a movie because you described everything in depth. I'm so glad you wrote this OS! I would love to see a scene like this in the show! Awesome job! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Thanks Meena!πŸ€—β€οΈ

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: alina.b

Miyaan, this was perfect! I loved it! The setting and emotions were all so beautifully described! I felt like I was watching a movie because you described everything in depth. I'm so glad you wrote this OS! I would love to see a scene like this in the show! Awesome job! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Thanks a lot Miyan for the appreciation!πŸ€—

I loved the scene where their shoulders brushed  It was beautifully enacted as well as edited❀️

The touch was innocent yet they both were effected

Veenapai thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7

Wonderful OS. Loved it. 

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Thanks Veena!❀️ Glad you liked it!πŸ€—

sambag thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Probably the last one to comment because I am reading it late. Loved the setup and the ending was perfect. To me that curiosity of what will happen and what will not happen is what makes a perfect ending.

Btw I would love Kanika & Mohit wearing something like this in the show, they would look awesome.